Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2013, 12:00 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,898,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Depends, a considerable portion of young women in the modern day do date bad boys or rich guys.

Some women who dated jerks are able to land a husband with no problem while others are not able to get married as easily.
I define rich as a smaller percentage of the population...so no it doesn't make sense that a "considerable" amount of women date them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 12:00 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,718,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post
Well, who makes more money is changing. I see many couples who make similar amounts of money. Amongst younger couples, there is probably a greater percentage than ever before where the woman makes more.

The man automatically making more money may have been the "rule" in my parent's generation...not so much now.
Regardless most women get with men who make more money than they do.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:04 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,898,482 times
Quote:
Regardless most women get with men who make more money than they do.
Are you talking cents per hour, or tens of thousands of dollars per year?

Not sure that I see most women of today getting with someone that substantially more. Sure there are exceptions.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:04 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Quote:
Liar and I call BS.

If the men weren't wealthy, you can't tell me that most of your female friends made more money then their men.

Most women who get with men get with men who make MORE MONEY than they do unless the women is just plain ugly.

Super ugly women aren't able to attract very wealthy men or men who make considerably more than they do.

Despite how independent you women like to call yourselves, in most relationships men make more money.

Most decent looking women wouldn't be caught dead with a guy who made less money than they did.
So cute when you're grumpy.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:05 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,812,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Still makes me wonder what types of "beautiful" women you attract and are attracted to.

And you may be simple enough to only be in it for a pretty face, but there's more to it for other men.
Sometimes I think part of the problem is that some men don't even really know what a beautiful woman is. Case in point:

How to trick people into thinking you're good looking - YouTube

A lot of the "hot chicks" in the club are just normal girls who work hard at attracting attention. She's the same girl they'd walk right by if she had on sweatpants and no makeup. So they go to the club, see the dressed up version of her walking off with a certain type of guy, and come to the conclusion the "hot chicks" only want certain things. Meanwhile, the women who are not into that kind of thing are walking around normal, and looking for a normal guy, and doing normal things. But they really look the same as the "hot" girls. They only see Ms. Normal as "hot" if she happens to be the kind of chick that looks good in sweatpants. LOL

Old 02-01-2013, 01:07 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,390,974 times
Generally speaking, women with ow self-esteem and low inteligence seek out bad boys. Bad boys are lousy men, lousy parents and lousy husbands. What's to like? Serious question!

I've almost never known a woman who liked themselves, was attractive and educated who sought out bad boys.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:16 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
A lot of the "hot chicks" in the club are just normal girls who work hard at attracting attention. She's the same girl they'd walk right by if she had on sweatpants and no makeup. So they go to the club, see the dressed up version of her walking off with a certain type of guy, and come to the conclusion the "hot chicks" only want certain things. Meanwhile, the women who are not into that kind of thing are walking around normal, and looking for a normal guy, and doing normal things. But they really look the same as the "hot" girls. They only see Ms. Normal as "hot" if she happens to be the kind of chick that looks good in sweatpants. LOL
This makes so much sense!

Old 02-01-2013, 01:22 PM

11 posts, read 28,131 times
To the OP: some girls like bad guys, some girls like good guys. I am definitely attracted to the guys that are good, not bad. Don't see how dating a bad guy is healthy for one's sanity.

As for the comments about women going for men with more money. There are a few reasons for that. As a rule, men still earn more money just because they are men. Women earn about 80 cents per 1 dollar that men make. Second, I think every girl wants to find a guy who is caring, charming, rich, handsome, and everything else awesome. She'd be pretty dumb to want a dumb, poor, lazy, ugly guy. It's the same way for guys - they look for a hot, caring, beautiful girl, not for an ugly fat b***h. Just how things work.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:55 PM

198 posts, read 444,752 times
Women lust after bad boys. It's what makes them tingle.

If you're a respectable man with a career, no woman - other than a single Mom who wants a father for her kid - is going to want you, even if you're 6'2" and look like Brad Pitt. Modern girls don't want "boring". They want that silly excitement that they feel like they're entitled to from shows like Sex and the City. That's why you have to learn game. You can maintain your upper middle class lifestyle whilst making yourself more exciting to the ladies seeking the bad boys, without risking prison, squalor, drug overdoses, etc. like the true bad boys.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:30 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locutus of Board View Post
Women lust after bad boys. It's what makes them tingle.

If you're a respectable man with a career, no woman - other than a single Mom who wants a father for her kid - is going to want you, even if you're 6'2" and look like Brad Pitt. Modern girls don't want "boring". They want that silly excitement that they feel like they're entitled to from shows like Sex and the City. That's why you have to learn game. You can maintain your upper middle class lifestyle whilst making yourself more exciting to the ladies seeking the bad boys, without risking prison, squalor, drug overdoses, etc. like the true bad boys.
This is so delusional. News flash: not all women think alike! Unbelievable to some, but true! One reason women go for shy guys is that they're "respectable", stable, reliable, and smart. Women even go for average-looking shy guys, and I'm talking about women college students and college grads in their 20's. Women know a good thing when they see it, and they'll go for it. The women who go for bad boys are either women who have been raised in an overly-sheltered environment, and/or women who have been raised in an abusive environment, who become habituated to abuse. And even some of the latter are wise enough to know they want to get out of the abuse cycle and get with someone supportive and loving.

Major reality check due here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships