Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 12:40 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,398,636 times

Advertisements

Ask Jim Morrison
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 02:13 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Diverse in race, lifestyle and tastes. But will you move there and find out for yourself, or are you more comfortable stereotyping a place you know nothing about?

Old 11-02-2012, 02:16 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Diverse in race, lifestyle and tastes. But will you move there and find out for yourself, or are you more comfortable stereotyping a place you know nothing about?

Yeah. Just go and see for yourself!

It will be what you want it to be.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:14 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,508,595 times
If you are wealthy and fairly good looking than you will do well with women there.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:29 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Women are the same everywhere, we just have a higher concentration of the "negative" ones..... shallow, vain.... all of that type of crap.

But, I think you'll find plently of normal one too.......

So, I guess, It depends on who you meet....

LOL.... waffle much???

Old 11-02-2012, 05:31 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgarfield View Post
Serious replies please, nothing smart-alecky.

So, I see myself as mostly an L.A. person, despite being born and raised in Western Washington; what are the women in Los Angeles like? Shallow? I am wondering....
LA guys complain that the women are shallow. Still, you'd think there would be a variety of types...

Old 11-02-2012, 06:17 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenion View Post
More reason's not to go to L.A.
On the other hand, our punctuation is impeccable. OP, why not check out the L.A. board? That question has been floated around more than once.

Old 11-02-2012, 06:19 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
LA guys complain that the women are shallow. Still, you'd think there would be a variety of types...
I hear this a lot on forums like this one but I have yet to hear a single guy (seriously) in L.A. say anything to this effect. It's almost always people who don't live here who claim that all guys in L.A. make this complaint. You may live here, Ruth4Truth, I don't know.

Certainly there are shallow girls here. There are about as many shallow guys and they tend to date one another so what's the worry for the average person? I see plenty and then some of hooked-up, non-gorgeous people all over SoCal.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:08 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
We've had some Funtimes at POP & Universal Studios...

Old 11-02-2012, 07:33 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,153,088 times
Having lived in LA for years and being from NY state. I'll say that the women are similar to some degree to NYC women. I've been to NYC at least a hundred times. Overall, girls dress with a more unigue style in NYC, but LA would have to be second in my mind. That depends where you live though. When I first moved to LA, I lived in a not so good nabe called Whittier. It didn't take me long before I quickly moved to the west side. First to Pasadena and then on to Glendale where I stayed for the remainder. Girls in LA vary. If you're on the east side, you will see tons of spanish/ mexican women. You will see people dress like any other inner city with those ethnic minorities. Then there are areas like Hollywood, North Hollywood, etc that have their share of the plastic, money loving, fake looking people. A lot of Armenians lived in Glendale where I lived. You also get alot of plastic/ fake people from Orange county driving around and hanging out in LA. Those girls are easy to spot and if fake/ plastic/ money hungry types aren't your thing than don't worry because there are plenty of nice, friendly regular types all over LA too. If your planning on moving to LA, then basically the safer areas are anything west of the 110. Or west of where the 101 and 110 meet. Those are the better neighborhoods if you are white looking for other white people then you might want to stay on the west side. I'm not trying to stereotype, but being honest. Those other neighborhoods can be very dangerous for white people. But LA is not quite like you see on t.v. Everyone isn't rich driving a porsche. Most folks are normal and you will see your share of celebrities if you live in certain places like the Hollywood hills, Burbank, Beverly hills, etc, there were even some in Glendale. I knew plenty of regular people who were trying to break into the business who would be friends with celebs. It's not that uncommon. If you live in those areas, you will run into some and it won't be that big of a deal after a while. But most of the wannabe actors or people trying to break into the business all live in a concentrated area. Some of my friends have never even been to the east side.

And please people if you have never been there for a significant amount of time/ lived there then there is no reason to give your two scents. You would be giving a false interpretation of what you think LA is like. I have no idea why anyone would state as fact about a place that they have never been.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 11-02-2012 at 07:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships