Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 07:32 AM

39,218 posts, read 27,586,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Second person to say "sue." Please tell me what on earth this woman could be sued for?
The current interpretation seems to say if you have proof to back up what you say, and it is truthful, it is not libel or slander. But remember, laws can be changed with enough pressure.

She can be sued for libel or slander.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

14,294 posts, read 13,184,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
IMO, the OP's attitude has more to do with vindictiveness at being hurt by a cheater, and is masquerading as a moral issue. The OP has invoked God, so perhaps she should remember that vengeance is the Lord's.

Yah that is my take as well. Not so much that she is masquerading it as a moral issue. The cheating IS clearly THEIR moral issue, but getting confused that it is HER issue. Her issue is why someone else' cheating impacts her emotions so crazily.

44,254 posts, read 64,342,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Hypothetically cremebrulee, if you were on a bus or at a restaurant, talking to a friend about your medical condition (let's say it's herpes), and the person behind you was annoyed by the discussion, they should record it and post it on facebook? Going by your logic, it sounds like they would be entitled to post your private info and photo online simply because they don't like what they are hearing. And who knows, it may save someone from getting herpes from you, so that alone would justify it, I'm sure.
Having herpes and actually doing something bad to someone else is different.
If I overheard that you had herpes and you were planning on spreading it to unsuspecting people on purpose (lying about condoms, etc) and you were bragging about it, I'd do something about that. That is seriously effed up.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:33 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,582,715 times
Quote:
And the lady photographed them, which is not a crime.
And posted the shot to Facebook, which is not a crime.
Don't you have the crime "defamation" in america?
In sweden that's up to 2 years in jail for the photographer...

which means it is only ok for the photographer to do that if the crime she captures is significantly more severe...

28,890 posts, read 30,257,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
Those men made it a public matter talking openly about it for two hours in front of strangers. Two hours?

Who wouldn't lose patience after that long?
Tell you what I'd have done...I'd have done the same thing as she did...then, I'd walk back to them, and say, "listen scum bags, you've made your personal sex life public so that all these people were forced to sit hear and listen to your indecent word play of games, laughing at your wives, stating that they are dumb b/c they have no clue...you violated their trust, you violated your marriage vows...you have probably violated other women by not telling them your married...therefore, I've violated your personal life, that you seem to have no care in the world about, to make it public here among all of us...so, I'm going to tell you what I'm going to do, I'm going to take this little gem of a tape, that I've made of you, with your pictures and post it on facebook...so that the whole world can hear of your boastful escapades....your parents, her parents, your boss, your wife, your co-workers, extended family and friends...

then I'd have walked away and wouldn't have posted it.

I have a right to get on a train or be in any public place and not have to listen to the rudeness and disgusting conversations other people have...you want to talk about privet, personal lives, then to the right thing and refrain from discussing things in public...refrain from using your phones in a public place, unless you get off your lazy butts and walk away...or outside.
You want to criminalize smokers, but it's ok to sit there for two hours, and make other people uncomfortable? I was in a doctors office, and this stupid woman was on the phone with her daughter and talked talked talked, and I was ready to get up and hit her with her phone...I felt so sick and instead of peace and quiet, I had to sit there and listen to her stupid conversation...and she talked loud, as others were rolling their eyes.
Same with someone talking like these 3 men did, THEY are the guilty ones, not the women who taped them....if they didn't want it to be public, they shouldn't have been bragging about it in public for two whole hours....

2,159 posts, read 2,811,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Of course they did. However his wife did not need to find out about it on the nightly news.

Agree...I'm not saying he has no fault in this at all. I'd be livid with the woman for putting it out there on a public forum. I'd want to deal with it in private within my marriage (or lack of). Him...shoot there are no words to describe how I'd feel about him. He wouldn't be getting off easy I can tell you that.

I'd want to deal with it in private and no longer can because he made it public for the whole world to see and do with the information as they saw fit. No, he gets all of the blame on this one. He shared information with a stranger and she did with it as she saw fit. Unfortunately, his family suffer for it. He is so ****ed.

15,714 posts, read 21,065,599 times
Quote:
Second person to say "sue." Please tell me what on earth this woman could be sued for?
She had no documentation of the conversation. She took a photo and posted it to a public forum calling him out as a cheater. So it's her word against his. Defamation of character I would think? I'm not a lawyer though.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:34 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,727,010 times
Quote:
Videotaping a person without their consent. Since it is on a bus, the guys may have a case.

Recording of Individuals Without Their Consent

Quote:
Recording of Individuals Without Their Consent

Most video recordings are legal with or without consent. There are very few laws which prohibit video recording of any kind, but there are laws in some areas dealing with areas of expected privacy.

Generally, it is perfectly legal to videotape or photograph any person and anything while on public property, except:

Certain public places have banned the use of cameras such as mass transit systems, courthouses, capital buildings, secured government buildings, jails or prisons unless you obtain written permission
Even if the guys lose, fighting the case can be prohibitively expensive in terms of lawyer fees and time off of work.

28,890 posts, read 30,257,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
The current interpretation seems to say if you have proof to back up what you say, and it is truthful, it is not libel or slander. But remember, laws can be changed with enough pressure.

She can be sued for libel or slander.
you can sue for anything now adays, that seems to be the answer for everything, but, remember, you will have to pay an attorney, and will you win?

2,159 posts, read 2,811,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Tell you what I'd have done...I'd have done the same thing as she did...then, I'd walk back to them, and say, "listen scum bags, you've made your personal sex life public so that all these people were forced to sit hear and listen to your indecent word play of games, laughing at your wives, stating that they are dumb b/c they have no clue...you violated their trust, you violated your marriage vows...you have probably violated other women by not telling them your married...therefore, I've violated your personal life, that you seem to have no care in the world about, to make it public here among all of us...so, I'm going to tell you what I'm going to do, I'm going to take this little gem of a tape, that I've made of you, with your pictures and post it on facebook...so that the whole world can hear of your boastful escapades....your parents, her parents, your boss, your wife, your co-workers, extended family and friends...

then I'd have walked away and wouldn't have posted it.

I have a right to get on a train or be in any public place and not have to listen to the rudeness and disgusting conversations other people have...you want to talk about privet, personal lives, then to the right thing and refrain from discussing things in public...refrain from using your phones in a public place, unless you get off your lazy butts and walk away...or outside.
You want to criminalize smokers, but it's ok to sit there for two hours, and make other people uncomfortable? I was in a doctors office, and this stupid woman was on the phone with her daughter and talked talked talked, and I was ready to get up and hit her with her phone...I felt so sick and instead of peace and quiet, I had to sit there and listen to her stupid conversation...and she talked loud, as others were rolling their eyes.
Same with someone talking like these 3 men did, THEY are the guilty ones, not the women who taped them....if they didn't want it to be public, they shouldn't have been bragging about it in public for two whole hours....
I probably wouldn't have posted it or said anything to them. I have better things to do with my time. Those idiots shared private information with a stranger and expected no consequences? They're morons.

ETA: I probably would have asked to move seats.

Last edited by monemi; 06-13-2013 at 07:38 AM.. Reason: Edit to explain
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships