Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 09:08 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times

Advertisements

The first is an assumption, sure, but I'm going to put it to you that I believe that most heterosexual men with a 'normal' sex drive would probably not turn down an average (average as in average) woman - or rather her body - for sex, in a world where sex was guilt-free and freely available and totally detached from relationships and other measures.

My question is, would you say the opposite is untrue or true? Give reasons. From what I've read/heard.etc it seems the opposite doesn't seem true. Like I said in a previous post, few women these days seem like big fans of the male gender as a whole, just a select few. The average male body is not seen as sexy, whereas a woman who just doesn't eat much can be sexy. Women fawn over men with exceptional physiques yet many say average men just having boring bodies. They tend to woo them through non-physical means. How often are men with average or thinner or slightly chubbier body types held up as being sexy innately, and not as some corny representation of domination/power?

This, of course, is ignoring the elephant in the room which is the idea that women supposedly care less about looks than men. If this is the case, then an average male body should be acceptable as long as he fits her other criteria - confidence, strength.etc. It gets complicated when the appearance of strength is a physical attribute.

Old 02-24-2013, 09:16 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,010 times
I am more attracted to your average joe than a more physically attractive man. I've did the whole boby builders gf he was gorgeous and I hated it the time spend apart while he worked out was just ridiculous we could only go out for dinner at certain times as he had to diet! If I ate something that wasn't particularly "healthy" he would comment on it! Looks count for very little in my opinion I now find myself more attracted to a normal man or average joe as many would say. A emotional connection is far more important than physical for me

Old 02-24-2013, 09:17 AM

1,288 posts, read 2,924,209 times
Do you think the aveage woman is attacted to a guy who's chubby/fat, but also seem strong like this one:

Old 02-24-2013, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timing2012 View Post
Do you think the aveage woman is attacted to a guy who's chubby/fat, but also seem strong like this one:
Many will be but I wouldn't, I would like my potential partner to be healthy I don't want to worry about him having health problems and possibly taking a heart attack due to him being over weight.

Old 02-24-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timing2012 View Post
Yeah it's hard to imagine how anybody could find a guy like that physically attractive. I guess that's why I'm suspicious of people with severely unattractive partners.

Old 02-24-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Yeah it's hard to imagine how anybody could find a guy like that physically attractive. I guess that's why I'm suspicious of people with severely unattractive partners.
Why ? Just because you don't think their partner is attractive doesn't mean they don't does it ?

Old 02-24-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
Why ? Just because you don't think their partner is attractive doesn't mean they don't does it ?
I mean I'm sure it's possible, but I'm talking the real extremes. You just get the feeling that they love them in SPITE of their body, not because of it, and they just say they like it to not hurt their feelings.

Old 02-24-2013, 09:26 AM

1,288 posts, read 2,924,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
Many will be but I wouldn't, I would like my potential partner to be healthy I don't want to worry about him having health problems and possibly taking a heart attack due to him being over weight.
What about someone less obese, like this:

Old 02-24-2013, 09:27 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,964,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
If men are physically attracted to the average female body,
are women attracted to the average male body?
If? Men are physically attracted to the average 19-30 year old female body.

Most women (who are attracted by/to the male body) have a similar outlook.
The other 98% of women seem to prefer their cats.

Did you have some actual point?

Old 02-24-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
If? Men are physically attracted to the average 19-30 year old female body.

Most women (who are attracted by/to the male body) have a similar outlook.
The other 98% of women seem to prefer their cats.

Did you have some actual point?
My point is that only a certain body type is considered sexy for men.

While it's true a certain ideal is held up for females, there are women who range from curvy to pretty slim who are considered sexy, and many men as a whole seem to have broader tastes and appreciate the female body INNATELY, for it's innate value, not what it can do for him...okay, maybe what it can do for him in terms of sexual pleasure too haha.

If some women find skinny guys sexy, you certainly wouldn't know it from the media.

I guess you could say the same about chubbier girls, so it does even out a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.