Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 04:30 PM

904 posts, read 1,382,362 times

Advertisements

I guess it doesn't really matter, there's the guy who you've been out with five times waiting in the bullpen.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:37 PM

313 posts, read 664,744 times
Just an update. I got a text from this guy last night. This is what he said " I really want to see you but you're always too busy. What am I suppose to do? I like you. I want to get to know you. I don't play games. I'm looking for a long term real thing. I think we have potential and may hit it off". I told him it was alright but I'm not available till the following week.

I need your opinion, should I go out with this guy again considering he already dumped me once before, saying he has moved on? And I met a new guy on NYE. Thanks.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:41 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowT View Post
Just an update. I got a text from this guy last night. This is what he said " I really want to see you but you're always too busy. What am I suppose to do? I like you. I want to get to know you. I don't play games. I'm looking for a long term real thing. I think we have potential and may hit it off". I told him it was alright but I'm not available till the following week.

I need your opinion, should I go out with this guy again considering he already dumped me once before, saying he has moved on? And I met a new guy on NYE. Thanks.
So you just repeated, and did not learn from, your past mistakes?! Way to go.

Imagine some fella doing this crap to YOU!

You will forever be married to your job. Congrats.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:17 PM

532 posts, read 1,177,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post

Exactly. Nothing wrong with being married to your work. It's your choice. Just don't expect it to work out for other people. And it doesn't make them bad people for wanting more out of you either, it just makes them different. If you plan on continuing to go on in the direction you've been in, be fair and honest enough with yourself and others as to what you can give, and let them go if it doesn't work for them. Leave this guy alone. Your expectations do not match up and will only result in unhappiness.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:27 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post

I think her job excuse works perfect for her.
That way, she never really has to enter a LTR.
She tells the guy I'm busy till next week ? 5 days busy ? That poor guy should just move on, as the OP is flat out not interested in him.
And, she already met a new guy. So again, the initial excitement of someone new.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:18 PM

313 posts, read 664,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
I think her job excuse works perfect for her.
That way, she never really has to enter a LTR.
She tells the guy I'm busy till next week ? 5 days busy ? That poor guy should just move on, as the OP is flat out not interested in him.
And, she already met a new guy. So again, the initial excitement of someone new.
No I want to be in a LTR, but with the right person. We've been out twice but I still have to get to know him. I'm interested but I don't want to concentrate on one guy only if I have other options. I already made plans this weekend so I can't really go out with him not till next week. He's cool with it. All I have to do is to let him know when.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:22 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,779,436 times
Sounds like the guy is willing to you give you an honest chance, and your head is with someone else. Do the man a favor and break it off.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:26 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,719 times
Quote:
No I want to be in a LTR, but with the right person. We've been out twice but I still have to get to know him. I'm interested but I don't want to concentrate on one guy only if I have other options. I already made plans this weekend so I can't really go out with him not till next week. He's cool with it. All I have to do is to let him know when.
Thats cool. Enjoy dating !

Old 01-03-2013, 04:18 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Maybe you need to put dating on hold until you actually have time to return a phone call or a text. How can you even find the time to go out with this guy if you can't find a few minutes to communicate with him?

How busy are you that you can't take 30 seconds out of your day to do that?

I don't think he's being unreasonable (unless this all happened in the course of one day).
I agree with the general theme - OP should reply in reasonable time - unless the guy was doing this in a 24 hour or so timeframe.

Did we ever confirm the timeframe involved here?

Old 01-03-2013, 04:20 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,822 times
Quote:
He called twice on Tuesday. I was at work saving lives not sitting infront of my computer killing time. He sent a text on Wednesday afternoon, pretty much saying that he has moved on.
It happened before with different guys. They just dumped me because I'm to busy to go out with them. I have friends I hang out with on weekends and family I see every Sunday. If I'm free I go out on dates but there are times I want time on my own too and do my own thing.
1. Did the guy know what you do for a living?
2. Is there some reason that evening (even if late) you couldn't have sent him a message?

It's been a while since I dated, but if I was expecting to go out with some guy later that week, I didn't "forget" he called unless I really wasn't all that interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships