Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2012, 05:03 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,640,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
And what's so amusing about that? You're ridiculous and illogical if you think that is on par with using hookers.
It's amusing for me because he told me he has paid prostitutes and she was using my advice of just guess he has either raped, sexually assaulted, or paid a hooker as a free-pass for her behavior.

I think it's on par with knowingly omitting information you know may affect a person's decision to be/remain with you.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:05 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,922,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
It's amusing for me because he told me he has paid prostitutes and she was using my advice of just guess he has either raped, sexually assaulted, or paid a hooker as a free-pass for her behavior.

I think it's on par with knowingly omitting information you know may affect your relationship.
Then you're delusional.

Also, I don't believe for a second that he told you he has paid for hookers.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Then you're delusional.

Also, I don't believe for a second that he told you he has paid for hookers.
What is delusional about thinking a guy omitting his prostitution payments and a wife omitting the child/ren's paternity do so for the same remain which is they know it will most likely affect the other person's decision?

Not believing me doesn't change that he did.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:15 AM

229 posts, read 424,242 times
I know I have been w/men who have been w/over 20 women. I think prostitution should be legal, not for my man though. I think I would maybe keep that under wraps. Again, I think it's okay if you're single. I just don't think that's something your potential wife really needs to know. Then again, if you were single, who really cares? It would be a gamble though. A lot of chics would probably not be okay w/it.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:16 AM

30,285 posts, read 23,772,836 times
It would definitely bother me and no, I would not. Especially if I knew it was 20!

Old 10-29-2012, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
What is delusional about thinking a guy omitting his prostitution payments and a wife omitting the child/ren's paternity do so for the same remain which is they know it will most likely affect the other person's decision?

Not believing me doesn't change that he did.
Let's put it this way. On a scale of 1-10 (1 being of very little severity and 10 being extremely high severity), a guy omitting that he paid for hookers in the past, assuming he currently has no STDs and his usage was prior to the relationship, rates a 3. However, on a scale of 1-10, a woman cheating on her husband, getting pregnant by another guy, and then telling her husband that it's his kid easily rates a 10 and should probably be a criminal offense if the husband is supporting children that aren't his (it's essentially a form of theft and/or fraud).

Nearly every bad act has a varying level of severity. For example, a trespassing conviction and a murder conviction are both negatives, but a murder conviction is about 20x worse. In the current case, omitting the usage of hookers and not telling your husband his kids are his are both negatives, but cheating on your husband, getting pregnant by another guy, and then telling him his kids are his is about 10x worse than a guy omitting his usage of hookers (especially if it was before the relationship began and is STD free).

Old 10-29-2012, 05:22 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,188,694 times
Quote:
Umm...you'd have no clue. It's pretty easy to put on a facade.
I'm okay with you thinking that. I date an entirely different class of men than the ones you associate with.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I'm okay with you thinking that. I date an entirely different class of men than the ones you associate with.
Unless you're dating a bunch of avid churchgoers, you probably don't date an entirely different class of men. Virtually all of my good friends are college-educated, white collar professionals (lawyers, doctors/med students, finance guys, etc).

It's not like I'm friends with a bunch of high school dropout, meth addicts from the trailer park.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:29 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,188,694 times
Quote:
Unless you're dating a bunch of avid churchgoers, you probably don't date an entirely different class of men. Virtually all of my good friends are college-educated, white collar professionals (lawyers, doctors/med students, finance guys, etc).

It's not like I'm hanging out with Dustin the meth addict over in the trailer park.
I'm not talking about strictly social class. I don't hang out with people whose views of women are similar to yours. And I've never had a relationship with someone who viewed sex and women the way that you do.

There's nothing you can say to change my mind and there's nothing I can say to change your mind. I'm okay with that.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Let's put it this way. On a scale of 1-10 (1 being of very little severity and 10 being extremely high severity), a guy omitting that he paid for hookers in the past, assuming he currently has no STDs and his usage was prior to the relationship, rates a 3. However, on a scale of 1-10, a woman cheating on her husband, getting pregnant by another guy, and then telling her husband that it's his kid easily rates a 10 and should probably be a criminal offense if the husband is supporting children that aren't his (it's essentially a form of theft and/or fraud).

Nearly every bad act has a varying level of severity. For example, a trespassing conviction and a murder conviction are both negatives, but a murder conviction is about 20x worse. In the current case, omitting the usage of hookers and not telling your husband his kids are his are both negatives, but cheating on your husband, getting pregnant by another guy, and then telling him his kids are his is about 10x worse than a guy omitting his usage of hookers (especially if it was before the relationship began and is STD free).
I'm aware the severity differs and I'm unsure why you seemingly think otherwise as I stated "it's on par with knowingly omitting information you know may affect your relationship."

In my opinion I don't see what warrants this response as there was no mention of severity, no mention of impact, no mention of comparing the acts in any way other than both omissions withheld because it may affect the relationship.

Seems in otherwords it's not delusional to think as I stated omitting prostitution and omitting paternity is on par with knowingly omitting information you know may affect your relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships