Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 05:50 PM

943 posts, read 3,335,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
You're over him, but yet created this thread. Echoing posts 16 & 17 your friend doesn't owe you squat, especially who she is trying to befriend.
I get the sense by your being upset of not being informed is more about your friend not getting your "permission."
I am over him, this is about out friendship and how I'm beginning to sense a silent competition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 10:56 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,580,504 times
She wants to bang him.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:55 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,570,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMG1 View Post
I am over him, this is about out friendship and how I'm beginning to sense a silent competition.
Competition? You two broke up, he is not contractually obligated to you and neither is she. Now, if they were seeing each other while you two were dating you have a legitimate gripe. Methinks you were probably the dumper and relish the thought he might still have feelings for you. Naturally, that would change should your friend divert his attention.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:29 AM

19,725 posts, read 20,264,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Competition? You two broke up, he is not contractually obligated to you and neither is she.
It's one of those unspoken things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMG1
It's less about him and more about our friendship.
Then instead of going to him 1st, I suggest you put your girl in check.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:01 AM

518 posts, read 1,004,873 times
Your "friend" doesn't owe you any explanations, nor does she have to report to you and tell you whenever she meets up with a guy - even if the guy in question is your EX.

If you're truly over him, then it shouldn't matter to you one iota if she meets up with him, kisses him or does a 69 with him. She didn't tell you about it because she KNEW you'd react this way. If you truly have a good friendship with this woman and it's important to you, then you'd just let this go and let her meet whomever she wants.

Once you BREAK UP with a guy and he becomes your EX, he is thrust back into the availability pool. You don't get to dictate who he meets up with. I also think, as one poster stated, that you're relishing the fact that he "may" still have "feelings" for you and if she becomes a regular part of his life, his attention will be diverted away from you.

I don't think you're really over your ex. Yet.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
It's one of those unspoken things...

Then instead of going to him 1st, I suggest you put your girl in check.

Honestly there's nothing for me to put in check, technically people are free to befriend who they want and she can easily make me seem petty or just deny everything. What I can control and change is my interaction with her, the dynamic of our friendship.

I do wonder if I should bring it up lightly, just to let her know that I'm aware.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apotamkin_Renesmee View Post
Your "friend" doesn't owe you any explanations, nor does she have to report to you and tell you whenever she meets up with a guy - even if the guy in question is your EX.

If you're truly over him, then it shouldn't matter to you one iota if she meets up with him, kisses him or does a 69 with him. She didn't tell you about it because she KNEW you'd react this way. If you truly have a good friendship with this woman and it's important to you, then you'd just let this go and let her meet whomever she wants.

Once you BREAK UP with a guy and he becomes your EX, he is thrust back into the availability pool. You don't get to dictate who he meets up with. I also think, as one poster stated, that you're relishing the fact that he "may" still have "feelings" for you and if she becomes a regular part of his life, his attention will be diverted away from you.

I don't think you're really over your ex. Yet.
You're right, hence my last post.

However, I know that the dynamic of our friendship will change because that is what I CAN control. I am loyal to the end and would never do such a thing to my friends.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:36 AM

518 posts, read 1,004,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMG1 View Post
You're right, hence my last post.

However, I know that the dynamic of our friendship will change because that is what I CAN control. I am loyal to the end and would never do such a thing to my friends.
Um, I don't understand. Why does the "dynamic" of your friendship with this woman have to change? Why do you need to "control" that aspect of this friendship? There's nothing wrong with you making her "aware" that you know she's interested in and seeing your ex. She was NOT disloyal to you by seeing your ex nor was she disloyal to you by not confiding in you about it!

So, are you saying that if your friend had an ex that she was absolutely over and was no longer interested in and you found out that you have things in common with this guy and found out he is interested in meeting up with you for dinner, conversation, sex or whatever - that you would deem him OFF LIMITS forever just because he was once an item with your friend who is NO LONGER INTERESTED IN HIM?? How would that be disloyal?

Am I missing something here?

Old 01-21-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apotamkin_Renesmee View Post
Um, I don't understand. Why does the "dynamic" of your friendship with this woman have to change? Why do you need to "control" that aspect of this friendship? There's nothing wrong with you making her "aware" that you know she's interested in and seeing your ex. She was NOT disloyal to you by seeing your ex nor was she disloyal to you by not confiding in you about it!

So, are you saying that if your friend had an ex that she was absolutely over and was no longer interested in and you found out that you have things in common with this guy and found out he is interested in meeting up with you for dinner, conversation, sex or whatever - that you would deem him OFF LIMITS forever just because he was once an item with your friend who is NO LONGER INTERESTED IN HIM?? How would that be disloyal?

Am I missing something here?
The dynamic of our friendship has to change because I don't get down like that, it's as simple as that. You tell me how the fluck is it ok for a close friend that you have cried to, that you gave details about the relationship to turn around and try to befriend said ex and not even have the courtesy to tell you. There's usually some underlying mess that goes on in most these scenarios and I choose not to partake in that.

And to answer your last question, he would be deemed off limits.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:08 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,140,750 times
Can you really blame your friend though KMG? I would suspect that while you were with your ex you probably spoke highly of him and told friends what a great catch he was, they probably saw it too and once he became available had to see for themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships