Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you date a guy that played video games?
Yes, I would it does not bother me. 35 64.81%
No, I wouldn't because it is too childish 19 35.19%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 03:46 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandate_of_Heaven View Post
I can't find ANYONE my age to play with on ps3 with Black ops2. I do tend to play with little kids more because they are nice and the stuff they say is hilarious. However, teenagers and some adults are just a no no too rude, perverted and god knows what else lol.
If you had Xbox 360 Black Ops II I'd be your man to play along with.

Any girl who has a problem with me playing Call of Duty or NCAA Football to relax after a hard day at work dealing with PO'd people, then that girl will NOT be my SO. Simple as that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2012, 05:14 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,400,520 times
As long as you don't let it run your life. I play video games from time to time (mostly Wii and PS3) to have fun. I watch cartoon to relieve stress and prefer them over movies (unless animated or cartoon movies).

Old 12-25-2012, 05:52 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,694,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post

Any girl who has a problem with me playing Call of Duty or NCAA Football to relax after a hard day at work dealing with PO'd people, then that girl will NOT be my SO. Simple as that.
My buddy and his fiancee when they moved in together now have two gamecubes two ps2 with copies of the same kind of games zelda, final fantasy and others. In fact she complains they don't play video games together enough. Complete twilight zone to what most folks expect.

Old 12-25-2012, 06:48 PM

681 posts, read 618,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post

Yeah i am starting to see that, I live in an area with very closed minded people so what can you do?

As for the black ops 2, it is cool to play, however, I prefer a system that actually works(ps3)

Old 12-25-2012, 08:05 PM

681 posts, read 618,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Yup I think so. And a Mario one too. I loved Super Mario games. Oh and Paperboy. Skate or Die. Tetris. Dr. Mario. Mortal Kombat. Street Fighter. (you will finish him!).

Super old school games? Pacman, Defender, Asteroid and *******!

But as I got older I started getting into more puzzle games. Never got into the first person shooters. Or Zelda. I liked either martial arts or car racing. I probably should play grand theft auto though.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
wow, those are some old games. Super Mario is ok,but things like galaxy and stuff like that, im not too keen on. I've played the old school ones but what is *******?

oh btw I noticed you mentioned street fighter, i would crush you lol. Mortal Kombat would be anyone's game though.

Old 12-25-2012, 08:19 PM

52,285 posts, read 52,713,798 times
There is an old school game called "Elevator action".... it was stupid, but I still liked it.... I remember when pong came out...

Since we're dusting off the old Vid games.....

Old 12-25-2012, 08:25 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,133,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
There is an old school game called "Elevator action".... it was stupid, but I still liked it.... I remember when pong came out...

Since we're dusting off the old Vid games.....
I was exceptional at Pong. And Centipede, for that matter.

What's Elevator Action?

Old 12-25-2012, 08:41 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandate_of_Heaven View Post
wow, those are some old games. Super Mario is ok,but things like galaxy and stuff like that, im not too keen on. I've played the old school ones but what is *******?

oh btw I noticed you mentioned street fighter, i would crush you lol. Mortal Kombat would be anyone's game though.
Oh the beeped out one was f r o g g e r. I think we need a tourney on street fighter.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:51 AM

17,869 posts, read 21,002,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Oh the beeped out one was f r o g g e r. I think we need a tourney on street fighter.

If I continued to play fighter games like I was doing about 10 years ago with Street Fighter, I'd mow a lot of people over.

Or if we did some SC2 tourney...I could brush up on my Nightmare...

Old 12-26-2012, 09:31 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,452,262 times
My late husband was a gamer. He was addicted to WoW, which I played a few times with him but never really got into. It worked for us as I have time consuming hobbies of my own and this way we both had time to do the things we enjoyed. I spent part of this weekend learning another Blizzard game which I think might be a precursor to WoW.

I'm more of a board game person. I host board game nights about once a month so ideally anyone I date seriously will want to play too. These are more of the party games with the current fave being Cards Against Humanity. I'm starting to get into the strategy games as well; I was recently told by another woman at a board game Meetup she likes me because I'm the only other woman who comes back on a regular basis.

To answer the OP's follow up question, I'll be 39 in three weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships