Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 09:25 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,654,695 times

Advertisements

Don't suppress how you feel. Take a day and accept it, feel hurt, feel vengeful, but don't act on it; don't contact her. It's important to get past this state and not suppress it, because when you suppress that you feel hurt, it'll just manifest in being projected onto others wrongfully in future encounters - and you don't want that. Write, sing, yell, do push-ups, whatever it is you do to rant, about how you feel on a raw level.

So take a day, and get through your bitter feelings, then afterward, you'll feel more peaceful and it will be easier to accept that you have to let her go and make her own choices now; and after that, remember that you're also now free to make yours. Good luck. *tight hug*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 09:26 PM

37,801 posts, read 46,315,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy21 View Post
I know. It's not fair. She can just find some guy and convince everyone they are great for each other, and I'm over here trying to find someone and it doesn't feel right. Like I don't even want to be looking for someone right now, and she had to because I think she was too weak to handle it on her own. So she is with him tonight, and I'm home alone. And I'm not some loser, I'm just willingly not trying to pursue someone. Just really depressed now, I know I have to stop looking at her stuff
This!!!!! Jeeez dude...cut yourself a break and stop that stupid shyte.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:35 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,255,862 times
Here's my pick me up to you.
Korean drummer completely steals the show. [VIDEO]

Stay off Facebook and enjoy!

Old 11-16-2012, 09:43 PM

688 posts, read 899,787 times
Best way to get over someone is to get under someone else. (not to be taken literally)

Old 11-16-2012, 09:48 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,738,429 times
She will start to get jealous if you start acting like you're in love too. You know the old saying "if you're scared, the terrorists win" well this is kinda like that, if you're pining over her, she wins.

I think a lot of your pain is physical and not emotional. I remember a break up when i was younger and my body was freaking out on me....i was in physical pain and because i didnt address the physical pain,i let it affect me mentally.

What you're going through is normal, just address in your mind "its normal to feel this way" and its just a process that you have to accept and deal with.

I know a girl who dated this guy for 7 years and then she broke up with him because of a few reasons and he took it REALLY hard. I also assumed that she took it very hard because i heard her sobbing on the phone, but when i brought this up to a friend of hers i was corrected in that "she didnt take it hard at all, she was out partying the following weekend trying to meet men"

We are here for you, we have your back, most of us have been right where you are right now, we know the feeling.

One last thing, i agree with a few of the other posters, stay off FB.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:08 PM

61 posts, read 60,096 times
Thanks so much guys, I didn't realize how many people would post here in such a short amount of time. Yes, I love guitar and I love to sing, been doing it for 6 years now. I'm only 21 and I know I don't have all the answers, but just had a long talk with my dad. He said pretty much the same thing. No contact. When it doesn't work out in the future with what she's working on, she will come back and try to use me again. This time I'm saying NO. Or better yet, nothing at all. I've been more involved with friends, my music, and meeting new people. I'm sort of past that whole party phase and I know I wouldn't enjoy myself if I showed up to one. Everyone says youre a handsome guy and could get alot of women. I just dont know if that's what I want or even need right now. I'll keep you guys updated on how things go if you decide to stick around. Thanks SO much I truly appreciate it, alot of you made me smile, laugh, and really think. Now I'm in a much better mood.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:19 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,738,429 times
Quote:
Thanks so much guys, I didn't realize how many people would post here in such a short amount of time. Yes, I love guitar and I love to sing, been doing it for 6 years now. I'm only 21 and I know I don't have all the answers, but just had a long talk with my dad. He said pretty much the same thing. No contact. When it doesn't work out in the future with what she's working on, she will come back and try to use me again. This time I'm saying NO. Or better yet, nothing at all. I've been more involved with friends, my music, and meeting new people. I'm sort of past that whole party phase and I know I wouldn't enjoy myself if I showed up to one. Everyone says youre a handsome guy and could get alot of women. I just dont know if that's what I want or even need right now. I'll keep you guys updated on how things go if you decide to stick around. Thanks SO much I truly appreciate it, alot of you made me smile, laugh, and really think. Now I'm in a much better mood.
Your dad sounds like a good man, he's there for you, many guys arent as lucky to have a parent willing to hear their love life problems.

I feel good about where you are headed in your life, i'm proud of you, keep your head up and head forward, you have your whole life ahead of you and there's a lot you can accomplish, take a break from women for the time being and stay focused on your career and life's goals.....here's hoping to see you on X factor or American Idol at some point...keep us posted!

Old 11-16-2012, 10:21 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,493,120 times
you're causing your own pain. go out and get proactive by pursuing your interests.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:28 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,454,412 times
Quote:
My Ex of a year has been broken up with me for about 3 months now but we have kept in contact and our feelings are still there. We even let the physical side come into play through these 3 months. Now she is seeing a new guy who she says is amazing and very respectful of her (which I was) but this guy didn't even hold hands their first couple of "dates". I made the unfortunate mistake of looking on her FB tonight and she posted a status that she was stiff because of her recent car wreck. He commented saying, "I'll fix it " and she said " haha thanks baby. my body is hating me right now ) Just seeing her actually call this guy baby crushed me. She isn't even in a relationship with a guy but is now calling him that publicly. She has me blocked so I saw it on my friend's. I honestly think this is her rebound (the guy is not very attractive as she's admitted, but I know they have kissed by now) She always seems to depend on a guy in her life and doesn't want a relationship atm but wants that guy there so she can feel comfortable or whatever it is. It's a friday night and I'm home alone, feeling like crap now. Anybody have some advice ? much appreciated
You are going to be told the same thing in this thread as you were the other 2 or 3 threads that you have started regarding this same girl. If you haven't gotten the idea reading the answers on those threads what makes you think this one is going to be any different.

Quit whining so much over one girl who is not worth the effort and get out of the house, away from the computer and go have a real life already.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:34 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,764,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Those women must be hanging with the ones who sleep with guys who ride the bus in LA. Because I haven't met them either.

I don't sleep with men nor ride the bus. So I think you're wrong about that one!

If you ask women most of the ones I know find it to be a turn on but that doesn't mean they're groupies or tramps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships