Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 06:06 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,530,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post

But I agree on the kissing thing. That is a pretty reliable gauge for compatibility, at least in my experience. Seems to be a common feeling among others as well.
Yes, this seems to be the case for most people

did someone here had bad kisses with people they ended up having great sex with?
i wonder if thats even possible
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2013, 06:07 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,530,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Yes.

If someone was 100% perfect for you, you probably would go ahead and marry them thinking you could work on the chemistry.

But you can't fake it, and you often don't realize that until it's too late and you've taken vows.

Good observation

Maybe this is the reasons why theres SO MUCH cheating among marriages

Old 05-11-2013, 09:07 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,372,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post

did someone here had bad kisses with people they ended up having great sex with?
Interesting question to ponder, I dunno'-
sounds unlikely, not just for the obvious reason of extrapolating/conflating
(rightly or wrongly, it probably varies with the individual)
kissing "skill"/appeal with intercourse "aptitude"/appeal.

Wouldn't bad kisses and such tend to weigh against progressing to sex anyway,
so there'd be less chance of anyone to tell the tale of the bad kisser who was great in bed (apart from that) ?

Of course there may be exceptions,
particularly if one or both persons were in position of compromised judgment-
and thus didn't much notice if the kissing was bad,
or one or both people were strongly motivated to have sex,
therefore were able to disregard the bad kisses in order to reach the end goal of sex.

Can depend, too, on how important kissing and having sex are to each person-some people enjoy one and not the other,
regardless of who they're coupled with (and that person's way of doing things).

One has to keep in mind that what is appealing (be it how one kisses or how one has sex) to one person
is what repels another person,
so saying "this person is bad at (sex or kissing)" isn't necessarily an objective evaluation,
it's (at least to some degree) an individual/mutual incompatibility of those two people.

Last edited by cloven; 05-11-2013 at 09:26 PM..

Old 05-13-2013, 11:21 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
I think it can get better over time, or maybe it can develop over time. Some people know each other for years and are never romantically interested in one another, and then one day they find something there they didn't feel before. I've found if a guy isn't a good kisser the first time we kiss, then things generally don't get any better. How much can you really recover from a bad encounter with someone? And how many people are willing to keep dating and trying with someone they feel zero attraction to? Probably not many unless they want a relationship so badly they're willing to settle. Any guy I've ever had crazy chemistry with it's always been there right from the start.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:44 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,472,793 times
If the lack of chemistry is based on appearance, then sometimes it can be improved. E.g., some women become more sexually attractive if they change their appearance via a makeover - the potential was there, but sometimes it needs to be uncovered or enhanced.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:49 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
A good kiss or bad can tell you some but not all if the chemistry is there.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:51 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
What happens if you find someone whos PERFECT for you in every way but the chemistry just isnt there?

What would you do?

If they were PERFECT for you the chemistry would be there so your question has no merit.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:51 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
I think chemistry is either there or it isn't. Kissing is a great indicator but for me it isn't about kissing "skill" but the flavor. I know chemistry is right when I love the feel of her skin and the taste of her kisses and the smell of her breath, even in the morning.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:18 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Im talking about sexual chemistry, i think you discover it with the first kiss with someone you like. If its bad, most likely the sex is gonna be bad, if its awesome, then it will be most likely awesome. I ve also found that chemistry seem to be instant: either is there fully in the beggining, or it is not. From the, lets say, 20 guys i have kissed in my life (most of them i didnt sleep with) i think 5 of them we had chemistry, 15 of them we didnt too much. Those 15 seemed to be bad kissers. I think chemistry is not that easy to find, and good kissers are not as normal as one would think. But, of course, i ve been off the market many many years and i tend to think it will be IMPOSSIBLE for me to find someone with the chemistry i used to had with my boyfriend of 7 years, wich was there since the beggining.
With the years i realized that my first boyfriend (different that the one im talking about) wasnt such a good kisser and, eventhough we had chemistry, it was nowhere near the "best" chemistry you could have with someone.
Im wondering that if i do find someone i like and want to sleep with him, if the chemistry isnt there in the beggining, it would ever be. Many years ago i had a fling with someone very smart/interesting, but he was a horrible kisser and the chemistry just wasnt there. We sleep together a few times but it didnt get better. I ended things with him knowing it wont be getting better than that anyway.

Is it possible to overlook that lack of chemistry? can it be improved or is chemistry just an instant thing?
what are your opinions on this?
I don't know about kissing equating to expertise in bed. I've been with some good kissers whose talent ended right there, and some mediocre kissers who were just plain better with their hands than mouths.

As for improving chemistry, with me, I don't think it's possible. Either there's a sexual charge there or there isn't.

Old 05-13-2013, 01:17 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,959,719 times
Quote:

IME, a relationship can exist without awesome kissing. . It isn't a deal breaker. over the years, I tried to teach / communicate on how I like to kiss. Most never get the memo. I don't think they realized they kissed 'differently'. As I said though, it wasn't a dealbreaker.

I think the most important thing is to try to 'teach' someone what you like. Relationships are not effortless, and sometimes even the 'perfect' person does/feels something completely different than you.

I think kissing falls into the driving and sex category. 'Everyone thinks they are great at it.' But with all the styles and variations, there are people that are different, or 'bad' compared to each persons preference.

IME, the best kissers were usually better in the bedroom (more compatiable with what I prefer), but the bedroom is such a small part of the relationship. The problem is, it seems most people value chemistry over almost everything anymore. Online dating is not helping either.
Browing profiles:
next
next
next
next
next
next
Oh..... there's a total hottie. "Hi! "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships