Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2013, 02:30 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,233,893 times

Advertisements

Only guys that mentally never left high school would think a woman is easy because she wants sex. If you both want it why does that make HER easy.

How ever withholding it when either one of you want it is a recipie for disaster as the entire point of dating is to form a romantic relationship otherwise we would just go hang out with friends or family.

I think the real issue is people who are dating 7 other people and are on a high from all the attention and cant make up their mind, they have members of the opposite sex eating out of their hand and they are exploiting it. I agree thoes people are not at all fun to date, I really like dating someone who is a little bit desperate as things are usually alot more straight forward, there are no games because the game is designed to accomodate people that are trying to juggle 6 other people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 03:45 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,692,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
I see what yo did there!

You took opinions from two different types of people, made itt sound as if the same people have that rock and a hard place attitude to justify your giving up!

You built your own straw-prison....nice!
...But since you are so down and easily quit things when they get tough....perhaps it's best you take yourself out of the game.
BS. This is a VERY common attitude in this society and you know it. I think you're lying if you say that it has never crossed your mind.

Sidenote: I am rather shocked and disgusted at the number of people who don't bother with regular STD testing. Having sex on the first/second/third date is foolish. Even Nevada brothel prostitutes get tested for STDs for frequently. I hope you people are using condoms and some other form of birth control.

Old 07-02-2013, 03:51 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,068,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogluvr2013 View Post
Please explain.
I'm with u dogluvr2013, you don't just jump into bed with someone you don't know.

Old 07-02-2013, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
When a guy dates a big part of that is he wants sex, most men are not willing to experience 6 months of sexual frustration for YOU to feel things out (at which point he may not even get a consolation prize at the end and will have to go through another 6 months with the next woman (pursuming all women did this), thats an untennible situation that leads to substance abuse and a whole host of other problems. Cyborgt is correct in that the only men that do this are ones that litterally have no other options and are extremely desperate. There is no white knight man that has a little switch on his back that you can turn on for on demand sex drive once you have spend eons vetting him out.

Men wont put their sex drive on hold unless they have no other choice or they are low T.
Since it's dating, can't they just as easily if they really like you continue to date you and someone "easier" until they get you?

Old 07-02-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
It works great for me. Weeds out a lot of guys I don't want to date.
And I agree with this. Glad to see I was right, someone (cyborg?) stated they are tapping other options. I don't have a problem with that. Dating is dating, exclusive is something else.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:01 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,233,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
Since it's dating, can't they just as easily if they really like you continue to date you and someone "easier" until they get you?
Sure but why would I keep dating the first person if someone else is giving me what I want?

Old 07-02-2013, 04:03 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,813,270 times
Quote:
I am surprised at the small number of dates most people have said on here. It seems most people say 5 or less. If you see someone twice a week, that's just 2 and a half weeks of knowing the person. Seems short. I have never counted the number of dates, but it's a lot more for me. Most times, I stopped counting the number of dates. Usually somewhere between 3 and 6 months....so maybe 30 dates? Wow, I think I'm a prude...
I think it makes you smart. I'm one of the ones who said 4th date on this last one and I wish I had waited longer. (though in fact it was a month b/c we lived apart and talked on the phone every night so not sure how to count that.)

I've come to the conclusion that it's smart to wait, not b/c he'll think you're a sl*t, but b/c you need more time to evaluate if you want to be with him, b/c let's face it, once we've slept with them we've made some investment in this man and we're more likely to overlook some things that would have chased us off otherwise. At least that's how it was with me. Oh yeah, and we're also less likely to listen to that little voice that says that something is wrong here--you know, the one that doesn't have any evidence but still it knows what it knows.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:11 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,647,275 times
Quote:
Sure but why would I keep dating the first person if someone else is giving me what I want?
If you view relationships in such a selfish manner (what YOU get out of it and discounting the other person) then the 'first' person in your analogy is obviously dodging a bullet if you move on.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:14 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,487,386 times
I guess since most people have friends similar to themselves the world for them is pretty limited and small.

Other people see unlimited possibilities though.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:14 PM

523 posts, read 840,790 times
Quote:
You may get sex from an easy woman, but it doesn't mean that the person is who you want to be with long term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships