Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 04:43 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,161,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottay View Post
I've always wondered what it would be like as an American man to date women from another country. Are they more or less reserved? Are they nicer? Are they more or less traditional (wait until marriage for sex)? etc...
That would depend on the country, what area of the country, the religious and/or cultural leanings of the parents, their socio-economic strata, and so on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 04:46 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,720,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
like this is why I used to relish all the opportunities to give back to these women what they do to guys like ^ for no reason.
Yeah. I've got a friend right now that has a crush on me and believe me, the thought of telling her that I'm not interested because she's a total wimp and needs to get braces and lose 40lbs before I'd even consider sleeping with her has crossed my mind. But I'm a big softy and could never treat/reject a woman in the sometimes harsh manner in which I've been treated/rejected.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:48 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,694,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Some women and men don't get that. I have a few women friends that are only plutonic, and yes we "Hang out" and I hate that term, but it applies to friends. When I ask some one out on a date I'm going to say exactly that "would you like to go out on a date?". Ive had a few women in recent years ask "This is a date, right?", as if to confirm this was not hanging out
Wait a minute you mean people of different sexes can hang out with other with no pretense of romance and what not?:confused.

Maybe its a generational, time frame, social thing but I have no issue with hanging out because it means what it means hanging out with friends like you posted.

In fact looking at it my hanging out with women far exceeds my dating women so I guess its one of those individual things.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:50 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,352,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
ya initially I did cause it sounded like he wanted a date. When he said he wasn't intending a date, then I said "oh..well here's my number and we can hang as friends". he could be lying but like I said, I'll figure that out quickly.
In most cases, he would have been lying had he said that.

I notice a lot of people putting a lot of weight to rejection. It really isn't that bad. I miss the days when all I had to worry about was some lady nicely saying "no thank you."

I will say this.

Some men ARE funny about rejection.

There are some "funny" posts in this thread about rejection.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:55 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,720,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
actually, probably the most attractive woman I ever approached rejected me the best way I was ever rejected. I actually smiled as I walked away, as I was just glad that she was decent enough to say without being rude, or mean, or irritated, "No, but thanks for the offer".
I've noticed that as well, on several occasions!! The women that I've asked out that are really hot have always been very kind and amicable when they turned me down whereas the women that are just barely good looking enough to be considered attractive were quite rude.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:56 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottay View Post
Yeah. I've got a friend right now that has a crush on me and believe me, the thought of telling her that I'm not interested because she's a total wimp and needs to get braces and lose 40lbs before I'd even consider sleeping with her has crossed my mind. But I'm a big softy and could never treat/reject a woman in the sometimes harsh manner in which I've been treated/rejected.
I know what you mean, it's a good thing I've matured.

The worst is/was when I would witness a friend get shot down hard for absolutely no reason and he tries to mask the hurt by laughing it off. That gets under my skin so much.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:00 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,086,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
omg... hahahahhaha.
Cheetahs are a fine specimen indeed.
Yes they are...even if they are lazy..they are smart too because like myself I know hard work pays off in the long run,but laziness pays off right now

Old 05-01-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle43 View Post
I know this wasn't your intention OP, but a lot of guys think/fear that women reject men for sport and make fun of them when talking to their girlfriends. And this is why a lot of guys won't approach women. Getting rejected by one woman doesn't really mean that one woman rejected you. You could easily become a reject for her entire social circle, which depending on how big that is and how big the area is, can seriously hinder a man's dating prospects.
Or they will forget that the man asked her out and move on. The only way that getting rejected by a woman is going to "hinder" your chances with other woman is if there is something screwed up in your approach.

JUST THE FACT THAT YOU APPROACH WILL GRANT YOU SOME RESPECT!!! Especially since guys rather take a bullet to the crotch and a gut shot than approach a woman and get rejected.

If you lose respect just because you approached and got rejected, then you are living among a bunch of shallow and ignorant people that are really not worth your time.

If you approach and attempt to have a normal conversation with a woman, (which avoids any canned phrases or attempts to impress) then even if she rejects you, your chances will barely get a scratch. The best thing to do is to go with the context where you are most in your element.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
Just the kind of thread that's needed at CD: "Ladies, let's all get together and talk about the funny responses men give when we shoot them down!"

And the women here really wonder why some men are so fearful about approaching women?
Oh, I doubt if the man just said, "okay," said something along the lines of "it was nice to meet you" and moved on, that he'll have to worry about being mentioned as one of those "funny responses." Although, the response that the OP describes is not that funny. (I do find it fishy, though...)

Old 05-01-2013, 05:33 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,203,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
it's not humorous..

It's just a coworker trying to make it less awkward after getting rejected

exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships