Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 04:24 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times

Advertisements

It's frustrating. I have come across a few women, including one today that claimed I am probably too good for them. One of my friends doesn't want to recommend me to her friends either because I am also too good for them. Wtf does that even mean?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2013, 04:58 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
It's frustrating. I have come across a few women, including one today that claimed I am probably too good for them. One of my friends doesn't want to recommend me to her friends either because I am also too good for them. Wtf does that even mean?
I don't really think there is such a thing as "too good" but maybe they are meaning mis-matched expectations and personality differences.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:01 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I don't really think there is such a thing as "too good" but maybe they are meaning mis-matched expectations and personality differences.

You're probably right. I'd like to know what those are, though...

Old 06-15-2013, 05:02 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,024,950 times
Quote:
It probably just means that they foresee you eventually getting bored with these women, and thus searching for something better...because you have more of a means to get with someone "better" than she does.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:08 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
That's probably their way of saying they aren't attracted to you... due to possible factors.

You are too nice.

You seem too good to be true (red flag, indicator of phoniness)

They have low self esteem.

or.

You actually are too good for them. You are so good that no one can look at you, lest they shatter into itty bitty pieces.

You can with stand roundhouse kicks from Chuck Norris.

As a matter of fact, you actually made Chuck Norris roundhouse kick himself which resulted in a black hole that you somehow survived because you are just so darn good.

Now rock on, wit cho good self.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:16 PM

662 posts, read 1,260,110 times
It's like a man telling a woman she's "cute"

Old 06-15-2013, 05:32 PM

664 posts, read 1,036,402 times
I get that too sometimes.

It's mostly my job and former background.

Even their Dad's think it and say it.

They know she has/had "a troubled past".

Old 06-15-2013, 05:33 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,938,680 times
Maybe they know they're *******s. Or maybe they're lying to protect your self esteem. Either way, they're being nice to you

Old 06-15-2013, 05:33 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,330 times
Obviously I dont know you personally Hurricane. But..you SEEM to be the kind of person who has some things going for you. You seem to have your head on straight, and you seem to have goals and a desire to make something of yourself. You also seem to be a bit more 'moralistic' if thats a good word for it? Meaning, you dont seem like you are a filthy wh--re, and you dont want to date wild a$$ chicks who have no respect for themselves or no goals.

Thats the image I get of you. How far off base am I? LOL So, when you are being told so and so is not good enuff for you, well..they may simply mean that person does not have the same way of life, morals, thoughts and desires that you do. This remind me of a very close friend of the family (woman) who met a cousin of mine years and years ago and they dated for a few months, but it eventually broke off. My cousin said my friend was too good for him. And he was right. He hardly held a job, didnt do much but hang out, and was on disabilty for having some mental 'issues'. He is now dead from an overdose. She meanwhile went on with her life..(a good girl type) got married..is STILL married, and has 3 kids all in college. True story.

He knew..and he let her go. He was NOT good enough for her. It is what it is sometimes. So, you may THINK some of those women seem okay..but your friends may REALLY know them well, and know its not a good match. Who knows. Just a thought.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:34 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,938,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd1014 View Post
It's like a man telling a woman she's "cute"
I prefer women to be cute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships