Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 01:04 PM

203 posts, read 178,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Masculine women are a dealbreaker. I don't want to date a woman who is sending out masculine energy.
Most guys don't, myself included. Some very feminine guys however, love em because they are really compatible together. In general terms, a more masculine guy will seek our a more feminine woman and vice versa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2019, 07:06 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,577,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabasis X View Post
Yes, in a gender role reversal situation. Very feminine guys and very masculine women are usually a decent match. But there always needs to be sexual polarity in order for a relationship to succeed. I believe that many of todays relationships/marriages fail because both men and women are neither masculine nor feminine. If two such individuals pair up, the sexual tension (spark) is non existent and the relationship will fail. Todays men are more feminine than ever and todays women are more masculine than ever before. This creates a problem of incompatibility.
i'll dig this up since i heard it a few times recently.
alpha chads dissing shy guys saying they are feminine (sissies).
and saying girls that ask guys out are masculine (dikes).

the venn diagram is outgoing women and men can pull outgoing and shy men and women.
shy guys and girls are too shy to ask anyone out; so, that leaves outgoing persons to pull their digits.

Old 08-31-2019, 10:03 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Haven't really noticed any trends...except for shy guys not finding women and then complaining on CD.
Incels?

Old 08-31-2019, 06:02 PM

1,340 posts, read 1,628,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabasis X View Post
Most guys don't, myself included. Some very feminine guys however, love em because they are really compatible together. In general terms, a more masculine guy will seek our a more feminine woman and vice versa.
If you mean "masculine" as aggressive, brash, intrusive, gym rat, party person and so on (common steretypes of supposed masculinity of city-data!), then no. These types of people literally tend to "stack together" and it's definitely a given that such women DO gravitate towards such men and vice-versa. And it's definitely a given that 'shy guys' tend to avoid such women.

Old 08-31-2019, 06:20 PM

12,779 posts, read 14,992,488 times
I'm attracted to guys on the shy guys. When I first met my current fiance', he wrote me letters/notes at first to communicate what he wanted to because he was shy. We were in our early to mid-20s. That was perfectly fine w/ me.

The type of woman I am is shy too. I definitely don't like attention-starvers, sarcastic types, brash, domineering, etc. guys.

Old 08-31-2019, 07:07 PM

151 posts, read 46,826 times
I didn't used to be shy, but, I think I qualify now. In my late 20s I know I wasn't shy. I was confident and outgoing, talked to people. I had lots of energy. That's how my friends were too. We surfed and skied, traveled. I even helped two of my friends build their company from the ground up. I got married. I felt like I could conquer the world.

Probably around 5 years ago, things changed for me and I just stopped being that person. It wasn't natural for me anymore. It was sort of a problem for my wife(now exwife.) I didn't want to go to parties, I didn't hang around my friends as much, I wasn't social. She was adamant that it was my testosterone levels so I went I had it checked. They were a little low but still within normal range for a guy pushing 40.

I didn't feel like I should get HRT because, I didn't want to be the old me. I liked the mellow me. I still do. So, maybe it was just a natural thing. High testosterone, lots of confidence and aggressively achieving my goals. Now, I'm just chilled out. I take it easy and that's cool with me.

Old 09-01-2019, 10:11 AM

728 posts, read 472,398 times
I've always been told I'm shy, and I guess I considered myself that way also because I didn't talk to people I didn't know, but I came to realize I don't want to talk to people. I dread social interactions. So, I think it's not a shy thing, so much as I'm not a person who likes people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships