Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 06:45 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times

Advertisements

Btw, that awesome first date I had with relationship 4?
All it cost was the cost of a cup of coffee...then we went for a walk at the capitol, then we sat and chatted on a bench, then we went and shot pool...hours and hours and hours.

No big $$$ at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 06:46 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,133,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
HI u r hot wan have seks lel XD XD. <-- Reddit dating.
Who could resist a line like that?

Old 01-06-2013, 09:54 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,467,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Btw, that awesome first date I had with relationship 4?
All it cost was the cost of a cup of coffee...then we went for a walk at the capitol, then we sat and chatted on a bench, then we went and shot pool...hours and hours and hours.

No big $$$ at all.
See, that's sounds similar to the first date I had the other day and it worked well for our first meeting that turned into a four hour date. not more than $5 spent

I'm more concerned with the company that I'm going to be keeping than with the elaborateness of the date. I've been whisked off to all kinds of things including being taking to the airport where the guy wanted to take me up in his plane for an evening ride over the city. first check to see if I have issues with flying in aircraft piloted by who ever the heck you are. So jet skiing, boating, dining out or whatever, won't matter if I don't like the company I'm in.

Keep it simple, no pressure, no expectations other than to get to know bits and pieces about each other and to feel if there's chemistry to be had.

Who the heck am I lying to, back in those dating days, (90's early to mid 2000's) someone would have asked me to coffee, I probably would have laughed. But I mean it these days, hate, hate the idea of going out on a date, rather stay in and watch tv or read a good book. Coffee works best in today's dating arena and for some once you've done it all already.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:59 AM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Keep it simple, no pressure, no expectations other than to get to know bits and pieces about each other and to feel if there's chemistry to be had.
Just goes to show how people overly-complicate things. KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid) is a good rule of thumb.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:44 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inmate347 View Post
It's a lot like fishing. A lot of time, effort, and money with little chance of catching anything prize-winning. Still, a lot of guys seem to enjoy fishing, so I'm sure there are some that like dating.
No it doesn't. Fishing is pretty relaxing actually if you fish just for leisure.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:49 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,379,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inmate347 View Post
It's a lot like fishing. A lot of time, effort, and money with little chance of catching anything prize-winning. Still, a lot of guys seem to enjoy fishing, so I'm sure there are some that like dating.
That's hilarious. I'm picturing a boat instead of a pier. You're reeling in the line. You've got something big on there. As the line gets reeled in more and more, the ominous open mouth of a great white shark is staring you in the face. Like they say, "fish or cut bait." Cut bait! Quick!

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.46574...78587&pid=15.1

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 01-06-2013 at 11:07 AM..

Old 01-06-2013, 11:46 AM

1,098 posts, read 1,866,559 times
Someone told me this once, if someone truly enjoys your company they won't make you feel bad about how much you've spent.

It's actually pretty sound advice if you think about it.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:46 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,206,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Have you met all the guys I've gone out with in the past few years???

I HATE dating. SO much. But, eventually I do want to be in a LTR with someone that I actually like. To get to that point one has to date and that kind of sucks.

Yeah, you have to kiss some frogs to get to your prince.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:19 PM

11,798 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
You are correct. 'What do you do for a living? Do you have kids? What do you do for fun?'. Just a crapload of questions to see you are 'worthy' of the 'job'.

Isn't the whole point of a date to get to know someone, to decide whether or not you want to explore things further? And how do you do that...by asking questions, trying to find common ground or at least something more interesting to talk about.

If you're not having success in the dating world, maybe you need to shift your perspective and realize that getting to know a person has to start somewhere, and it's usually with the basics.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:24 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post

Isn't the whole point of a date to get to know someone, to decide whether or not you want to explore things further? And how do you do that...by asking questions, trying to find common ground or at least something more interesting to talk about.

If you're not having success in the dating world, maybe you need to shift your perspective and realize that getting to know a person has to start somewhere, and it's usually with the basics.
Apparently, asking questions on a date to get to know them is a big no-no
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships