Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 02:13 PM

27 posts, read 25,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariagostrey View Post
So im 26 year old and while my girlfriends are all on the path to walking down the aisle with great guys I have always been perpetually single with a string of bad short flings. I don't have trouble attracting men but do have trouble keeping them/meeting them.

My other friends just don't seem to be having that struggle. This one girl I know met her now husband at a mutual friend's party two years ago where they immediately hit it off. They talked all night and he asked her out the next night and a year later proposed to her. No drama, no push-pull, no crazy exes etc.

Another friend met her guy at another party senior year of college, he proposed a year later and is now a happily married school teacher in Florida.

This other couple I know met at debate team during college and recently moved in together.

All this time I go out of my way to meet men, even going so far as to give random men on dating websites a chance, date any guy I meet via friends and friends of friends but...nothing happens. Best case scenario is I have 2-3 fun dates and either I or the guy concludes that we don't feel it. Or the guy says he can't deal with my virginity. Or the guy professes his love for an ex-gf and leaves me to go get her.

What is wrong with me? How come some people fall into love without trying and others struggle so much?

------------

Two things:

1) If you live in a large city, it's much easier than if you live in a small town

2) You said that you give men a chance. It's not that they're giving YOU a chance, you're the "better" one giving THEM a chance. That makes men angry and bitter and wondering about you, and are turned off by this arrogance. You give EACH OTHER a chance. Maybe there's some arrogance that needs to be humbled, if any? If there's some entitlement, it must be toned down. As men have observed since the 1970's how punitive divorce laws are towards men, they have been more guarded around women who believe they are superior because they have almost everyone approaching them and nobody approaching the guys, and an social imbalance is present which must be made up by the guy paying for everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships