Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you date a guy that played video games?
Yes, I would it does not bother me. 35 64.81%
No, I wouldn't because it is too childish 19 35.19%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 12:19 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,694,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandate_of_Heaven View Post
Aww but that takes all the fun out of it! As for earlier, yes I asked for people's opinions, by looking at this thread, I can see why some people feel the way they do. I wanted to go out tonight and I asked a friend of mine and he told me he couldn't because he was throwing a LAN party. ok, lan party or chicks? Seems like a no brainer to me, I am a gamer too, but I would choose girls over a game anyday, it's this kind of stuff that does turn me off.
Why? He did he did his thing you did your thing no need for any contempt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2012, 12:24 PM

681 posts, read 618,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybirdX View Post
Why? He did he did his thing you did your thing no need for any contempt.
It's a little bit different than that Jay as this has already happened several times. I do kinda look down on people that turn down social interactions for videogames all the time. These same guys will come back and later complain how they can never get a gf, gee I wonder why

Old 12-29-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I understand you're trying to defend video games - please refer to the part of my post where I said I had no issue with people playing them from time to time (and that I have a console myself - my all time fave game besides SMB is GTA:SA) but that I found gaming as a lifestyle choice to be unattractive.
Not really trying to defend video games you have every right not find it attractive but going on about it being a worthless waste of time was a bit much.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Not really trying to defend video games you have every right not find it attractive but going on about it being a worthless waste of time was a bit much.
i don't mind them saying that, i am just trying to figure out how it is more of a waste of time, than watchiing tv, playing around on facebook. Most people whether they play VG or not do do these things.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:34 PM

[quote=Mandate_of_Heaven;27536875]It's a little bit different than that Jay as this has already happened several times. I do kinda look down on people that turn down social interactions for videogames all the time. These same guys will come back and later complain how they can never get a gf, gee I wonder why [/QUOTE/]

I count a lan party as an social interaction just not a interaction where you can meet women. My friends have met girls at lan parties. They probably need to expand their circle a bit but he just might not be in to what you do on the weekends.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:37 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,145,620 times
Quote:
ok, so here it goes. Idk why I am thinking this, but recently I had read something about video games and how they are childish. I really would like to get the ladies opinions on this topic. Do you think video games are childish and immature? Would you date someone that did play them? This just randomly came up in my head and I would really like to know what people think.

I guess the other reason that it came up was because I feel like I waste money on games when it could always be used for something else, but right now I am having some medical issues with my back and a few people told me that I should keep my system so that I wouldn't "go nuts" being at the house all the time(i'm off for the next two weeks). So don't be shy! Tell me what you think about a guy that plays games.

P.S. I do think about having a family someday and I figured that if a man had a family with work and wife and kids, that it would be impossible to play....
My opinion is that video games are indeed, childish. We only have one life to live and it is very short. To waste time playing video games when you could be doing something constructive is, in my opinion, a terrible thing.

If you need to have something to keep you from "going nuts", why don't you buy a Rosetta Stone program and learn another language? Or, if that is too expensive, pick up a new hobby or pursue something that is interesting to you such as reading about history or planning a small garden for spring.

You could lean how to build a website and make some money doing it for other people, or you could design/develop something that you could sell either online, through Craigslist or at flea markets/swap meets. You could even write stories/articles and submit them online to blogs that buy content.

There are a million things that you could be spending your time doing other than video games. And yes, if I were single, I'd not be interested in someone who was into video games.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-29-2012, 12:46 PM

[quote=JaybirdX;27537012]
Quote:
It's a little bit different than that Jay as this has already happened several times. I do kinda look down on people that turn down social interactions for videogames all the time. These same guys will come back and later complain how they can never get a gf, gee I wonder why [/QUOTE/]

I count a lan party as an social interaction just not a interaction where you can meet women. My friends have met girls at lan parties. They probably need to expand their circle a bit but he just might not be in to what you do on the weekends.
I did ask them if girls came and they said once in a while, but they are usually the gfs of the players. I don't know, my clock is ticking and I just don't have time to waste.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:52 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
[quote=Mandate_of_Heaven;27537155]
Quote:

I did ask them if girls came and they said once in a while, but they are usually the gfs of the players. I don't know, my clock is ticking and I just don't have time to waste.
Are you in danger of going into menopause?

Old 12-29-2012, 12:56 PM

[quote=Mandate_of_Heaven;27537155]
Quote:

Clock ticking?

Old 12-29-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
My opinion is that video games are indeed, childish. We only have one life to live and it is very short. To waste time playing video games when you could be doing something constructive is, in my opinion, a terrible thing.

If you need to have something to keep you from "going nuts", why don't you buy a Rosetta Stone program and learn another language? Or, if that is too expensive, pick up a new hobby or pursue something that is interesting to you such as reading about history or planning a small garden for spring.

You could lean how to build a website and make some money doing it for other people, or you could design/develop something that you could sell either online, through Craigslist or at flea markets/swap meets. You could even write stories/articles and submit them online to blogs that buy content.

There are a million things that you could be spending your time doing other than video games. And yes, if I were single, I'd not be interested in someone who was into video games.

20yrsinBranson
Good post! I myself have wondered if I am indeed wasting my time because I really want to learn italian and french and my goal was to learn a foreign language every few years or so. I do like to read about history and I would like to learn more about computers. I think that I constantly battle with myself between real and tangible things that I could learn vs. the fantasy realm that I escape to when I power up my machine. I have thought of so many times of just selling it and I still never decided if that was what I was going to do. I do think it needs to be done in moderation and it's hard when you have games like COD that can last a while, especially if you are trying to prestige.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships