Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 08:03 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,661,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Guilt hopefully. Sounds like a real treasure of a husband.... 54 years with a total bastard, what a prize in the lottery of life ! Or maybe the habit of living with someone for 54 years, you get used to having that presence of your spouse no matter how craply you treated her and abused her.

I simply do not accept that you cheat on someone you Love. That to me is incomprehensible.

If getting into other woman's pants is more important than the woman you are supposed to Love you do not Love her. If you do not care about the pain, misery, and hurt you will cause, the lack of self esteem and the destruction of your relationship to that one person you do not Love that person. If your needs always come first then you are not in Love. And you are scum IMO. Period.

If you cannot stay faithful to one person , a very simple solution availalbe to ALL is NOT to get married and NOT to make promises you have no intention of keeping. Yes even in those days. Plenty of single people even then.

Stay single and be the playboy you always wanted to be. Not a very hard concept to grasp even for men with their brains firmly tucked in their underpants. Sleep around like a Dog and do not abuse your wife ( cheating is spousal psychological abuse unless you are in an open marriage).
Totally agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 08:06 AM

1,458 posts, read 2,660,027 times
Those of you who believe sex equals horrible, awful person are projecting your own values onto other people's lives.

There are plenty of us that realize scratching that itch isn't the worst thing someone can do. Not by far. Without talking to this man's dead wife, we don't know whether she was tortured daily by this knowledge, or just viewed the other women as throwaways that her husband used to sate his baser urges. Maybe she was low drive. We have no idea.

None of this is condoning extramarital affairs. It is only meant as a reminder that one person's ultimate no no is another's 'meh.'

As for the old man? He loved her. Love =/= sexual fidelity.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:08 AM

He liked the person she was and what she did for him, but that's not love. To love is to give and to want to make your beloved happy.

He was selfish, even though he probably had some good traits about him.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:24 AM

23 posts, read 27,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
He liked the person she was and what she did for him, but that's not love. To love is to give and to want to make your beloved happy.

He was selfish, even though he probably had some good traits about him.
Like I said, I suppose he didn't see himself as a bad husband because he provived well financially. According to that generation's expectations of course.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:55 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,566,007 times
Looking at the title of the post, the first thought that springs to mind is "why would someone ask such a stoopid naive question?"

Who knows.

Old 10-24-2012, 11:07 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,207,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMQC View Post
At her funeral, I couldn't believe when I saw him washed in tears, totally devastated. I mean, this sounds cruel, but now he can have all the women he wants (sure he's old but he has the money). Why be such an hipocrite in the end?
Guilt.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:27 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,226,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Love and sex are two entirely different things.
No they are not, I vehemently disagree with this widely held misconception, the two are very closely linked. What a pity that the Gramdpa never learned this. As an older male that has always been a one woman man and never been unfaithful to the woman in my life, will state that sex with someone you love is absolutely wonderful, and have always been puzzled as to why any person, man or woman, would wish to stray from something so good.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:30 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,838,481 times
Quote:
It's hard to think someone who loves would not only cheat but rub that on his partner's face for decades. He didn't bring other women home but he surely wasn't exactly discreet as well.

I could understand cheating once or twice, nobody is perfect. But to lose count to the women you have been with?
I don't lose count, I have them on a spreadsheet!!

Old 10-24-2012, 01:03 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,177,901 times
You must be young, because that would explain the lack of empathy.

1) Men can compartmentalize love and sex. Come to think of it, many women can, too.
2) People are quite complex.
3) For all you know, Grandma sucked in bed or just wasn't interested, but he still valued her as his companion in life.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Like I said, I suppose he didn't see himself as a bad husband because he provived well financially. According to that generation's expectations of course.
Probably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
No they are not, I vehemently disagree with this widely held misconception, the two are very closely linked. What a pity that the Gramdpa never learned this. As an older male that has always been a one woman man and never been unfaithful to the woman in my life, will state that sex with someone you love is absolutely wonderful, and have always been puzzled as to why any person, man or woman, would wish to stray from something so good.
I agree. SOME men and women separate love and sex, not all. My guess that most people don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships