Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 05:08 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,661,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
Put her on the road and get another one...maybe even 2 or 3. Heck, you're 29, you ought to be swimming in leg. Back in my day they called it a black book, now it's a contact list, I believe.
I love that you called it leg. Lol
That's old school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 05:09 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,812,988 times
I think sex is important enough that you're going to have to get a real answer from her and not "I'll try harder." She shouldn't have to try harder. She should actually want sex. I know the pill killed my sex drive. I've had temporary dips for issues. A lot of people don't want to talk about their issues, but this would be a barrier to a LTR. You can't just ignore this

Old 06-12-2013, 05:12 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_5280 View Post
First of all, hello and thank you.

I am 29 and she is 27.

My girlfriend and I have been together for 8 months now. Things between us are amazing in just about every way except in the bedroom. We have more in common than i've ever had with a woman before and are always playing and just having a good time. When we travel or just go out and explore we always have a good time. She has never been a very affectionate person and I am very very affectionate but up until recently we've always had GREAT sex and OFTEN (at least 4 times a week). Granted, 4 times a week is probably pretty rare in relationships that are out of their "honeymoon" phase but now its down to once or MAYBE twice a week which kills me. When we do have sex I feel like I have to ask her to do it and she doesn't seem to really be "there" during any more. Oral sex simply does not happen, at least for me. I've talked to her about it and she said that she'd "try harder" which has not happened. I miss that part of our relationship and feeling wanted like that is important to me and helps me to feel secure and happy in relationships. I don't know what to do. Any advice or just your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again.

AJ
I believe this quite common coming out of the infatuation phase. I suggest, you explore and find different ways to spice up the sex, so it doesn't become banausic.

Old 06-12-2013, 05:15 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,578,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I love that you called it leg. Lol
That's old school.
Yeah, I'm old school but gotta Diamond Dave credit, that's when I first heard it.

Old 06-12-2013, 05:22 AM

432 posts, read 1,228,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
This.

Support. I couldn't tell you how many lady friends of mine felt completely unloved and unappreciated by their SOs and their sex drive basically shut down. I know mine did after months of doing ALL the household chores while working full time and going to school full time while my ex just sat around working part time and playing video games all day/night. I was exhausted, depressed and just not interested.

So, talk to her...ask her if there's something you could do to help but don't emphasize the lack of sex, make sure you're focusing on HER. If you are basically only helping her to get laid, she may come to resent it.
Well said. Too many men will say, oh tell me what's wrong but won't really pay attention to the reply or actually do something about it. The focus is on how they will be satisfied. And don't just think asking her once will be the end of it. You need to focus on her EACH time and her needs, not just your wants and desires. It's a two way street.

Old 06-12-2013, 05:35 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,475,163 times
She may just have a much lower sex drive than you, and you're past the initial infatuation period. So, unless there's another fixable cause (medical, psychological, another man, or your approach needs updating), then it is very, very, very unlikely that she will return to her former level of interest. It's sad since she sounds great in every other way - but being sexually mismatched could eventually destroy the relationship because you won't be happy and you'll both resent each other over this. She needs to get checked out, and you both may need counseling to see if there is anything that can be changed.

Old 06-12-2013, 05:43 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,241,552 times
Instead of worrying about quantity, why not worry about quality? Sex 4 or 5 times a week for men isnt the same as for women. It can get boring really fast. You already stated she isnt a real affectionate person. It would be a rare women who wouldnt come around with you showing concern about her feelings, a little sweet talk and attention, and not so much pushing for just sex. Then again, talk to her and see what SHE says.

Old 06-12-2013, 05:44 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,821 times
She's banging someone else

Old 06-12-2013, 05:54 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
She's banging someone else

when the sex suddenly stops, or is reduced dramatically, this is usually the case.

hopefully, it's not.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:01 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,304,232 times
If I ever get to the point where I have only been a relationship for 8 months and the sex has dropped off dramatically, someone check my pulse, because I'm probably dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships