Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 11:37 AM

3,925 posts, read 6,839,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy84 View Post
Well, if your period is a couple days late, it is hard not to think of what ifs, if you are someone who is normally quite regular.
I get that. Its understandable. But she worked out a lot and she also had surgery on her abdomen and was on drugs for that. I highly doubt she was very regular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
I freak out personally and never transfer that anxiety to my bf. I dont think he even knows that I have this fear. He has OCD, so he always wears a condom regardless. I dont ever get my period on Implanon so its hard to tell sometimes (without testing) if I am still in the clear.
She would call me two of so days after it was late and basically yell at me saying that I need to be more careful and I am now stuck with a kid. She was sort of crazy. I usually just laughed at her and rolled my eyes. It takes a very understanding person to deal with her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
if you plan on keeping him, tell him to get a vasectomy. I plan on doing so as soon as I have my two kids (one son, one daughter, two years apart).
I could never get that. Nobody is snipping anything of mine. She can get tied or we can use BC the rest of our lives but I am not letting anyone near me with scissors. lol. I mentally can't get over it... Kind of like Lasik... yikes

Old 01-23-2013, 11:42 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,302,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
I could never get that. Nobody is snipping anything of mine. She can get tied or we can use BC the rest of our lives but I am not letting anyone near me with scissors. lol. I mentally can't get over it... Kind of like Lasik... yikes
So you're happy to tell her to take birth control (which has side effects) or get her tubes tied? While you lay back in a lounge chair and sip a cold one? That's a typical male response....

Old 01-23-2013, 11:44 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
So you're happy to tell her to take birth control (which has side effects) or get her tubes tied? While you lay back it a lounge chair and sip a cold one? That's a typical male response....
Seriously. It's okay for her to have to deal with a more invasive surgery or a lifetime of side effects from messing with her hormones because he's afraid of a simple outpatient procedure. That's a dealbreaker right there.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:47 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,059 times
Lol, don't get my wrong. My motivations are selfish behind it (and I don't think I can keep them PG13). Let's put it this way: I'm a fan of nothing coming between us (as long as there is no risk of STD's/committed relationship). There is something very primal about being able to _____ inside of a woman

Old 01-23-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
So you're happy to tell her to take birth control (which has side effects) or get her tubes tied? While you lay back in a lounge chair and sip a cold one? That's a typical male response....
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Seriously. It's okay for her to have to deal with a more invasive surgery or a lifetime of side effects from messing with her hormones because he's afraid of a simple outpatient procedure. That's a dealbreaker right there.
Its a mental thing for me. Its not because I am too lazy or too selfish. I said we would continue to use Birth Control, WHATEVER THAT MAY BE! Why am I now on the chop and block because I don't want to go through with a procedure that is irreversible? Its my body and I can do whatever the hell I want. If any woman ever gave me that ultimatum then she is free to walk.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:49 AM

708 posts, read 878,876 times
Quote:
I can get that a man wouldn't want to have that surgery. I think if you have that attitude though, you leave yourself open for the possibility of accidental pregnancy....only you can decide how you'd handle that.

Using hormonal BC is a less than desirable option, imo, for years on end.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Its a mental thing for me. Its not because I am too lazy or too selfish. I said we would continue to use Birth Control, WHATEVER THAT MAY BE! Why am I now on the chop and block because I don't want to go through with a procedure that is irreversible? Its my body and I can do whatever the hell I want. If any woman ever gave me that ultimatum then she is free to walk.
And what if your SO did not want to be on birth control because of side effects or do surgery to her body? Aren't you giving her an ultimatum?

Old 01-23-2013, 11:50 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post

I wouldn't say it's typical, but it would be a dealbreaker. I don't like men who not only refuse to look after their own reproductive health, but are cavalier with women's in the process. That's just wrong. If you don't want kids, and you know you don't want kids, get snipped. A woman shouldn't have to alter her body because you made a choice about yourself.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy84 View Post
Using hormonal BC is a less than desirable option, imo, for years on end.
Men dont realize the serious side effects/health concern of using birth control to a women's body if taken for an extended period of time. It can cause irreversible damage and changes to their hormone levels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships