Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2012, 04:08 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,783,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyCurious View Post
With her frame, as with many women's frames..your waist can only be so narrow. It's how her ribs curve and the lack of curves in her hips. With certain height and girth a waist cannot be too narrow, it depends on how wide the hips are.

I think people look at the body as a whole. Men like Kate Upton, but her waist/torso area is quite thick, with not much waist hip definition..she's apple shaped, but with a large chest, so she is attractive.
Sure, but look back at the first model i posted, Candice. They have similar sized hips, though Candice's are a bit rounder, but it's her significantly smaller waist that makes her hips look "wide". But are they really wide? Or is it relative? If she were to build up her abdominal muscles, her waist would become wider and make her hips look narrower...

What I'm getting at, is that I don't think the article meant undefined hips (such as the brick body type) but simply thin and proportionate hips.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 04:21 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
That's really what the majority of men want?

lol. I'm definitely not in the majority.

I think she looks better before the makeover though.
If you're into models. Most model chicks are skinny and petite like that. I prefer a women a little thicker than Gisele. More like Kim Kardashian. But like you said everybody has different taste.

Old 12-16-2012, 04:23 PM

468 posts, read 553,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Sure, but look back at the first model i posted, Candice. They have similar sized hips, though Candice's are a bit rounder, but it's her significantly smaller waist that makes her hips look "wide". But are they really wide? Or is it relative? If she were to build up her abdominal muscles, her waist would become wider and make her hips look narrower...

What I'm getting at, is that I don't think the article meant undefined hips (such as the brick body type) but simply thin and proportionate hips.
It is relative. Candice Swanepoel's waist is unusually small, too small for her overall frame imo, plus she's got curvy hips..she's shaped a bit like a pear. When I see 'narrow hips', it usually means just that...narrow hips. It does not mean defined hips. If they meant that, they could've easily said so. Typically, the term 'narrow hips' is used to describe boys' bodies or prepubescent girls.

Old 12-16-2012, 04:29 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,783,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyCurious View Post
It is relative. Candice Swanepoel's waist is unusually small, too small for her overall frame imo, plus she's got curvy hips..she's shaped a bit like a pear. When I see 'narrow hips', it usually means just that...narrow hips. It does not mean defined hips. If they meant that, they could've easily said so. Typically, the term 'narrow hips' is used to describe boys' bodies or prepubescent girls.
I disagree. The method they describe to reach these conclusions was showing a series of photos to men and using their reactions to gauge how different features relate to overall attraction. That means that these men weren't asked "do you prefer narrow or wide hips", it means that someone who wrote, ran, or interpreted the study decided to define someone's body as having narrow hips. Without seeing the photos used, we have no way of knowing what that means.

Last edited by UnexpectedError; 12-16-2012 at 04:49 PM..

Old 12-16-2012, 04:34 PM

25,964 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Listen up, ladies. According to "Men's Health News", if you want to be seen as the perfect woman:

1. You laugh at their jokes
2. You're 2-4 years younger than they are
3. You have a nice smile
4. You have big breasts
5. You have long legs
6. You have your own career and money
7. You have little feet
8. You're educated
9. You wear red
10. You have narrow hips
11. You have brown hair

The Anatomy of the Perfect Woman | Men's Health News

So get busy ladies!
Considering how many "perfect" men there are to be a suitable match for the "perfect" woman, why bother? Why not just be one's best self and if that isn't good enough, she can be spared the agony of a relationship with a less than perfect man who feels he is deserving of a perfect woman?

Old 12-16-2012, 05:32 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
If you're into models. Most model chicks are skinny and petite like that. I prefer a women a little thicker than Gisele. More like Kim Kardashian. But like you said everybody has different taste.
This is what ATG wants and needs.

Models are nice, but at the end of the day, they're too skinny for me. Luckily for me, the ones I was involved with had junk in the trunk. Here's a pic of what I'm talking about:

But Kim K's frame would be 'perfect' for me.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:40 PM

406 posts, read 1,039,474 times
1. You laugh at their jokes good
2. You're 2-4 years younger than they are 4 years younger would be perfect
3. You have a nice smile ok
4. You have big breasts anything is ok all men will like your breasts no matter what size or shape they are
5. You have long legs good
6. You have your own career and money don't know about this one
7. You have little feet unless someone has foot fetish, I don't think they'll notice your feet
8. You're educated doesn't really matter to me
9. You wear red I hate red
10. You have narrow hips hourglass curvy figure would be perfect
11. You have brown hair hair color does not matter to me

Old 12-16-2012, 05:43 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,017,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Listen up, ladies. According to "Men's Health News", if you want to be seen as the perfect woman:

1. You laugh at their jokes
2. You're 2-4 years younger than they are
3. You have a nice smile
4. You have big breasts
5. You have long legs
6. You have your own career and money
7. You have little feet
8. You're educated
9. You wear red
10. You have narrow hips
11. You have brown hair

The Anatomy of the Perfect Woman | Men's Health News

So get busy ladies!

Somethings on that list I agree with but some things on that list I find absolutely retarded.
How about?
1. She's genuinely nice
2. Loyal
3. Upkeeps her appearnace (who cares if she has brown hair or wears red?)
4. Stays in shape (Doesn't need to have big breast)
5. Supportive
6. Outgoing and adventerous
7. Intelligent
8. Financially independent
9. Loving

I would move heaven and earth to find a women like this. I'm a money hungry power loving S.o.b. but I would trade everything to be with a women like this.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:47 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Somethings on that list I agree with but some things on that list I find absolutely retarded.
How about?
1. She's genuinely nice
2. Loyal
3. Upkeeps her appearnace (who cares if she has brown hair or wears red?)
4. Stays in shape (Doesn't need to have big breast)
5. Supportive
6. Outgoing and adventerous
7. Intelligent
8. Financially independent
9. Loving

I would move heaven and earth to find a women like this. I'm a money hungry power loving S.o.b. but I would trade everything to be with a women like this.
Good list. But the women I know who have those qualities aren't interested in guys with your qualities. You might have a tendency to attract women who are into status and money. People tend to attract what they are, generally speaking. Just saying.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:07 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,133,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Most model chicks are skinny and petite like that.
Just a nitpick: models are very much not petite. Petite women are very short, models are Amazonian tall.

Carry on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships