Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2013, 03:57 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,188,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Are you serious. Most people know that if you are thin and getting older 35-45, your skin looks tighter. Heavier people are not included, because in those people your skin sags. Are you really acting like you don't know this. And you're how old?

The elasticity wears off when one ages. That's why young people have such soft skin. It bounces back fast when you touch it. It changes as you age.
I'm 37. I'm not "acting like" anything. I've never seen anyone's skin look "tighter" except for people who get plastic surgery or botox. I'm not trying to fight with you - it's just not what I see. And honestly, I'd say that the people who fill out a bit as they get older look younger because their fullness hides the wrinkles more. If people's skin got tighter in their 30's and 40's - you wouldn't have the droves of people starting to get botox and plastic surgery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 04:03 PM

157 posts, read 310,033 times
I think when women are younger they want marriage because it legitimizes the future children they hope to have and they know it's harder to raise a child as a single parent.

There are also those who believe they've found their "soul mate" and want to take a chance on life long happiness that the culture promises in the form of marriage.

Some believe it brings "security".

When women are older, I think this all changes and men seek marriage more often than women. Often, by midlife, women have assets to protect and so a single woman at middle age or older is not eager to those at risk. At the same time, a midlife woman is concerned about a man seeking a "nurse" or a "purse". In general, men at midlife seem to crave the companionship that marriage brings and if they marry younger, they get the feeling that some also crave: "to feel needed"

C

Old 07-18-2013, 04:03 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,208,786 times
Quote:
Pin point to me where I said that if you aren't attractive at 30 or 40, that you're going to be attractive at 50 or 60 just because of a change of hair color?

Three words:

Who said that?

Show me where I said that, because I don't even know where you are getting this information from.
My contention is that the vast majority of older men are not really that attractive, so it makes the skin argument moot. Sorry guys! But as a society we have to start taking care of ourselves.

Old 07-18-2013, 04:06 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,156,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I'm 37. I'm not "acting like" anything. I've never seen anyone's skin look "tighter" except for people who get plastic surgery or botox. I'm not trying to fight with you - it's just not what I see. And honestly, I'd say that the people who fill out a bit as they get older look younger because their fullness hides the wrinkles more. If people's skin got tighter in their 30's and 40's - you wouldn't have the droves of people starting to get botox and plastic surgery.

I don't agree with your first part. I'm 38 (although I look young for my age), I even have noticed some tightness. Of course, I'm not heavy either. I see it in everbody I know who is atleast my age or older. Atleast those that are thin. I'm not talking severe tightness like a seventy year old skinny guy. I'm just saying that by then, you can see the difference. Women at that age usually lose that soft bounce- back skin in the face. It's not my opinion it's fact.

The second part I agree with. When people fill out when they get older it does hide the wrinkles more, but also hides the fact that if they were thinner, their skin would look a touch tighter (the opposite of soft). People get botox to get rid of the wrinkles and fine lines. Not to get their skin tighter or not tighter, although that inevitably happens as the result of botox. The skin tightness from botox is basically a side effect of botox. The skin has to get tight to smooth the wrinkles and fine lines out.

Dew, you and I are close in the same age. I personally don't see a whole lot of aging on my face yet, but I know it will come eventually. You are asian right. I think they get the tight skin/ older look less.

Old 07-18-2013, 04:10 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,188,694 times
Quote:
I don't agree with your first part. I'm 38 (although I look young for my age), I even have noticed some tightness. Of course, I'm not heavy either. I see it in everbody I know who is atleast my age or older. I'm not talking severe tightness like a seventy year old skinny guy. I'm just saying that by then, you can see the difference. Women at that age usually lose that soft bounce back skin in the face. It's not my opinion it's fact.

The second part I agree with. When people fill out when they get older it does hide the wrinkles more, but also hides the fact that if they were thinner, their skin would look a touch tighter (the opposite of soft). People get botox to get rid of the wrinkles and fine lines. Not to get their skin tighter or not tighter. The skin tightness from botox basically just helps with the wrinkles; however, the skin is still tight.

Dew, you and I are close in the same age. I personally don't see a whole lot of aging on my face yet, but I know it will come eventually. You are asian right. I think they get the tight skin/ older look less.
I think we have different interpretations of the word "tightness" when it comes to skin.

I think I look older than I did 10 years ago but I don't think I look 37. My husband, the eloquent man that he is, told me that he thinks I look my age. Yeah - that didn't go over well! But everyone else seems to think I'm a lot younger!

Old 07-18-2013, 04:11 PM

Quote:
I don't agree with your first part. I'm 38 (although I look young for my age), I even have noticed some tightness. Of course, I'm not heavy either. I see it in everbody I know who is atleast my age or older. I'm not talking severe tightness like a seventy year old skinny guy. I'm just saying that by then, you can see the difference. Women at that age usually lose that soft bounce back skin in the face. It's not my opinion it's fact.

The second part I agree with. When people fill out when they get older it does hide the wrinkles more, but also hides the fact that if they were thinner, their skin would look a touch tighter (the opposite of soft). People get botox to get rid of the wrinkles and fine lines. Not to get their skin tighter or not tighter. The skin tightness from botox basically just helps with the wrinkles; however, the skin is still tight.

HLC Med - Anti Aging, Wrinkle Treatment, Skin Tightening

Can you please explain why skin tightening is offered as a treatment to aging?

Old 07-18-2013, 04:17 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,156,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
HLC Med - Anti Aging, Wrinkle Treatment, Skin Tightening

Can you please explain why skin tightening is offered as a treatment to aging?

Read my post, it helps to reduce wrinkles and fine lines. People are choosing the lesser evil of the two..

Old 07-18-2013, 04:17 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,747,759 times
Most of the people I know who want to get married (male, female, gay, straight) have the same reasons:

1. simplification of inheritance
2. makes things easier if kids are involved or hoped for
3. insurance/401k/social security reasons
4. they are in love and want to declare this to society using the socially accepted method
5. makes stuff like medical power of attorney more clear, less likely to be contested by other family members
6. as others have mentioned it can have benefits, like being viewed as more mature by your boss

Old 07-18-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Read my post, it helps to reduce wrinkles and fine lines. People are choosing the lesser evil of the two..
Well, I wish you would tell the bags under my eyes to start their natural tightening. They are not following your rules, which are superior to the current gravity rule of thumb.

Old 07-18-2013, 04:32 PM

896 posts, read 1,178,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Piggybacking off the thread where the man got an ultimatum to marry from his GF. Why do women (in general) want to get married so badly? Why does marriage matter so much if its not really any different than a LTR?
I think you should ask gay guys why marriage is so important to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships