Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2013, 03:14 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoy316 View Post
I have many female friends with tons of dating experience that have stated the exact opposite.

Good to know....Far as I can tell there's nothing but game playing and nitpicking going on. When you're 'supposed to do this,' or 'not do that.' They are really quick to ex out the person just like someone said earlier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 03:16 PM

947 posts, read 1,187,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Feel free to be whomever you so desire and date the type of women who will oblige...but do not expect a "lady" to pay for your date.
My lady actually does. We each pay half.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:20 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
I like dating of couse I like to have a vested intrest in who I'm dating/seeing, random dating is boring but that's my opnion I don't like dating just for the sake of dating itself. At the same time IF you ask a womAn out then your going to pay unless you ask her to go dutch, thats IF you have the balls to ask her....

Old 01-05-2013, 03:20 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Well, we have no idea what the percentages are with the gen'l public, re: going dutch. But some women hate feeling "bought" when their dinner is paid for. And we've had our share of men complaining that they have to shell out big $$ for a dinner date, and then they don't get "anything" in return. So what would you do, if you were a woman, and you knew this was the mentality of a lot of guys? You'd either be very selective of whom you accepted a dinner invite from, or you'd pay your own way. Or carry a taser.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:21 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,694,025 times
Dating sucks because many parts of it are just annoying, confusing and pretentious.

Its all don't do this, treat it like this. go into it like this and suppose to do this suppose to do that and a whole bunch of stuff can contradicts itself most of the time.

My issue with it is that there are too many "suppose" to in dating and most of the time folks are just presenting their personal preference as the "rule" on how dating should be and enforce it as law.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:25 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, we have no idea what the percentages are with the gen'l public, re: going dutch. But some women hate feeling "bought" when their dinner is paid for. And we've had our share of men complaining that they have to shell out big $$ for a dinner date, and then they don't get "anything" in return. So what would you do, if you were a woman, and you knew this was the mentality of a lot of guys? You'd either be very selective of whom you accepted a dinner invite from, or you'd pay your own way. Or carry a taser.

For sure and x2 on the taser. Don't taz me bro (in this case sis)

Old 01-05-2013, 04:09 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
I know I'm going to regret asking this, but why?
Have you read the relationships forum?
So glad to be married.
Frankly, dating seems like a series of interviews...I know pretty much within the first hour or so if it's going to go anywhere.
Tiring.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:20 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Frankly, dating seems like a series of interviews...
Best just to have them fill out an application and run a credit / background check before we meet.

I usually make them pay a $40 non refundable dating deposit to cover wine and gas.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:21 PM

127 posts, read 154,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Have you read the relationships forum?
So glad to be married.
Frankly, dating seems like a series of interviews...I know pretty much within the first hour or so if it's going to go anywhere.
Tiring.
The only thing that I'm really confused about in this thread is.....

Why is your name Stan if you're a girl?

Old 01-05-2013, 04:22 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,160,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoy316 View Post
The only thing that I'm really confused about in this thread is.....

Why is your name Stan if you're a girl?
It's short for Stanleyetta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships