Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 04:29 PM

52,289 posts, read 52,723,379 times

Advertisements

No offense OP, but if you have to ask this question, you pretty much don't have a handle on insight into the frailties and fallibilities of humans....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 04:32 PM

23 posts, read 27,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
maybe its because he loved her. Did you think of that?
It's hard to think someone who loves would not only cheat but rub that on his partner's face for decades. He didn't bring other women home but he surely wasn't exactly discreet as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
No offense OP, but if you have to ask this question, you pretty much don't have a handle on insight into the frailties and fallibilities of humans....
I could understand cheating once or twice, nobody is perfect. But to lose count to the women you have been with?

Old 10-23-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
He loved her, and he probably felt fairly chitty and regretful about the way he'd treated her over the years.

Grief and guilt.
I'm quite sure he feel remorse. You can't mention my grandmother without a tear coming to his eye.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:39 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,228,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMQC View Post
I'm quite sure he feel remorse. You can't mention my grandmother without a tear coming to his eye.
So, love your Grandfather, clearly he is punishing himself enough. How is it that you know so much about their marriage anyway?? I do not think a child knowing this type information is a good thing. But, since you do, keep it to yourself, and just love him while you have him. Learn from his mistakes. Sorry for your loss.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:42 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,456,933 times
ive never slept with my mother and have no intention too, does that mean i shouldn't cry when she dies?

Old 10-23-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
So, love your Grandfather, clearly he is punishing himself enough. How is it that you know so much about their marriage anyway?? I do not think a child knowing this type information is a good thing. But, since you do, keep it to yourself, and just love him while you have him. Learn from his mistakes. Sorry for your loss.
Of course I love him as grandfather. How do I know? Everybody knows, like I said, you could see him frequently in public with other women. And even nowadays a young girl can't go past without him discreetly rolling his eyes.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:44 PM

368 posts, read 577,790 times
Just because he was a cheater, doesn't mean he didn't love her.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:46 PM

61,743 posts, read 87,194,708 times
Oh, he was a good citizen, a hard working, providing and caring for his family.
He never left his wife - she was the mother of his kids, she had say so, she run the household and raised kids. She was the hearth that had given warmth and comfort, sense of belonging, the heart of the house. A place where he was coming back, a quiet and stable haven for his soul.
I am sure he had respect for that.
What he had on the side was the little thrill, an excitement, a dirty secret - something probably not too terrible in the eyes of the society, as you said he was a macho type, good looking and making good money. Bossy and a bit arrogant. THE MAN.
However i think that he never ever thought about leaving his wife for a little flirt and easy women.
Now he lives with the memories and I am sure he misses his wife terribly.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:50 PM

25,963 posts, read 22,138,411 times
We have no way of knowing what sort of agreement they may have had as a couple because no one was behind closed doors with them. The fact that she stayed says something since adultery is a reason to divorce if he were actually committing adultery which I am not sure that anyone knows. Often a guy will hang out with women that sort of feeds his soul, a man with a narcissistic personality comes to mind, and they don't have sex but everyone thinks that they do. The wife knows she can trust her husband and understands his need for attention. I have spent a lot of time around both males and females who thrilled on attention from the opposite sex and unless you knew them, you might have thought they were having affairs but it just never went that far. I would cut grandpa some slack if for no other reason than the respect I had for grandma and how she would want me to treat him.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:53 PM

2,289 posts, read 5,775,936 times
Cause he no longer has anyone to cheat on, his macho man, the I am the man segment of his life is over.

I'd cry too, who is going to do my laundry and cook for me...certainly not his mistress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships