Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 07:36 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,637,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabasis X View Post
Absolutely none. Men being shy is a symptom not a natural state. A natural man is shameless, open and direct and also selfish. If you are not, fix it.
Actually people have found a genetic link to shyness, the general thought on the subject at the moment is that around 50% of shyness is genetic/inherited.

Your sentiment is exactly what is so wrong with todays society. Shyness is seen as a disease, a un natural state. Really not cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2015, 08:14 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
Quote:
Absolutely none. Men being shy is a symptom not a natural state. A natural man is shameless, open and direct and also selfish. If you are not, fix it.
I'm shy and I just had a date tonight. She told me loves how quiet and laidback I am.

Old 01-31-2015, 04:11 AM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I'm shy and I just had a date tonight. She told me loves how quiet and laidback I am.
This is nuts knock it off. Just like two days ago you were adamant about no approaching or dating for a whole year. Either you are the worst storyteller, an 8 year old with an iPad, or incredibly wishy washy.

Old 01-31-2015, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
This is nuts knock it off. Just like two days ago you were adamant about no approaching or dating for a whole year. Either you are the worst storyteller, an 8 year old with an iPad, or incredibly wishy washy.
You don't have to believe me. In fact, I don't care if you don't. But I went out on a date with my female friend because she said she had a crush on me. So, I took a risk.

Old 01-31-2015, 12:34 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,830,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Have I dated you?

I will say that shy, quiet guys have more issues with attracting the notice of women...who expect to be singled out, lavished with public attention, and aggressively pursued. But this is not all women. Some of us find being aggressively pursued offputting, annoying, intimidating, creepy, the opposite of flattering, and gladly look to the low-key, cool guy. For me, if a guy is coming on too strong, I am really skeptical of him. I'll take that laconic guy in the corner who's watched Mr. Wannabe-Alpha-Male lay it on too thick all night, and tossed me a knowing grin and eyeroll. In a heartbeat.
This reflects the opinion of many of my girlfriends and my sisters. They are suspicious of men who come on strong. Not me, I personally love it when a man isn't afraid to let his feelings be known and he knows that I'm not going to just fall into his lap. I actually find "low-key cool guys" to be the arrogant ones; as they think they are so cool they shouldn't have to lift a finger to court a woman.

It takes all kinds. There is no right or wrong, and I think there's a lid for every pot. My sister is dating Mr. Passive and seems happy with him about 60% of the time (the other 40% of the time she is complaining about him). I married "Mr. Take Charge" and wouldn't trade him for all the tea in China.

Old 02-03-2015, 12:58 PM

5,354 posts, read 5,129,553 times
I wouldn't call myself shy, I like to talk to people and feel fine at parties, but its starting random conversations with people I don't know with nothing in common that's the hard part. This is why it's hard for me to just go out and meet new people who don't know people I know.

Old 02-05-2015, 12:12 PM

2,802 posts, read 6,428,288 times
Domineering women tend to be attracted to shy guys.

Old 02-05-2015, 12:45 PM

203 posts, read 178,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
Im sure she also loves how wishy washy he is, because all women like wishy washy men. haha

Old 02-05-2015, 12:57 PM

203 posts, read 178,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Stranger View Post
Domineering women tend to be attracted to shy guys.
Yes, in a gender role reversal situation. Very feminine guys and very masculine women are usually a decent match. But there always needs to be sexual polarity in order for a relationship to succeed. I believe that many of todays relationships/marriages fail because both men and women are neither masculine nor feminine. If two such individuals pair up, the sexual tension (spark) is non existent and the relationship will fail. Todays men are more feminine than ever and todays women are more masculine than ever before. This creates a problem of incompatibility.

Old 02-05-2015, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Yes, in a gender role reversal situation. Very feminine guys and very masculine women are usually a decent match. But there always needs to be sexual polarity in order for a relationship to succeed. I believe that many of todays relationships/marriages fail because both men and women are neither masculine nor feminine. If two such individuals pair up, the sexual tension (spark) is non existent and the relationship will fail. Todays men are more feminine than ever and todays women are more masculine than ever before. This creates a problem of incompatibility.
Masculine women are a dealbreaker. I don't want to date a woman who is sending out masculine energy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships