Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 04:09 PM

4,003 posts, read 6,103,368 times

Advertisements

its one thing not to be clingy, its another to be rude. ignoring someons calls and texts is rude. i've used the busy excuse before as well but lets be honest, it takes 2 seconds to return a text.

Old 11-19-2013, 04:22 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,806,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlemagic View Post
its one thing not to be clingy, its another to be rude. ignoring someons calls and texts is rude. i've used the busy excuse before as well but lets be honest, it takes 2 seconds to return a text.
I know what you mean... and with the OP, it sounds like she missed a lot of calls and texts and that can come across as rude. But I want to point out that not for everyone can text back right away. My cell (and no ones cell) works in my house. So if someone texts me while I am home, I won't see it until I leave the house with my phone.

I know that's just me, but my point is, not everyone can text back right away in a couple of seconds so don't assume people can. People might not have a signal, they might not notice a text comes though if they are in a loud place, they might be driving, might be on metro underground and not get a signal, might be handling a minor emergency, might work in a place where cells are not allowed to be used, there are any number of reasons.

If someone perpetually ignores calls and texts, there might be a problem. But if it's infrequent (or you know they have a good excuse... like me living in a dead zone) it's not good for anyone to get uptight about it.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships