Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 02:41 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,386,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Agreed, I also live in MD. Suburb between DC and Baltimore. Most of the people I know are concerned with advancing their education and carriers, not getting married or having babies. My friends range from 24-29 and no one I know is married or living with a bf/gf. Coworkers are the same way. Only 30+ are in LTR's.
Yes, 20-somethings in DC and Bmore spend their time working on careers, education and having fun. And there are plenty of young people around. While there are a few that settle down, they are in the minority. People don't really start worrying about all that til 30. And that is the way I thought it should be.

I was actually in a long-term relationship in my early 20s but I didn't even want to live with him then. I wanted my own place and some life experience first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2013, 02:44 PM

442 posts, read 800,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
I'll never find anyone. I'm 24 and I'm at the age where everyone is taken, and those who are interested are just looking for something on the side. I'm always meeting people who are like 25/26 and have been in relationships for 10 years that started in high school. It seems that I will never be a girlfriend or anything important to a man. Ever. I'll forever just be a side piece. I missed the window of opportunity to fall in love and meet someone years ago.
Correct.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:52 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,690,100 times
you didn't get the memo? It's pretty much common knowledge that if you haven't found your soulmate by age 11, you'll spend the rest of your days a lonely spinster. Once you hit stage 3 matriarch, you'll get to chose a skill/lifestyle, so there's a bright spot I suppose. Since you clearly are out of the loop, and I'm guessing most of that has to do with how bad the education system is on the Sun (and to think we complain about it here in the US on good ole earth, take a good trip to the Sun if you want to see a broken education system). You still have 6 years before you can choose your path, but it sounds like you have lots of free time being a lonely woman who's only activities are swimming in the pity pool.
-path 1 - crazy cat lady
-path 2 - sltty biker chic
-path 3 - beer wench on a Somalian pirate ship (limited openings, may not be available when you are eligible)
-path 4 - Wal-Mart greeter

Old 03-15-2013, 03:02 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,998,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Agreed, I also live in MD. Suburb between DC and Baltimore. Most of the people I know are concerned with advancing their education and carriers, not getting married or having babies. My friends range from 24-29 and no one I know is married or living with a bf/gf. Coworkers are the same way. Only 30+ are in LTR's.
I think it just has to do with our circles. I have friends who have been with their mate since they were 15. Some are already married at 20.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:19 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,922,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
I think it just has to do with our circles. I have friends who have been with their mate since they were 15. Some are already married at 20.
What circles are you in? I knew a few people who were married at 20, but I lived in a small-ish town in the South. I've found this to be completely unheard of in the Upper Midwest, Northeast, and on the West Coast, particularly in cities.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:22 PM

31 posts, read 86,268 times
Are you kidding? I'm 30, single and male and cant wait to find a girl to marry! Where is she??

Old 03-15-2013, 03:24 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,998,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
What circles are you in? I knew a few people who were married at 20, but I lived in a small-ish town in the South. I've found this to be completely unheard of in the Upper Midwest, Northeast, and on the West Coast, particularly in cities.
I guess the ones that found their special someone early. LOL idk. BUt they're really in love.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:34 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,375,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
I'll never find anyone. I'm 24 and I'm at the age where everyone is taken, and those who are interested are just looking for something on the side. I'm always meeting people who are like 25/26 and have been in relationships for 10 years that started in high school. It seems that I will never be a girlfriend or anything important to a man. Ever. I'll forever just be a side piece. I missed the window of opportunity to fall in love and meet someone years ago.
This only applies if you let yourself be that. There are plenty of people your age who are single. You are just going the wrong way about it...

Old 03-15-2013, 03:40 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,304,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
Yikes!

Old 03-15-2013, 03:52 PM

521 posts, read 763,205 times
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. If there is a guy I really like chances are he has a girlfriend, or he doesn't like me enough to want to date me. It happens over and over and over again. I'm attracted to a type that doesn't want me. How do I break this cycle??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships