Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 02:55 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
The funniest and most memorable experiences for me were through online dating. Good lort, Madea. They were quite a bunch.

I have so many stories. One man wanted me to give him my number. I wasn't ready to do that. He said he had more to lose than I did and he entrusted me with his number (how does he know what I have or don't have to lose?). I told him that was his choice and his alone, it was not an entitlement to my number. He asked why, I told him, and he would argue that my reasons weren't good enough, pushing the issue, discounting my concerns. It became clear he had massive entitlement issues and I told him I was no longer interested. He accused me of being a man, THAT was why I didn't want to give out my number and continue getting to know him. I wrote back with "OK, well, all the best to you anyway." He called me a dumb b*tch. But he thought I was a man? LOL. I can't tell you how many men have lost their minds when I no longer wanted to continue talking to them, over something THEY said that was offensive or forward or otherwise unacceptable. But people behave this way in various situations, all the time. It's quite fascinating to see them devolve. Great psychological specimens they are.
In life in general, not just in dating, it seems like people think they have the right to blurt out whatever's on their mind. If someone gets offended and calls them on what they said, well, it's the other person that's being rude, don'tcha know, it's never the witless idiot who started it.

*sigh*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 03:48 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
I still enjoy browsing this forum still, and while there's some really cool ladies here on CD Relationships forum, I have to say that each time I read through all these threads, I thank God, I'm in Australia,with a wonderful Australian lady who loves me and accepts me for me. We have our challenges, sure, but after years of never being good enough here in the U$, suddenly I'm considered a good catch Down Under. I'm the same person, look the same, same personality, only one thing has changed, and that's country of residence. I expect to get blasted for this post, as I violated the CD code, but I call it as I see it.
Eh, I don't think you violated anything, you just had better success when you relocated to somewhere that wasn't in the US.

I've thought of doing the same, but I don't know how I'd manage to do it.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:05 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,160,243 times
The economy is recovering slowly but travel is still very prohibitive for most, as I understand it.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:12 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times
Get over yourself.

Earlier today I invited a girl to see a movie this evening with myself and a couple others, and I have no interest in her romantically.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:20 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipitop View Post
Just do not buy why man are hurt by rejection. I don't think it is true at all. Maybe some, most not. Just direct interest at another women.
It is amusing to me that women all claim to reject men so politely and respectfully.
Here are some IRL experiences I have had happen directly to me:

1. At a bar, it is getting late. I noticed a woman standing there by herself, and since I was in the vicinity, I took a few steps over and started to say "hell-". She cuts me off, puts up her hand, "don't even talk to me!" and walks away. Wow. just wow. I may have even chuckled.
2. At a bar some 4 years later, me and two guys are standin around chatting. There were two women about our age sitting at a table. I turned around and conplimented the hat that one of them was wearing. It was a hat you don't see often worn by a woman, and it looked really cool on her. She looks at her friend and with an incredibly nasty tone, "what is with this f**king hat?!" It was so rude I couldnt even chuckle. She never even really acknokwledged me and the compliment. You would have thought I said "nice rack" or, "I bet you could bounce a quarter..."
3. exhibit c: I was out at a bar only about a year ago. My friend and I had met up with a woman he knew and we were having drinks. Her friends walked up after about 10 minutes of me, my friend and the gal chatting. Her friends and my friend exchange names and handshakes, as they hadn't met before. No one payed any attention to me, so I was quickly assertive and said "hi, I'm AverageGuy," and put out my hand to shake just like had been done with my friend. The woman stood there looked at me, didnt shake my hand and didnt say introduce herself to me. My friend was so mad about that, he basically told the woman later in the night that "I dont think I can be interestsd in a woman who has friends that are that rude. What your friends did to my friend is unacceptable."

That is just three times I can think of off the top of my head. And again, each circumstance was me just bein an outgoing, respectful man saying hello to a woman in a social situation.

I can only think of one posting/thread where a woman on this board admitted to being rude at a bar towards men as a social experiment.

But the truth is, women reject men HARSHLY and it occurs frequently. I think when a guy that doesn't meet the standards of the woman he approaches, all rules of respect and common decency fly out the window. And then they go on and laugh off about some poor loser that 'thought' he had the chance to even approach her.

It happens, and it isnt pretty. And it happens more often than people admit.

Granted, I have also been quite respectfully rejected as well, but ratio is lrobably clise to 50%rude/50% respectful. And actually, probably the most attractive woman I ever approached rejected me the best way I was ever rejected. I actually smiled as I walked away, as I was just glad that she was decent enough to say without being rude, or mean, or irritated, "No, but thanks for the offer".

Old 05-01-2013, 04:29 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
It is amusing to me that women all claim to reject men so politely and respectfully.
Here are some IRL experiences I have had happen directly to me:

1. At a bar, it is getting late. I noticed a woman standing there by herself, and since I was in the vicinity, I took a few steps over and started to say "hell-". She cuts me off, puts up her hand, "don't even talk to me!" and walks away. Wow. just wow. I may have even chuckled.
2. At a bar some 4 years later, me and two guys are standin around chatting. There were two women about our age sitting at a table. I turned around and conplimented the hat that one of them was wearing. It was a hat you don't see often worn by a woman, and it looked really cool on her. She looks at her friend and with an incredibly nasty tone, "what is with this f**king hat?!" It was so rude I couldnt even chuckle. She never even really acknokwledged me and the compliment. You would have thought I said "nice rack" or, "I bet you could bounce a quarter..."
3. exhibit c: I was out at a bar only about a year ago. My friend and I had met up with a woman he knew and we were having drinks. Her friends walked up after about 10 minutes of me, my friend and the gal chatting. Her friends and my friend exchange names and handshakes, as they hadn't met before. No one payed any attention to me, so I was quickly assertive and said "hi, I'm AverageGuy," and put out my hand to shake just like had been done with my friend. The woman stood there looked at me, didnt shake my hand and didnt say introduce herself to me. My friend was so mad about that, he basically told the woman later in the night that "I dont think I can be interestsd in a woman who has friends that are that rude. What your friends did to my friend is unacceptable."

That is just three times I can think of off the top of my head. And again, each circumstance was me just bein an outgoing, respectful man saying hello to a woman in a social situation.

I can only think of one posting/thread where a woman on this board admitted to being rude at a bar towards men as a social experiment.

But the truth is, women reject men HARSHLY and it occurs frequently. I think when a guy that doesn't meet the standards of the woman he approaches, all rules of respect and common decency fly out the window. And then they go on and laugh off about some poor loser that 'thought' he had the chance to even approach me.

It happens, and it isnt pretty. And it happens more often than people admit.

like this is why I used to relish all the opportunities to give back to these women what they do to guys like ^ for no reason.

Sometimes I miss those days.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:33 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Get over yourself.

Earlier today I invited a girl to see a movie this evening with myself and a couple others, and I have no interest in her romantically.
Some women and men don't get that. I have a few women friends that are only plutonic, and yes we "Hang out" and I hate that term, but it applies to friends. When I ask some one out on a date I'm going to say exactly that "would you like to go out on a date?". Ive had a few women in recent years ask "This is a date, right?", as if to confirm this was not hanging out

Old 05-01-2013, 04:35 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
I think I have developed some kind of weird rejection proof inner system that works great for me..I do not ever make the first move with a woman unless I KNOW the interest in me is there first...I would like to think that I'm kinda like a cheetah,an animal that wildlife biologists claim has an internal mechanism that allows it to know when to quit chasing its prey when its using more calories with the chase than what the prey would actually make up for...but if I look deep inside myself and analyze it with great care I think that I will find that I'm just lazy...and I think the cheetah is lazy too but some wildlife biologist needs to look smart so he made that calorie crap up because who dares to question his expertise in cheetahs?so yeah,I'm like a cheetah really if you look at it properly.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:39 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,720,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
I thank God, I'm in Australia,with a wonderful Australian lady who loves me and accepts me for me. We have our challenges, sure, but after years of never being good enough here in the U$, suddenly I'm considered a good catch Down Under. I'm the same person, look the same, same personality, only one thing has changed, and that's country of residence.
I've always wondered what it would be like as an American man to date women from another country. Are they more or less reserved? Are they nicer? Are they more or less traditional (wait until marriage for sex)? etc...

Old 05-01-2013, 04:40 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I think I have developed some kind of weird rejection proof inner system that works great for me..I do not ever make the first move with a woman unless I KNOW the interest in me is there first...I would like to think that I'm kinda like a cheetah,an animal that wildlife biologists claim has an internal mechanism that allows it to know when to quit chasing its prey when its using more calories with the chase than what the prey would actually make up for...but if I look deep inside myself and analyze it with great care I think that I will find that I'm just lazy...and I think the cheetah is lazy too but some wildlife biologist needs to look smart so he made that calorie crap up because who dares to question his expertise in cheetahs?so yeah,I'm like a cheetah really if you look at it properly.
omg... hahahahhaha.
Cheetahs are a fine specimen indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships