Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 01:04 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Oh the drama.
Oh the trolling you mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 01:08 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Regardless if its a choice for me or a condition for you, we are way past women being prized only for their birthing abilities. We are actually capable of achieving other things.
Like climbing the corporate ladder? If that's considered progress by women (and men for that matter), we've sold our souls for absolutely nothing of real value. I never saw anyone wish they would have spent more time chasing dollars on their deathbed instead of spending more time with loved ones.

We all have to pay the bills and like being able to buy nice things/travel/etc with our money, but there's a balance you need to find. You can't take it with you when you go

Last edited by Philosophizer; 07-18-2013 at 01:21 PM..

Old 07-18-2013, 01:11 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
It might not be reflected online, but it is the truth. With the exception of some, most people deep down know this. Skin tightening and wrinkles just don't benefit women much. It can make many of them look old. whereas men seem distinguished and manly. Men are supposed to have some hard/ manliness to them. This is why in the long run when they age, they age better. If the aging process made a person more soft/ feminine, then I would say women benefit more from aging and it would most likely be guys who want to marry sooner.
Does it really matter given this space? Your (general mad CD men-you) lot in life is not going to change. What matters is what I said previously and be clear on something, you're really only more distinguished to your own reflection. Trust me, nobody else is going to notice wrong or right. So, what difference does it make?

Old 07-18-2013, 01:14 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I thought women only earn 70 cents for every dollar a man makes, doing the same job. Which is it, you get to pick only one. Here is a fun fact: 96% of alimony is paid by men to women. How is that not redistribution of wealth from a producer to a consumer?
Oh good grief son. Im not exactly sure how this 70% is derived but I know the type job, career gaps and part time status play into it. Its not man vs. woman doing the exact same job for the exact same time period. So no we don't have to pick one. Women are beginning to out earn men but women are still the ones who have career gaps and part time status to raise children thus leading to the alimony statistics. Of course 96% is paid by men because few men are taking the SAHD gig and losing their financial status.

Do you still not understand how division of assets and standard of living work. If you don't want to pay alimony marry someone who works and become a SAHD or share equally in both responsibilities.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:18 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,153,088 times
Quote:
Does it really matter given this space? Your (general mad CD men-you) lot in life is not going to change. What matters is what I said previously and be clear on something, you're really only more distinguished to your own reflection. Trust me, nobody else is going to notice wrong or right. So, what difference does it make?
I'm mad, thanks for speaking for me. I actually thought I was being brutally honest. And personally, I don't have one clue of what you are talking about. I mean that now. Maybe you didn't make yourself clear to me, perhaps I missed a post that you were referring to. I don't really know. Can you elaborate?

Old 07-18-2013, 01:22 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
Well, from what people are saying in the other thread, alimony is mostly a myth.

I think that when guys complain about paying it, 90% of the time they mean child support -- and they don't want custody. They just want to pretend to themselves that they don't have children.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:23 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
I'm mad, thanks for speaking for me. I actually thought I was being brutally honest. And personally, I don't have one clue of what you are talking about. I mean that now. Maybe you didn't make yourself clear to me, perhaps I missed a post that you were referring to. I don't really know. Can you elaborate?
No, not you. I inserted the clarifiction to clarify who I was talking about; Internet men who rant about women. Whether you are one or not is besides the point. What I'm saying is aging males who didn't look so good when they were young aren't going to look so good when they're old (they will look worse), so any belief they may have about better skin condition compared to women they don't know is irrelevant. It's a moot point. I also challenge the notion in it's entirety. The best looking men will age nicely. That is not most men and that's not the men under discussion. So, it makes no difference. Follow?

Old 07-18-2013, 01:28 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
No, not you. I inserted the clarifiction to clarify who I was talking about; Internet men who rant about women. Whether you are one or not is besides the point. What I'm saying is aging males who didn't look so good when they were young aren't going to look so good when they're old (they will look worse), so any belief they may have about better skin condition compared to women they don't know is irrelevant. It's a moot point. I also challenge the notion in it's entirety. The best looking men will age nicely. That is not most men and that's not the men under discussion. So, it makes no difference. Follow?
I think it's funny that guys seem to think all men will look 'distinguished' as they get older...no, most will be paunchy, saggy and wrinkly. Some men (and women for that matter) will continue looking amazing as they get older, but the majority of people will age fairly averagely. All you have to do is look around you and realize this.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:31 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,996,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I think it's funny that guys seem to think all men will look 'distinguished' as they get older...no, most will be paunchy, saggy and wrinkly..
They think their fat makes them look big and manly, too. It's bizarre.

Ohio_Peasant had an interesting analysis of this in another thread somewhere, about how it had to do with dynamics between men and them irrationally expanding that into theories of what women are attracted to.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:32 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
A woman can never be viewed as complete without bearing a child, and deep down, all women know this. Some have done a good job repressing it, but it still lingers, driving them insane, and only it only serves to make them even angrier at those who have fulfilled their womanly duties to their spouse/SO.

How's that for misgynistic? Are these really my views?

I sure as hell hope not, because that's a complete load of crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships