Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 11:02 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times

Advertisements

I'm shy. But I am not socially awkward. Extroverts tend to be very exhausting to be around. I know this because I dated an extremely extroverted woman and I knew it wasn't going to work out. Also, there are days where you just don't want to communicate with people. If you date a shy person, don't force them into being more outgoing. They'll resent you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2015, 11:21 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I'm shy. But I am not socially awkward. Extroverts tend to be very exhausting to be around. I know this because I dated an extremely extroverted woman and I knew it wasn't going to work out. Also, there are days where you just don't want to communicate with people. If you date a shy person, don't force them into being more outgoing. They'll resent you.
Except the OP wanted to know what types of women were attracted to shy guys, not how shy guys want to be treated.

Old 01-16-2015, 04:18 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Except the OP wanted to know what types of women were attracted to shy guys, not how shy guys want to be treated.
Oh! Well every woman is different. Some like shy laid back men and other prefer the outgoing type.

Old 01-17-2015, 03:55 PM

286 posts, read 305,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Most young women look at guys who are shy as boring. Those guys tend to not have much friends and aren't very social. They want guys who are fun,exiting, and can entertain them.
Dance monkey, dance!

Old 01-17-2015, 05:09 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Shy one's
Loud one's
Nerdy one's
Nice one's
Mean one's
B***** one's

Old 01-17-2015, 05:10 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,845,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
I like shy guys sometimes because the ones I've known have been sweet and supportive. I love a sweet and supportive man. I'm pretty outgoing and I'm not looking to "lean" on a man, but knowing that he has my back is a huge turn-on for me.

Old 01-17-2015, 08:50 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Most young women look at guys who are shy as boring. Those guys tend to not have much friends and aren't very social. They want guys who are fun,exiting, and can entertain them.
Shy/reserved types can, & do, do this.
I enjoy getting to know shy types..they tend to be more interesting,.. to me.

Old 01-18-2015, 11:59 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,415,462 times
I remember at a very young age, really super digging mad crushing on the shy intellectual boys.. they were so cuute.

I can be shy myself, especially around those I admire.

Something about the shy boys- I like picking at their brains or seeing how I can emotionally tickle them, and they are so cute once you get them out of their shells. Lots of interesting opinions, wisdom, perspective that you don't get from a meathead, jock or stereotypical "alpha male." They have a bit more pizazz about them. It's sorta like how some people prefer a breed of animals and some people don't. I still don't know why people like poodles, but they do.

Old 01-18-2015, 12:27 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,638,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
I remember at a very young age, really super digging mad crushing on the shy intellectual boys.. they were so cuute.

I can be shy myself, especially around those I admire.

Something about the shy boys- I like picking at their brains or seeing how I can emotionally tickle them, and they are so cute once you get them out of their shells. Lots of interesting opinions, wisdom, perspective that you don't get from a meathead, jock or stereotypical "alpha male." They have a bit more pizazz about them. It's sorta like how some people prefer a breed of animals and some people don't. I still don't know why people like poodles, but they do.
Poodles are one of the smartest dog breeds around, and are known to be particularly empathic, meaning they know what you're feeling. They are also hunting dogs and can run crazy fast, and big standard males can reach 90+ pounds. Only downside is they look a little unorthodox.

Old 01-18-2015, 12:32 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Well, opposites attract. Women that tends to be extroverted and unabashed should be attracted to shy and quieter ones. While many of these type of women go for alpha males that's why they are never happy because it becomes a struggle for attention, affection, and dominance. Women that tend to speak their minds quickly should pick a guy that is a good listener and quieter. Your relationship will be much better. Unfortunately most females all pick and choose the alpha male types because they're conditioned to like alpha males. All movies, TV shows, work places, etc all have alpha males as leads but that doesn't mean your relationship will work that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships