Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2013, 07:17 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,831,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
That's okay...reading it back, it certainly does sound like I'm a kid waiting for the last day of school
I LOVE my job but I need a mental (and physical) break!
Yeah I've always felt that teachers are the least appreciated professionals that should deserve the most appreciation, if that even makes sense. I hope the end of the school year goes well for you.

Old 05-07-2013, 07:21 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Yeah I've always felt that teachers are the least appreciated professionals that should deserve the most appreciation, if that even makes sense. I hope the end of the school year goes well for you.
Awww thanks! It's teacher appreciation week and the parents/kids have been awesome!

Old 05-07-2013, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Awww thanks! It's teacher appreciation week and the parents/kids have been awesome!
Glad to hear! How long have you been teaching?

Old 05-07-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Glad to hear! How long have you been teaching?
I just went back this year after a long hiatus. My contract is up in June though. There are a few positions open in my school but I have to wait out the non-terminating contract teachers. If they all have positions by the end of the school year then I will likely have a job. If not I go back to being a contract long-term sub.

Old 05-07-2013, 07:31 PM

Gotcha. well I'm off to bed! Have a good night Sixy.

Old 05-07-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Gotcha. well I'm off to bed! Have a good night Sixy.
you too!

Old 05-08-2013, 01:38 PM

1 posts, read 528 times
Question My family vs. Girlfriend

I need a sanity check pls.

Girlfriend says she should ALWAYS be first before my family (Mom, Dad) and my little girl. They were all there first and I don't remember my previous wife having any issues with respecting my good relationship with my parents and certainly never came between our daughter.

This women I have been dating has a poor relationship with her parents, never had kids;therefor cant seem to relate to supporting me as a father and a loving son. She constantly demands she is first above all and throws herself at me with constant (me..me..me...me..I...I...I...I need/demand) comments.

I am on the edge of letting her go because she seems so selfish to me. My friends and family all dislike her for many reasons, but I care about her and I have held on 2 1/2 years. I am at a breaking point now and ready to either move on and find a women that cares about children and respects my good relationship with my parents.

Most recent scenario:
She and I agree to visit my parents Mothers Day weekend (they live 4 hours away, so its a full weekend event) and I notify my Parents of our intentions.

Mom requests that we wait until the following weekend because I will have my daughter and all come together. I say no problem and update GF. GF blows a gasket and yells at me for not checking with her first before changing the plans.

Several days later my Mom calls to say their favorite puppy died, and they need to put one of the horses down because if major illness. She also asks that I help them with some around the house projects (they are getting up there in age and need my help these days). I update my GF of the situation and she blows a gasket again because my parents need my help during the visit and I will not be able to give HER my full attention.

I just don't get it. Is she being unfair and selfish or am I?

Old 05-08-2013, 02:52 PM

5 posts, read 4,465 times
sounds like she needs to much attention. This usually happens with women who don't have enough going on individually in their lives so they center their world around the man in their lives and she expects you to do the same. Your not being selfish or unfair but you do need to understand the type of women you are with and think if that's the kind of women you are with. Let me know if I'm wrong about her but usually these women have no personal long term goals besides finding a husband, and usually don't spend a very long time single if ever. me personally I despise women like this and would break up with her but that just me

Old 05-08-2013, 05:27 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,105,782 times
igive: You wrote, "I have held on 2 1/2 years." Having "held on" implies more like "grasping to desperately keep it together." It doesn't sound like you are even enjoying your time with her.

Old 05-08-2013, 05:46 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
igive: You wrote, "I have held on 2 1/2 years." Having "held on" implies more like "grasping to desperately keep it together." It doesn't sound like you are even enjoying your time with her.
That's pretty obvious in the sentence that followed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships