Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 01:22 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,133,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I'm sure you've dated much, much more than I have, especially in the last 5 years or so.

I can't imagine sticking with a date who asked me how much I made or what my credit score is. I'd probably become extremely straight forward with her and tell her to find a guy who doesn't mind answering these questions on a first date. I'm not sure how I would react if someone said "I googled you, tooncentration, and I'm not that good at concentrating in multiple areas at the same time.
I've gone on a few dates, here and there, but they've never been as painfully dull as what's been described. And finances have certainly not come up (save for when I went out with the over-sharing divorced guy). That sucks the life out of dating, which is supposed to be fun.

My goal has always been to come up with fun, creative, and unique first dates. I can't imagine sitting in a room with someone who pushes food around while idly asking me boring, lame crap. And I can't imagine ever going out with someone who would have the gall to ask me my credit score.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 01:22 PM

127 posts, read 154,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
True....and as it should be.
As far as going dutch, the vast majority of women don't care.

I NEVER ask though. I look at her reaction when check time comes. Some will look at me expectedly. If that's the case and I like them, then I pay. If I don't care for them, then I won't pay for them and I'm very clear about that.

Many times though, they'll just take out money and pay (who am I to stop them?). Some women have even paid for me. I support it.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:30 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,206,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Professionals and students. Definitely no family starters - we're talking 20s here. Generally the conversations went well initially but I feel like I have to do more and more of the talking as time goes on. Most of the conversation from them consists of questions about my work, education, what hobbies I'm doing, how much I travel, whether I like food, do I play an instrument, am I an outdoorsy person...blardy bar. It feels like they're adding or debiting points from my "interesting" index on a mental checklist.
Thus proving that women can be socially inept, too.

I'm a naturally curious person. But there are ways to get to know someone without turning a date into a Q & A session.

Inept: Do you like to travel? Where have you gone? What kind of food do you like to eat?

Adept: This soup reminds me of a bisque I had in New Orleans. I was there for a meeting for work, and we all went out to this place called Tujaques. Some of the best Creole food I've ever had. I need to go back there someday.

With that second one, if he's adept, he'll either talk about great meals he has had, whether he has been to New Orleans and what he thinks of it, travel in general, or maybe even all three: Travel he has done for his work and great restaurants he went to.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Thus proving that women can be socially inept, too.

I'm a naturally curious person. But there are ways to get to know someone without turning a date into a Q & A session.

Inept: Do you like to travel? Where have you gone? What kind of food do you like to eat?

Adept: This soup reminds me of a bisque I had in New Orleans. I was there for a meeting for work, and we all went out to this place called Tujaques. Some of the best Creole food I've ever had. I need to go back there someday.

With that second one, if he's adept, he'll either talk about great meals he has had, whether he has been to New Orleans and what he thinks of it, travel in general, or maybe even all three: Travel he has done for his work and great restaurants he went to.
Both the "inept" and "adept" person would make me fall asleep if I was talking to them.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:34 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,379,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You seem obsessed with the people you call CAPs. Why is that? Do you just hate Cathoic women? Are you a bigot?
I'm Catholic, or was raised and educated as such. CAPs? Bigoted? No. Practical? Yes. They can't be as stiff as a board, and simultaneously have an entitlement problem. They have to do better than that.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoy316 View Post
Both the "inept" and "adept" person would make me fall asleep if I was talking to them.
So what do you like to talk about on dates? Your XBox?

Old 01-05-2013, 01:48 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,160,974 times
Quote:
I hear that's what the kids are calling it these days.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
I hear that's what the kids are calling it these days.
That's why they get their own table.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:53 PM

Quote:
No.

I like to flirt. What's said doesn't actually matter to me as long as the vibe is fun.

Most women feel the same.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoy316 View Post
No.

I like to flirt. What's said doesn't actually matter to me as long as the vibe is fun.

Most women feel the same.
Flirting has its place. But if that's all you're capable of, sorry, but you'd a) strike me as a lech and b) bore me to tears. I like a man who thinks with his big head and can carry on a conversation. Most women feel the same. One-trick ponies get old quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships