Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 08:47 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,663,909 times

Advertisements

Aside from running into each other, is there more to their interactions? Did they make arrangements to hang out? Became FB friends? Start calling or texting each other? Anything else?

I would be p*ssed too but to give her the benefit of the doubt, if they only ran into each other and that's it, she may be keeping it from you to help you move on by not talking about him anymore with you. Like an out of sight out of mind kind of thing (which works).

For sure you should ask her why she didn't tell you though if you're worried.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 08:51 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,221,262 times
Could your BF be creating all this to make you jealous and win you back ?

It's been known to happen.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:11 AM

943 posts, read 3,335,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Aside from running into each other, is there more to their interactions? Did they make arrangements to hang out? Became FB friends? Start calling or texting each other? Anything else?

I would be p*ssed too but to give her the benefit of the doubt, if they only ran into each other and that's it, she may be keeping it from you to help you move on by not talking about him anymore with you. Like an out of sight out of mind kind of thing (which works).

For sure you should ask her why she didn't tell you though if you're worried.
He told me that she requested him on Instagram and FB after they hung out Christmas Eve at a mutual friend's party. I actually noticed all of this when I saw that she was liking his pictures on Instagram. I'm over him and dating other people so she could've told me.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:57 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,876,358 times
Sounds like a case of the frenemies. It also sounds like you aren't quite over the ex.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:39 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,680,731 times
I would end my friendship with someone who did that. Loyalty is very important to me.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:43 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,001,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMG1 View Post
So I found out that my friend was trying to befriend my ex w/o even telling me and I don't understand why. This is one of my closest friends that knew all the details as to what happened between us and why we no longer date. She also never formally met him because she lived out of state when we dated, however she was there when we met about 4 years ago.

The ex and I are friendly now (and I believe that he still has feelings for me) and yesterday we met up for lunch and caught up w/ everything. He confirmed my suspicions and gave me all the details (how they ran into each other several times, last time was Christmas Eve, have had conversations and how they are cool, etc)

Am I crazy for being mad? Also my burning question is why didn't she tell me?
He's your "ex", right?
It's over between you, right?
Is she required to inform you of any other man she may meet?
You broke up with him, it put him back into the "pool" along with all the other men.

Are you having strings still attached to him, beyond that of friendship?

If he's you "ex' it's time for you to let go and move on.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:52 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,203,340 times
Quote:
My anger stems more from the fact that she kept it from me, as if she had something to hide. That fact alone is making me question why she's interested in cultivating a friendship with him even more.
He is your EX. It's none of your business. And whatever they do, it's not behind your back, because you and he aren't dating.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:09 AM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,093,726 times
Had a buddy that got PO'd at me 'cuz I was still friends with his ex-wife.

Haven't heard from him in a year, and I'm still pals with her.

Worked out just fine.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:37 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,570,841 times
Quote:
He told me that she requested him on Instagram and FB after they hung out Christmas Eve at a mutual friend's party. I actually noticed all of this when I saw that she was liking his pictures on Instagram. I'm over him and dating other people so she could've told me.
You're over him, but yet created this thread. Echoing posts 16 & 17 your friend doesn't owe you squat, especially who she is trying to befriend.
I get the sense by your being upset of not being informed is more about your friend not getting your "permission."

Old 01-20-2013, 05:49 PM

943 posts, read 3,335,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
He's your "ex", right?
It's over between you, right?
Is she required to inform you of any other man she may meet?
You broke up with him, it put him back into the "pool" along with all the other men.

Are you having strings still attached to him, beyond that of friendship?

If he's you "ex' it's time for you to let go and move on.
We're cordial and at the moment I'm not interested in him. I'm just questioning her motives, especially since she didn't feel comfortable enough to tell me. It's less about him and more about our friendship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships