Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 08:36 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,499,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy21 View Post
Absolutely crushed. Need a Pick me UP please
You need to put some serious distance between you and her. No more contact of any kind. And stop comparing yourself to the new guy because that's not productive at all.

[i realize this is easier said than done]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 08:38 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,022,216 times
You aren't the only one who feels like crap. i'm just burying myself in my hobbies to keep me preoccupied.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:42 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,125,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy21 View Post
My Ex of a year has been broken up with me for about 3 months now but we have kept in contact and our feelings are still there. We even let the physical side come into play through these 3 months. Now she is seeing a new guy who she says is amazing and very respectful of her (which I was) but this guy didn't even hold hands their first couple of "dates". I made the unfortunate mistake of looking on her FB tonight and she posted a status that she was stiff because of her recent car wreck. He commented saying, "I'll fix it " and she said " haha thanks baby. my body is hating me right now ) Just seeing her actually call this guy baby crushed me. She isn't even in a relationship with a guy but is now calling him that publicly. She has me blocked so I saw it on my friend's. I honestly think this is her rebound (the guy is not very attractive as she's admitted, but I know they have kissed by now) She always seems to depend on a guy in her life and doesn't want a relationship atm but wants that guy there so she can feel comfortable or whatever it is. It's a friday night and I'm home alone, feeling like crap now. Anybody have some advice ? much appreciated
Strangely enough, none of my breakups (the very few of them) ever resulted in this kind of stuff. They were always clean breakups and the women never jumped to other men.

But there have been two memorable cases where I have had strong feelings for women who jilted me and they jumped to other men and I had to endure it.

And I must say...

I know exactly the pain you are going through bro. It's the worst kind of pain. So, here's my advice...

1) Complete no contact. No Facebook. Nothing. Delete her number from your phone too. Fight all urges to look at her pictures.

2) If you are not doing anything, do something. Like if you are sitting around unemployed, find a job or go back to school. Keep your time occupied.

3*) I asteriked this one because it will be controversial. Find somebody else to date. People will tell you it's scummy because you are using the new woman as a rebound, but I don't look at it that way. Somebody else can make you momentarily forget about the pain of the one you feel for with somebody else. If you handle things well, no feelings will get hurt.

If you're anything like me, you're imagining them having sex and doing all kinds of naughty things, and torturing yourself. Another woman will help you.

4) Listen to music and play the GUITAR. That is your outlet as a musician. All those hours you put in to practice comes in handy right now. Put on a good song and jam. Let yourself go and put your soul in that instrument. The ability to play music has a palliative quality. Anyway, I assume you can play.

All the posters here think I'm bitter and negative. Oh man. They should see me if I didn't have my love of music to take off some of the edge. I'd be way worse ... or dead. As Les Paul said, "My guitar is like my shrink."

Last edited by jobaba; 11-16-2012 at 08:52 PM..

Old 11-16-2012, 08:48 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,143,238 times
I'd get around people, maybe go to the bar ( not necessarily to try and get another woman) , but be around some fun. I've been in your shoes and the worst thing was sitting around dwelling on it, alone.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:54 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,683,087 times
Yeah getting out helps.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:59 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,683,087 times
Taking my own advice.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:07 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,746,331 times
Almost every woman I've known likes a guy that can play guitar.

That's all I got.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:08 PM

774 posts, read 1,165,902 times
Do some volunteer work. Since you're a musician, find a private tutor and volunteer to work with him while teaching students. Maybe you can volunteer at a youth center, or play music at a Senior Citizens Center.

I've been in your shoes and it ain't fun. But I got over it. You will, too.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:09 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,125,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Almost every woman I've known likes a guy that can play guitar.

That's all I got.
Those women must be hanging with the ones who sleep with guys who ride the bus in LA. Because I haven't met them either.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:19 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,905,616 times
Yes, we all know how it feels...and no contact is best...
Sending OP a hug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
I'd get around people, maybe go to the bar ( not necessarily to try and get another woman) , but be around some fun. I've been in your shoes and the worst thing was sitting around dwelling on it, alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships