Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2013, 09:35 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,723,379 times

Advertisements

I always find it semi-amusing watching younger girls/women in how they dress. The awkward overly-sexual or showing too much skin.... they haven't figured out they gonna attract the wrong attention from too many guys... and most of the times not the ones they are trying to attract.

Amusing, yet sad at the same time.

Oh well, such is life.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:43 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,658,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Did you read my thread that got locked the other day?
I'm pretty vanilla and I have detractors and have had posts deleted in my local forum...you can't please all the people....etc...chin-up I like you!!!

Old 03-01-2013, 11:24 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,013,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I don't think men/husbands are that complicated ^...he didn't feel like stopping for the M&M's ...in man speak he really meant it wasn't like you needed them to live...I don't think he was giving you a jab...but you know him best!!!
Nah, happens all the time and it doesn't matter what he meant. Any man who has been in a long term relationship for any length of time would know that saying no in combination with that response isn't going to go over well and in fact it did not go over well, Sixy said she was "annoyed". This isn't a secret as I would have know it, Chow would have know it, SD would have known it, as I said any man who has been in a long term relationship would have known it. Woman 101. There is more. Not only would a man know that the refusal/remark comment would not go over well he would know that he was risking kicking in the cold shoulder butterfly effect. Thats where that one little thing taints further conversations, a ripple effect, that could effect your life for days. All for a bag of M&Ms? Uhuh. A man is just going to go and get them or failing that say no in a way that doesn't just about guarantee an unfavorable response. Path of least resistance, saves time.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:07 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,108,191 times
All of that over M&Ms?? If someone (my man, my daughter, a friend) asked me to stop and pick up something for them, I would. The only times that I wouldn't is if I had an extremely trying day, I wasn't feeling well, weather was awful, or I didn't have time. I would do it to make someone happy, and I'd like the same done for me. A person can get M&Ms at a gas station, so there isn't much effort to run in and buy them. And because someone didn't want to get M&Ms it turned into a thing. Hmmm

Old 03-01-2013, 01:14 PM

I have a husband who would just about stand on his head to keep me happy...but does that mean in my almost 30yrs of marriage he has given me my every request?...of course not! How many of these guys on here saying " just give the wife what she wants" are on their second or third marriages? I guess they weren't always so concerned with keeping the wife happy!! IMHO!

Old 03-01-2013, 01:21 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
Marriages fail for various reason. It usually takes two people to make a relationship work or one to gut it out. Furthermore, those who have had failed relationships know what doesn't work and if they are at it again, might have a healthy reasonable idea of what works.

There comes a point where a partners decisions and actions and selfishness make the other utterly miserable.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Marriages fail for various reason. It usually takes two people to make a relationship work or one to gut it out. Furthermore, those who have had failed relationships know what doesn't work and if they are at it again, might have a healthy reasonable idea of what works.

There comes a point where a partners decisions and actions and selfishness make the other utterly miserable.
Agree...but you would also have to agree that someone in an almost 30yr relationship would have something to offer on this topic?...wait forget that...we never agree!

Old 03-01-2013, 02:20 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,013,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I have a husband who would just about stand on his head to keep me happy...but does that mean in my almost 30yrs of marriage he has given me my every request?...of course not! How many of these guys on here saying " just give the wife what she wants" are on their second or third marriages? I guess they weren't always so concerned with keeping the wife happy!! IMHO!
lol You are just agreeing with me but you don't know it. Your husband most likely goes and gets that stuff for the very reasons I told you. Shockingly enough men generally don't like going to the store for random stuff and loving someone or not has nothing to do with that fact. They can worship the ground you walk on and still not like going to the store for random stuff. They do it because otherwise, and again because some of you seem to not get it, I'M SPEAKING IN GENERAL, it can precipitate the cold shoulder treatment and is nearly certain to do so if that denial is couched in terms that for all practical purposes guarantees it. Every man knows this, it is not some secret know only to a few. Its the way it is, its why you just read nearly every guy say, "why didn't he just go get them?" because they all know... You go get whatever the hell it is or you say so no in a way that isn't begging for trouble. Its how its done.

So to reiterate. I WAS SPEAKING IN GENERAL. I wasn't even discussing the Sixy M&M situation, it was only an example and my post wasn't aimed at Sixy specifically. It could have been M&Ms or any other object any woman has decided she needs/wants. Nor do I think that this applies to every man, woman, and the getting of random crap. It is however generally true and as I said something that every man who has been in a long term relationship knows because most women do it to at least some extent.

lol All you really need to know is at a fundamental level your man made that random crap run because he loves you. If he didn't he wouldn't go through the whole random crap charade, he would just ask you what made you think your legs were broke and then tell you to go get it yourself.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:22 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
lol You are just agreeing with me but you don't know it. Your husband most likely goes and gets that stuff for the very reasons I told you. Shockingly enough men generally don't like going to the store for random stuff and loving someone or not has nothing to do with that fact. They can worship the ground you walk on and still not like going to the store for random stuff. They do it because otherwise, and again because some of you seem to not get it, I'M SPEAKING IN GENERAL, it can precipitate the cold shoulder treatment and is nearly certain to do so if that denial is couched in terms that for all practical purposes guarantees it. Every man knows this, it is not some secret know only to a few. Its the way it is, its why you just read nearly every guy say, "why didn't he just go get them?" because they all know... You go get whatever the hell it is or you say so no in a way that isn't begging for trouble. Its how its done.

So to reiterate. I WAS SPEAKING IN GENERAL. I wasn't even discussing the Sixy M&M situation, it was only an example and my post wasn't aimed at Sixy specifically. It could have been M&Ms or any other object any woman has decided she needs/wants. Nor do I think that this applies to every man, woman, and the getting of random crap. It is however generally true and as I said something that every man who has been in a long term relationship knows because most women do it to at least some extent.

lol All you really need to know is at a fundamental level your man made that random crap run because he loves you. If he didn't he wouldn't go through the whole random crap charade, he would just ask you what made you think your legs were broke and then tell you to go get it yourself.

By the same token, I don't care to be waited on. I don't mind waiting on my wife.

The other thing that can happen in long term marriages, it might be dead, however no one wants pull the pin. It could be be many factors, but that is a case where the couple are simply roommates.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:16 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,078,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
All of that over M&Ms?? If someone (my man, my daughter, a friend) asked me to stop and pick up something for them, I would. The only times that I wouldn't is if I had an extremely trying day, I wasn't feeling well, weather was awful, or I didn't have time. I would do it to make someone happy, and I'd like the same done for me. A person can get M&Ms at a gas station, so there isn't much effort to run in and buy them. And because someone didn't want to get M&Ms it turned into a thing. Hmmm
Yes...all of that. I asked him to pick up m&m's while he was out...he said no because he thought they were for me to eat and he didn't feel I needed m&m's.

I was annoyed about his attitude over my request and his assumption that I wanted to gorge myself on a bag of m&m's when they weren't even for me to eat.

So, instead of waiting up for him to hear about his game I decided not to be all too accomodating and I planned to head to bed.

And yes, it turned into a "thing" because it meant I had to leave earlier the following morning so I could pick them up on the way to work. I already get the kids up and ready for school. I drop two kids off at school on the way to work and the younger two come with me. Before and after school have enough interrputions. It just would have been nice if he could have stopped and got the stupid m&m's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships