Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 11:41 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,160,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GINGERSNAP1963 View Post
That's a wonderfully practical view and one that I do respect however, you're going to cheat the world out of an army of little ducklings....
I'll just do what everybody else in the BA does and get a dog ^^, more dogs in this city than kids, it's just smarter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 07:16 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,515,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
I'll just do what everybody else in the BA does and get a dog ^^, more dogs in this city than kids, it's just smarter.
Yeah, I have stepchildren so I never had my own per say, though I love my stepchildren as if they were my own. No little gingers running around. One of my stepsons has a red-headed friend who is so adorable and I sometimes look at him and wonder what my son would have looked like if I had one or two or three or four. When I was your age I wanted 8 kids. I know crazy but I wanted lots of little rug rats running around. Didn't end up being the cards though.

My dogs are my children as well. They're perfect for me because they don't grow up and run off to college. My dogs are forever my little babies!!! Well, ok not forever, but at least for 15 to 20 years. Hint: big dogs are awesome but little dogs typically live a lot longer.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:24 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VX5650 View Post
I know a guy that just got married at 70, so....
Haha.....wisearse.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:33 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
Quote:
I'm gonna put up an ad that says "Must hate dogs and cats". Just for fun.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:46 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
a divorce :d
:d

Old 04-20-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I'm gonna put up an ad that says "Must hate dogs and cats". Just for fun.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:48 PM

247 posts, read 354,509 times
Nope, I look too Black

Old 04-20-2013, 01:00 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
I made the mistake of browsing facebook last night because I couldn't sleep.

Turns out, all the 'mean girls' who made my life hell in high school are happily married with kids. The ones who slept around, the ones who had kids in high school, the druggies etc. One had just announced her engagement and she was absolutely HORRID throughout high school and afterwards..made her poor Mother's life a living hell while she was dealing with cancer. But hey, THEY all got married!

I just don't get it.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I made the mistake of browsing facebook last night because I couldn't sleep.

Turns out, all the 'mean girls' who made my life hell in high school are happily married with kids. The ones who slept around, the ones who had kids in high school, the druggies etc. One had just announced her engagement and she was absolutely HORRID throughout high school and afterwards..made her poor Mother's life a living hell while she was dealing with cancer. But hey, THEY all got married!

I just don't get it.
Would you really want to be married to any of the guys they married though? Just because a couple looks happily married doesn't mean they are. Facebook is really good at misleading you about these kind of things, it creates the illusion that everyone is living these amazing lives filled with travels in exotic locales and promotions, but when their lives are ****ty they're probably not going to plaster their walls with all the bad stuff that just happened to them.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:23 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Would you really want to be married to any of the guys they married though? Just because a couple looks happily married doesn't mean they are. Facebook is really good at misleading you about these kind of things, it creates the illusion that everyone is living these amazing lives filled with travels in exotic locales and promotions, but when their lives are ****ty they're probably not going to plaster their walls with all the bad stuff that just happened to them.
Interestingly, I do know a few of the guys and they're pretty great. Had crushes on a few of them after HS.

And these are the type of girls who post ALLLL their drama on facebook, publicly, for everyone to see. If they were having issues, they'd post them for attention. Believe me.

And as an update, my cousin just posted (quite literally 15 minutes ago) a picture of her pretty new engagement ring. She's 19.

Bah. I'm buying a yurt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships