Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 10:06 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,285,338 times

Advertisements

A lot of the times, being a douchebag is a look. Don't get me wrong, bleach blonde hair and tight affliction shirts in your late 20s to early 30s is douchey, but the hair and the shirts talk about something else. The hair shows that you are more of a free spirit and open to change, maybe not always stability, but you are and can be the life of the party. Also, the affliction shirt generally shows off muscle, which doesn't happen on its own. It takes determination to eat right and workout often. In reality, the lifting and the life of the party is an attractive turn on. It may not be a turn on for long-term commitment; however, for many women, it's a turn on for short-term commitment. It just depends on where you fit in in the equation....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 10:10 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
good point and probably right. If it was a woman saying this, they would be calling her 'bitter' and 'jealous' of the other women , why do guys want sympathy for the same circumstance? Sorry.
I don't think guys necessarily want sympathy so much as a way of rationalizing why they do poorly with women while other guys do well with women. It's far more comforting to assume that girls who choose other guys besides yourself are choosing poorly than it is to be honest about your own faults.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:24 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
LOOKS

Women dont search for jerks dbags but if a guy is good looking women will be animalistically attracted to him still..

My friends arrogant and borderline narcisistic women even say that about him then the next minute laugh at all his jokes and flirt with him

Looks can make people overlook your flaws at times..

Old 11-28-2012, 10:32 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
I don't think guys necessarily want sympathy so much as a way of rationalizing why they do poorly with women while other guys do well with women. It's far more comforting to assume that girls who choose other guys besides yourself are choosing poorly than it is to be honest about your own faults.

But still how is this any different from women that do poorly with men like Jet who tries and tries? It's not. So I don't even know how they're rationalizing then....I agree that they think the guys must be a holes if they're getting all the women.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:34 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
It's another good guy/bad guy thread.

In my experiences, and I've known quite a few "Bad guys" who are literally bad guys, who would get at least 1 woman whenever he went "fishing" as they called it, I Don't believe what they had was anything like confidence.

They simply didn't give a damn about anyone except themselves. Sure they would say "I love women!" but in reality it was about getting more notches in there belts, and that's all that mattered when they would see there friends who were just like them, and they'd share numbers and stories and where they're going and how many numbers they are going to get.

I guess people would call those guys "alphas" or whatever, but I called them stupid, because today they are ether in and out of court, paying huge CS payments or in jail. All these guys had multiple kids from multiple women, and they are being chased for CS.

Call that confidence if you like. I call it ****ing stupid.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:38 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,160,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
It's another good guy/bad guy thread.

In my experiences, and I've known quite a few "Bad guys" who are literally bad guys, who would get at least 1 woman whenever he went "fishing" as they called it, I Don't believe what they had was anything like confidence.

They simply didn't give a damn about anyone except themselves. Sure they would say "I love women!" but in reality it was about getting more notches in there belts, and that's all that mattered when they would see there friends who were just like them, and they'd share numbers and stories and where they're going and how many numbers they are going to get.

I guess people would call those guys "alphas" or whatever, but I called them stupid, because today they are ether in and out of court, paying huge CS payments or in jail. All these guys had multiple kids from multiple women, and they are being chased for CS.

Call that confidence if you like. I call it ****ing stupid.
Well- arrogance and narcissism can come off as confidence to an outsider. And if that guy is only going for short term hookups, the women he meets will never be around him long enough to suspect his defects. Thus, the cycle continues. Guys like this typically don't do well in serious relationships.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:39 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Maybe those women are having that 'not so fresh' feeling and are attracted to the db?
This was actually funny.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:40 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
Interesting thing is that a lot of the guys that I see that are alone aren't necessarily clean, sophisticated and authentic. As a matter of fact, these lonely souls are often one of the least authentic.

As far as douche bags being surrounded by women, water seeks its own level probably applies here. Then like the others say, the douche bags always put themselves out there.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:41 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
So they can go home with the douchebag, have wild sex and never hear from him again. After all, a douchebag isnt much of a BF material, so might as well give it up right away. Hope this answers your question

Old 11-28-2012, 10:42 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Well- arrogance and narcissism can come off as confidence to an outsider. And if that guy is only going for short term hookups, the women he meets will never be around him long enough to suspect his defects. Thus, the cycle continues. Guys like this typically don't do well in serious relationships.
Oh no, all they wanted was a pump-and-dump. They hang around long enough to get the notch, maybe hang around a little longer if they liked it, then they'd run.

Which is why they always had a rough past, because some would keep trying to come back, and a crazy woman can do a lot.

Keep in mind that they would go to jail for drug use, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships