Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 09:44 AM

162 posts, read 190,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
bambi, if you are a lesbian now, you should get together with bakedkookies, you would make an awesome couple!!

I am not a lesbian. I would just like to be in a long term relationship and since I experience such hatred from guys, I have thought about being in a long term relationship with a woman. kookies made it clear in her post that she doesn't want to be in a relationship with a woman, so your comments are silly.

3,793 posts, read 4,606,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I am a mutt. happy?
A White and Asian mutt, yes.

My point was that it's easy for a white person to tell a black person they're too focused on race. Black people in the U.S. spend their entire lives being classified by their race daily.

84 posts, read 84,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi234 View Post
I think it's great that you are going out. I am on family medical leave at work, so I have pretty much a lot of time on my hands at the moment. I stopped going outside. I don't want to get darker, now that the sun is out due to the summer weather. There is just no reason for me to take in the constant abuse, but I applaud you for your courage. I wish that I was able to do the same.
Bring an umbrella. I saw people of all races carrying an umbrella at the local festival. It won't look crazy or suspicious at all.

And please get out, don't stay in the house all summer. It will make the situation worse. I saw quite a few ugly, fat people walking around without a care in the world.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:48 AM

84 posts, read 84,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
Don't go to events just because you want to get noticed by the opposite sex. Go to enjoy yourself and all the things you do there. If the only reason you want to go is to get noticed, you should find another activity.
You're right. But I also don't see anything wrong with having a desire for a long term relationship, and wanting to connect with someone. I'm tired of being single or occassionally meeting guys who just want to use me for sex.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:49 AM

39,257 posts, read 27,661,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
A White and Asian mutt, yes.

My point was that it's easy for a white person to tell a black person they're too focused on race. Black people in the U.S. spend their entire lives being classified by their race daily.
I am also being classified by my "race". All my white friends have the same struggle too. Don't play race card on me, it is not going to work on me. Sorry.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakedkookies View Post
Society made sure there's a stereotype for every type of black woman so that we'd have no escape. If all dark women became thin then we'd be stereotyped as Omarosa or perhaps jezebels, gold diggers.
Those labels are preferable to being fat and let's not forget fat people are noticed, yet mostly ignored. That is my one saving grace, I have never had to worry about my weight, but I am looking forward to becoming even thinner. If the skin lightening doesn't work, but hopefully it will, try losing weight, you will feel much better and look great. Thinsperation is the answer!

They called Omarosa a lot of names, but they couldn't call her fat and out of shape. I didn't like how she was portrayed, but I still think she represented dark girls far better than Gabrielle Sideybe (AKA precious). Precious is the image that they want for us, but we shouldn't allow them to get their wish.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:52 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,069,682 times
A little off the subject, light and dark, but if a man is in serious lust (or love) with a woman, she can do things he would find annoying from another woman and he is not annoyed at all with the woman he really likes. That's just the way it is. I find it in real life dating as opposed to women on videos, a newness thing. When they are in the honeymoon stage and infatuated with someone, that person can get away with a lot. Kim Kardashian is beautiful by the way.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:52 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,253,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
No they don't. The statistic peaked at 50% in the 70's, and that was only when you count 2nd, 3rd, 4th (etc.) marriages, which have a much higher divorce rate. It's fallen significantly since then, in large part because people are getting married at older ages now on average.

Approximately 1/3 of first marriages now end in divorce. It isn't and never has been even close to 60%. Look it up if you don't believe me.
I'd say it's because fewer people are getting married now. Many of those that would be likely to divorce are no longer getting married because it's the "right thing to do" and socially expected.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakedkookies View Post
Bring an umbrella. I saw people of all races carrying an umbrella at the local festival.
And please get out, don't stay in the house all summer. It will make the situation worse. I saw quite a few ugly, fat people walking around without a care in the world.
Going outside depresses me. I am not interested. I have a nice patio, so I can just stay on my patio if I want to get some fresh air. I refuse to go to any events. I even stopped going grocery shopping, my food is now delivered to my place.

I don't know what I will do once my leave ends. Maybe I will be able to apply for additional leave. I do applaud you for being so brave and facing the world. You are so courageous!

Old 05-20-2013, 09:56 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,606,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
All my white friends have the same struggle too.
That is the biggest load of horsesh*t I've ever heard. I'm white, and even I recognize this. Only racists use the term "race card" by the way. Nice one, Rush Limbaugh. I'm not trying to get anything to "work" on you other than getting your peabrain to recognize the obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships