Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 05:21 PM

968 posts, read 1,138,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susannah Noll View Post
dont worry by the time youre my age (28) half of them are already divorced
Or older then that and NEVER married. Some have been single for years and years.

Let the guy be a guy and you'll do fine. Your first foot in the door is realizing men are men, Let them be one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2013, 05:24 PM

128 posts, read 177,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
I'll never find anyone. I'm 24 and I'm at the age where everyone is taken, and those who are interested are just looking for something on the side. I'm always meeting people who are like 25/26 and have been in relationships for 10 years that started in high school. It seems that I will never be a girlfriend or anything important to a man. Ever. I'll forever just be a side piece. I missed the window of opportunity to fall in love and meet someone years ago.
With that attitude, you're right.

Old 03-15-2013, 05:28 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,738,038 times
Quote:
I'll never find anyone. I'm 24 and I'm at the age where everyone is taken, and those who are interested are just looking for something on the side. I'm always meeting people who are like 25/26 and have been in relationships for 10 years that started in high school. It seems that I will never be a girlfriend or anything important to a man. Ever. I'll forever just be a side piece. I missed the window of opportunity to fall in love and meet someone years ago.

I do not think you are out of the 'window of opportunity.' When you get into your 30s is when men start talking about your market value being worthless.

You are in your 20s so it's strike now or else you will be subject to the above. About that side piece buisness, that's a conscious choice. You say "never be a girlfriend or something important to a man" as if that is going to really mean something overall.

Old 03-15-2013, 05:55 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,484,689 times
Quote:
Do you happen to live in a small town?

I ask because I live in Chicago and here, to be 25 or 26 and still dating someone you met in high school is almost unheard of. I don't think I've ever met a 25 year old who has been in a 10-year relationship.

One of the reasons people leave small towns is because they want options. If you do live in a small town, I'd begin planning your escape...

Old 03-15-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Do you happen to live in a small town?

I ask because I live in Chicago and here, to be 25 or 26 and still dating someone you met in high school is almost unheard of. I don't think I've ever met a 25 year old who has been in a 10-year relationship.

One of the reasons people leave small towns is because they want options. If you do live in a small town, I'd begin planning your escape...
That would be changing herself......if so I doubt those big city boyz are her type anyway going by her profile.

Pretty.....PrEtTy boyz......

Old 03-15-2013, 07:51 PM

521 posts, read 763,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I do not think you are out of the 'window of opportunity.' When you get into your 30s is when men start talking about your market value being worthless.

You are in your 20s so it's strike now or else you will be subject to the above. About that side piece buisness, that's a conscious choice. You say "never be a girlfriend or something important to a man" as if that is going to really mean something overall.
Most of my peers are already in serious relationships. And for the life of me, I can never meet a guy who wants something serious with me. They always just want a bootycall. Its very discouraging right now at the moment. In a strange way, I am warming up to the idea of being a guy's sidepiece, just as long as he sees me regularly and makes me happy I'd be fine with such an arrangement

Old 03-15-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Most of my peers are already in serious relationships. And for the life of me, I can never meet a guy who wants something serious with me. They always just want a bootycall. Its very discouraging right now at the moment. In a strange way, I am warming up to the idea of being a guy's sidepiece, just as long as he sees me regularly and makes me happy I'd be fine with such an arrangement
Don't waste your time dear. There's plenty of us single guys out there. Truth be told, they don't deserve you or the person they are with. I'd bounce 'em out on their ass.

Old 03-15-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2RLK45 View Post
Don't waste your time dear. There's plenty of us single guys out there. Truth be told, they don't deserve you or the person they are with. I'd bounce 'em out on their ass.
there are no quality single guys out there. most of the good ones are in relationships and then the rest are just looking for something out the side. I'm really look at possibly sharing a man right now cause its very hard to find a guy who will just committ to me. it rarely happens, i'm always the bootycall

Old 03-15-2013, 08:09 PM

Quote:
there are no quality single guys out there. most of the good ones are in relationships and then the rest are just looking for something out the side. I'm really look at possibly sharing a man right now cause its very hard to find a guy who will just committ to me. it rarely happens, i'm always the bootycall
Haha.... I don't believe that in a 5/1 single men area. I have friends in their 30's who have never been on a date in their life. Not ugly homely guys either. Big strong good guys who would make a good catch.

Old 03-15-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2RLK45 View Post
Haha.... I don't believe that in a 5/1 single men area. I have friends in their 30's who have never been on a date in their life. Not ugly homely guys either. Big strong good guys who would make a good catch.
so what? obviously these good catches are not looking to date me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships