Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 11:01 PM

7 posts, read 5,369 times

Advertisements

Im a 24 year old woman. Not open about my sexuality but am attracted to women and men. About 2 months ago a new friend and i realized that we were attracted to eachother. Im super sporty and cute, but not manly or anything. she is a super girly girl and very beautiful. She tells me that she is attracted to the idea me liking her, and the attention behind it. we get to talking late one night and she tells me I turn her on and we start flirting super hard. But at the same time she said we cant be together, because she really likes guys. we both like guys but the connection we had was real. we were hugging alot and trying to touch one another but it stopped after I confronted her about her motifs and what she wanted. on one token she was saying we can only be friends with boundaries never one on one). but we kept breaking those boundaries. she would say we were friends, but then act like we were together when we where alone. In public she would act all like we are both just girly girlys that were close. It was a bit confusing. On one end she would say she wanted to be with me and on the other she wanted a guy. I really care about her alot. We decided to end our friendship bc according to her it was unhealthy for both of us. bte we both are bible school students. We are no longer talking and wont see eachother until after xmas break. What should I make of it all? And is there a possibility we could be friends ever again? and how do i get over her...esp if she starts dating.

Last edited by key1; 12-30-2012 at 11:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 11:04 PM

681 posts, read 618,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by key1 View Post
Im a 24 year old woman. Not open about my sexuality but am attracted to women and men. About 2 months ago a new friend and i realized that we were attracted to eachother. Im super sporty and cute, but not manly or anything. she is a super girly girl and very beautiful. She tells me that she is attracted to the idea me liking her, and the attention behind it. we get to talking late one night and she tells me I turn her on and we start flirting super hard. But at the same time she said we cant be together, because she really likes girls. we both like guys but the connection we had was real. we were hugging alot and trying to touch one another but it stopped after I confronted her about her motifs and what she wanted. on one token she was saying we can only be friends with boundaries never one on one). but we kept breaking those boundaries. she would say we were friends, but then act like we were together when we where alone. In public she would act all like we are both just girly girlys that were close. It was a bit confusing. On one end she would say she wanted to be with me and on the other she wanted a guy. I really care about her alot. We decided to end our friendship bc according to her it was unhealthy for both of us. bte we both are bible school students. We are no longer talking and wont see eachother until after xmas break. What should I make of it all? And isnt there a possibility we could be friends ever again? and how do i get over her...esp if she starts dating.
this is hot haha...

Sorry to hear about what happened. It sounds like you both like guys but feel bad about not being able to be with one another. I mean if the friendship is broken, you could try to text her, but it will be difficult. I think she wanted to but she got scared. On top of that if she can't be with you 100% in public or behin closed doors, do you really want a relationship like that?

Old 12-30-2012, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandate_of_Heaven View Post
this is hot haha...

Sorry to hear about what happened. It sounds like you both like guys but feel bad about not being able to be with one another. I mean if the friendship is broken, you could try to text her, but it will be difficult. I think she wanted to but she got scared. On top of that if she can't be with you 100% in public or behin closed doors, do you really want a relationship like that?
I think you may be right that she was scared...bc i was starting to get really serious with how i felt about her, and that might have been too much for her to handle especially if it conflicted with her perfect picture she was trying to paint to everyone else.

Old 12-30-2012, 11:37 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
You're probably going to get good advice from any lesbians who frequent this forum, as they must have had to deal with this kind of thing a lot at your age. I wouldn't bother listening to anything any straight folks have to say on this matter, though.

Old 12-31-2012, 05:09 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,456,213 times
I'd say move on. She told you she wants to be with a guy. Even if you had a brief relationship, it will end with you being unsatisfied with the outcome.

Doesn't matter if you're gay, straight, or bi. You need to pay attention to what your love interest really wants.

Besides, in your current environment you're asking for trouble. Bible school? Wait till you grow up and live on your own.

Don't push the friendship issue, either. Give her space to deal with social expectations. Sorry, it's not fair, but you're on the way to creating too much DRAMA for yourself and everyone else involved.

Last edited by ellie; 12-31-2012 at 05:20 AM..

Old 12-31-2012, 06:50 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
What is "Bible School?"

It sounds made up.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:57 AM

1,710 posts, read 3,139,630 times
You 2 have feelings, why suppress them and fight it? Get together and have fun...you only live once.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
What is "Bible School?"

It sounds made up.
We are studying at a Bible College....so its not really condoned to date or be with the same sex ya know. That's why I mentioned it.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:44 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
So, you go to a private Christian college but you do not believe in or practice what they are teaching? That makes no sense.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I'd say move on. She told you she wants to be with a guy. Even if you had a brief relationship, it will end with you being unsatisfied with the outcome.

Doesn't matter if you're gay, straight, or bi. You need to pay attention to what your love interest really wants.

Besides, in your current environment you're asking for trouble. Bible school? Wait till you grow up and live on your own.

Don't push the friendship issue, either. Give her space to deal with social expectations. Sorry, it's not fair, but you're on the way to creating too much DRAMA for yourself and everyone else involved.
Thank you. Good advice...it doesn't matter if I want it if she doesn't. Its gonna be hard with the space thing since we work together periodically and are apart a lot of the same circles. How should I treat her when we are in these situations??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships