Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 09:52 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,984,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Welp, YOU POSTED and asked, you got answers and now WE are the ones who are the bad people because you don't like some of the answers you have read..........makes me wonder who is more childish in this situation.

Issues in a marriage is very different than "Sulking, pouting, screaming and having a tantrum" when something does not go just as you think it should. It is ALL about partnership, maturity, communication, honesty (which I'm guessing is not a big part of your marriage since you hid the damage from him)...

Are you getting the idea of how marriage is now?

PS ~~ The next time you DO NOT WANT adverse answers to a post on a public forum.............

DO NOT POST on a public forum.
Get a grip

NEVER SAID I WANTED ADVERSE ANSWERS? I just asked 1 question, real simple.
Angry much?

Last edited by Gilah G.; 05-27-2013 at 10:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 10:01 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
Husband just found a dent in the car..I knew I was going to catch hell for it.
he just had the same area fixed 5 months ago.( I took the side of the garage with my passenger front bumper)

I don't know which is more harsh. The total silent treatment, or well deserved yelling I got on the phone when he discovered it.

Which one makes you shudder when your other half gets upset.???
Ugh... hate to upset my other half. I really don't know which is worse. I can't decide.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:11 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times
Quote:
he just had the same area fixed 5 months ago.( I took the side of the garage with my passenger front bumper)

I don't know which is more harsh. The total silent treatment, or well deserved yelling I got on the phone when he discovered it.

My wife has bumped the car on a couple of different occasions. I had a way to deal with this. With calmness. She had a way to deal with this, too. She knows what I like. I take care of you, you take care of me.

BEYOOW-CHICKKA-CHIKKA-BEYOOW>

Old 05-27-2013, 11:58 PM

257 posts, read 295,539 times
Both. They are both control tactics. One is aggressive (yelling), and the other is passive aggressive (silent treatment).

Old 05-28-2013, 12:12 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,075,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
The first time that man yelled at me OR gave me the silent treatment I would leave and never look back.

I date adults, not children.
So you "perfect" people never fight at all? Suppressing all emotions in a relationship is not healthy.

Silent treatment is a lot better than yelling tough. The point of the silent treatment (not responding as much, acting distant) is to show that you are mad about the situation. It is a way to make the partner understand that you hurt her/him. If you do care about your partner you will try to find out what is wrong and you will discuss the problems. If you don't care, you will ignore it.

It's completely normal and most people when they get upset, either start yelling, or they turn silent. The people here who will break up with anyone who does that is severely limiting your dating pool.

Humans get mad once in a while, it is acceptable to show emotions in a relationship.

Old 05-28-2013, 12:17 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Get a grip

NEVER SAID I WANTED ADVERSE ANSWERS? I just asked 1 question, real simple.
Angry much?

My grip is great and I am rarely angry and you did not read what I said exactly.........

I said if you DID NOT WANT ADVERSE ANSWERS I did not say if you WANTED ADVERSE ANSWERS

next...........

Old 05-28-2013, 01:53 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times
Quote:

When I was married I think what was more harsh to me was getting yelled at. The silent treatment was a gift, days of not hearing him talk!

Old 05-28-2013, 05:37 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
So you "perfect" people never fight at all? Suppressing all emotions in a relationship is not healthy.

It's completely normal and most people when they get upset, either start yelling, or they turn silent. The people here who will break up with anyone who does that is severely limiting your dating pool.

Humans get mad once in a while, it is acceptable to show emotions in a relationship.
I am sorry you think this is completely normal behavior.
I don't think so.
Nobody is perfect. But we strive to treat each other with respect.
There is nothing I "fear" telling my spouse. And vice versa. To imply that's normal is waaaaay off.
If one of us screws up somehow, the other has the grace to appreciate how lousy they probably feel about it.
I would never hurt my spouse's feelings over some stupid possession. That's crazy.

We do get angry once in a while. But we don't yell. That's not allowed in this house.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:48 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:

If my husband did either, I would think Martians came and replaced him with a small child who is incapable of rational thought and emotional control.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:49 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Being totally honest, I don't believe anyone when they have said they have NEVER yelled at their spouse. Some of the people I know who have been married the longest, have admitted to raising their voice to their spouse, not frequently but it has happened. No one has their emotions in check 100% of the time. Hell at least I admit it. To the non-yellers here I have no idea how yall survive in working world. I've had bosses yell at me, I've sucked it up and kept going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships