Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 07:52 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,515,621 times

Advertisements

Please keep this PG-13 since we all know how much fun making whoopie can be, but other than what was the most memorable, and most fun date you ever had? I know it's kind of hard to put your finger on what exactly happened once or maybe even more times to make a date(s) memorable but you can try to generalize the situation if you want.

I just want to make a happy thread basically, so I hope you enjoy recalling your past fun-filled dates.

I'll start.

Mine would have been a date with a guy way back in my 20's in the mid-1980's era. One time we were at a restaurant and were talking and laughing so much that we weren't aware that they had closed until the lady asked us to move our feet so she could vacuum under our table. We had also played a game of basketball in the back room of same restaurant for about a half hour before we ate which had been a lot of fun - I was even in a dress with a relatively high slit, and high heels. It had been an impromptu date. I was working a lot of overtime at the time (at an Architectural firm,) and stressed out to the max so when he called that afternoon to ask me to dinner I almost said no, and glad I didn't after all. Anyway, I can barely make the rim of the net but I sure can dribble the ball so keeping the ball away from him was big fun for me. A lot of playful, hilarious, banter went on during the game as well.

Another time, again in my mid-twenties, a guy took me out to dinner in his beat up old car, which was fine but what made it fun was when we accidentally ended up on a street that the younger generation would use to cruise on Friday's night to show off their fancy "race" cars. It was Friday night that we ended up there. So there we were stuck in traffic full of fancy, hopped up cars all around us, with his banged and dented all to heck, paint peeling off of it and the exhaust belching and spewing smoke into the air, rattle trap of a car. Instead of being embarrassed he just put on a cocky smile and hung his arm outside the car door like everyone else there was doing. He'd wave and talk smack with the other drivers as if his car was just as hot as theirs was. He even rev'd the engine of his a few times which produced clouds of black smoke behind us. He was really getting into too, you know the acting as if his car was just as fancy as the others. Some of the other drivers played along with him, while others just stared at him in disbelief. I was laughing so hard watching his antics on the cruising street that night that it became I date I would never forget. And yes I continued to date him, even after he bought a new car and no he wasn't handsome though I was attracted to him, but his sense of humor was why I fell in love with him.

So what are some of your stories?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 07:53 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
i haven't had a date in so long I don't know what these things are.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:08 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
It was my early 20's. We went dancing at the American Band Stand club/restaurant. Later that nighthe pretend not to have the right key to the car and when I looked down he swooped up and kissed me. He was a great dancer and very sweet to me. He was a Senior math teacher.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:10 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Ice skating. It's so fun skating alone with someone who knows how to skate.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
It was my early 20's. We went dancing at the American Band Stand club/restaurant. Later that nighthe pretend not to have the right key to the car and when I looked down he swooped up and kissed me. He was a great dancer and very sweet to me. He was a Senior math teacher.
Awe, that's so sweet!!

Old 04-19-2013, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
i haven't had a date in so long I don't know what these things are.

It's lonely being a Prince isn't it. I'm so sorry I hope a fun date comes to you just around the corner.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Ice skating. It's so fun skating alone with someone who knows how to skate.
I love ice skating too but I'm not very good at it. I tend to fall a lot or run into the walls.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:28 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Well, I'd say my favorite one in recent memory was actually the one I had the other night

We met up, went to a stand up comedy show and had a few beers while eating chinese food and listening to some pretty damn funny comics. We walked back to the subway station and I was about to say goodnight, but he suggested frozen yogurt. We joked about the horrible selections they offered (cucumber and sunflower...seriously?) and then wandered around the local university before settling on a bench and people watching. Then, it was midnight and we both needed to catch the train home. We were going in opposite directions, but he hung out with me until my train came It was an absolute blast.

I'm still smiling about it

Old 04-19-2013, 08:33 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GINGERSNAP1963 View Post
It's lonely being a Prince isn't it. I'm so sorry I hope a fun date comes to you just around the corner.
I'm more of a frog than a prince, unfortunately.

But, I think that kind of fun has pretty much ended for me.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Well, I'd say my favorite one in recent memory was actually the one I had the other night

We met up, went to a stand up comedy show and had a few beers while eating chinese food and listening to some pretty damn funny comics. We walked back to the subway station and I was about to say goodnight, but he suggested frozen yogurt. We joked about the horrible selections they offered (cucumber and sunflower...seriously?) and then wandered around the local university before settling on a bench and people watching. Then, it was midnight and we both needed to catch the train home. We were going in opposite directions, but he hung out with me until my train came It was an absolute blast.

I'm still smiling about it
That does sound like fun. Cucumber frozen yogurt eek. I know they are now marketing all kinds of weird sounding ice creams and frozen yogurts but none of them sound good to me. I love those places where you can pour your own out of a large variety into a large cup and add whatever toppings you like. I always get too much though and feel like a pig afterwards.

Which kind did you have? Burrito w/ salsa frozen yogurt?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships