Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 12:27 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,380,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
I'm going to let you slide today. It's the holiday season after all....
What's inaccurate? Can you imagine if this was a 44-year-old woman posting? The men here would be seizuring.

I had a few friends with dads who were close to my dad's age. The results weren't pretty. My dad was active and healthy and could keep up with me. Their dads could not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 12:31 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,044,020 times
Quote:
And he's only going to be surrounded by women who are late 30's all the way into elderly age who many will be single mothers and/or divorced which is clearly what the OP isn't looking for.

You can go on ones that aren't for old people, good grief.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
What's inaccurate? Can you imagine if this was a 44-year-old woman posting? The men here would be seizuring.

I had a few friends with dads who were close to my dad's age. The results weren't pretty. My dad was active and healthy and could keep up with me. Their dads could not.
I agree with you 100%, I kind of got the full-on "must find mate" vibe from the OP too. His list of requirements is also going to be a tough one to fulfill. Agreed on the age thing, my dad was 40 when I was born and he had a hard time keeping up with me...

Old 12-26-2012, 12:40 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,586,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
You can go on ones that aren't for old people, good grief.

I stand corrected.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
I stand corrected.

Honestly I don't care that much to look into it because a) I'm not going to go on a singles cruise and b) A Disney cruise would be fking awesome, how dare you undermine it.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:56 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,794,522 times
Quote:
I'm going to let you slide today. It's the holiday season after all....
Thanks for that. I think you were trying to take up for me here, and I appreciate it. I'm not desperate and not too old to be a Dad. I stay in shape. My Dad was 42 when my younger brother was born and he was a heavy smoker! He did just fine, though I hated the smoking, but thats another story. He didn't even work out at all (I do). Also, my list isn't extensive. Why would anyone think its extensive? Just because I'd like a woman in her 30's without kids? Thats not extensive. My ex-wife was 7 years younger than I, so I know it can be done.

Kimbo, you suggested a singles cruise. I am thinking about that as well, but I wonder if I'll find the same thing, divorced 40 something year old mothers. Not what I want. Why should I compromise SO much? I can compromise some, actually a good amount, but come on. If I'm going to settle like some over the hill old guy, I might as well not bother.

I look a lot younger and stay fit, so confidence and demographics are the real issue. I'm working on the confidence and can't change the demographics. Maybe I need to get a Russian bride. Just kidding.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:00 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,586,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
Honestly I don't care that much to look into it because a) I'm not going to go on a singles cruise and b) A Disney cruise would be fking awesome, how dare you undermine it.
LOL... I'm just messing with you Kimbo...

Old 12-26-2012, 01:02 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,991 times
Go to the bars and clubs (even if you don't like them) and get practice talking to women.

Stop over-thinking. Get rejected often and become okay with it. Once you are okay with it and perfect your dating skills, find a girlfriend you will.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:11 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,379,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I wouldn't recommend It's Just Lunch if that's what you're using. My friend tried it and hasn't met anyone she would even consider. And it was really expensive.
The only place I've seen that advertised is on airline in-flight magazines. The pictures of the women who "run" the various offices look EXACTLY like that's what they would do for a living. Then, there's a few testimonies claiming success. A few. That means a LOT of bad lunches. It looks flaky.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:13 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,794,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Go to the bars and clubs (even if you don't like them) and get practice talking to women.

Stop over-thinking. Get rejected often and become okay with it. Once you are okay with it and perfect your dating skills, find a girlfriend you will.
Maybe I should have also mentioned I'm an introvert. Bars and clubs don't work at all for me. So being an introvert + confidence issues = single with little chance of finding someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships