Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 11:02 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,054,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post

To bring it down to the level of most of this forum: You have the male equivalent of huge t*ts and a small waist .
ROFLMAO you made my day with this post haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2013, 12:12 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,999,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivor425 View Post
Like I said, she is incredibly shy and bashful and feels uncomfortable talking about sex. If I ever bring up things like that she doesn't give any input and never has.

Oh, my heart goes out to both of you .

She sounds like she has a lot of difficult stuff she is dealing with, psychologically. She has not told you anything in her background as an explanation? If I had to guess, I would guess emotional abuse, not sexual -- but it could easily be both.

She also may have some inborn neurological differences (OCD, autism spectrum, stuff like that. Though some research indicates those may be less inborn than we think, and more to do with mutations affecting absorption of certain nutrients... I digress.)

Have you brought up the subject of counseling / therapy? How did she react?

If she does start therapy, you should be aware that, if I am understanding correctly her current situation, it may be quite a few years before you notice major changes. Therapy makes permanent changes in the brain, but often not at a speed that is helpful to existing relationships. You will have to think about whether where she is at now is workable for you.

Old 06-10-2013, 12:47 PM

9 posts, read 21,400 times
I really appreciate your input Nila. I don't consider myself a needy man in any way really. To be honest before this girl I felt smothered by most of my girlfriends because I am a fairly independent person and have my own interests and friends that I tend to pursue. It isn't a matter of her fulfilling any unmet needs as much as me understanding why she acts in a way that is very peculiar. I get that she develops feelings slower and is very guarded. She has explained that to me. Some days are better than others, and eventually I'd like to see intimacy pick up as we become more serious. At this stage, however, I do have fun with her and she is a real sweetheart. I think she is worth the patience and I'm not going to force her to talk about anything she isn't ready to.

When she wants to talk about things she can bring them up. To this point she hasn't said anything, and I wouldn't ask her to until I feel like I am getting overly emotionally invested in a relationship that might never develop the intimacy that relationships should eventually get to.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:25 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,999,377 times
Well, it seems like you have reached a decision, and if I was helpful in that process I am glad . It sounds like you two may suit each other well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships