Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 02:05 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I ask my husband to pick up some sex at the grocery store on the way home all the time!

Oh wait... That's ice cream... Never mind...
Tell him I want some too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 02:09 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,857,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Me too!

Butter pecan, please. With Magic Shell chocolate sauce.

Old 08-01-2013, 02:16 PM

52,300 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Sex is not something you get from someone, it's not something they give to you nor something you take or are owed. Sex is a shared experience that you have with another. Get over this selfish mindset if you actually want to form connections in your life.
I think this mentality is more common amongst younger people, and men in general, women too, but more so from men.

I could go on and on about why I think it is so, but in a nutshell it's the 'hook up' culture that seems to be promoting these thoughts, along with the basic decline in values people seem to have a few others, but I'll really upset some people if I start going.....

Ok... let the nasty reps start flowing......

Old 08-01-2013, 02:25 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,744,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think this mentality is more common amongst younger people, and men in general, women too, but more so from men.

I could go on and on about why I think it is so, but in a nutshell it's the 'hook up' culture that seems to be promoting these thoughts, along with the basic decline in values people seem to have a few others, but I'll really upset some people if I start going.....

Ok... let the nasty reps start flowing......

I think there is something to this, exacerbated by the conversation-less culture of social media and texting. Without practicing regular face-to-face verbal and non-verbal (body language) communication, people lose the ability to connect intimately (romantically or platonically) with each other and form a human bond. So other people then become more like objects rather than thinking, feeling, endlessly complex individuals.

Old 08-01-2013, 02:37 PM

52,300 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I think there is something to this, exacerbated by the conversation-less culture of social media and texting. Without practicing regular face-to-face verbal and non-verbal (body language) communication, people lose the ability to connect intimately (romantically or platonically) with each other and form a human bond. So other people then become more like objects rather than thinking, feeling, endlessly complex individuals.
Yeah, exactly, I didn't even begin to touch all of the "social media/gadgets" portion of it......

How many threads on here have you seen where somewhere in the threads was some confusion about some elements of the conversation that was misunderstood etc etc, when texting is involved.........

Why don't people meet and talk, or talk on the phone, who likes to have full blown convo's with text... I think texting sucks, but whatever.......

Don't want to hijack this thread too much more.

Old 08-01-2013, 04:27 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,353,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I ask my husband to pick up some sex at the grocery store on the way home all the time!

Oh wait... That's ice cream... Never mind...
Be careful what you wish for. You know us men tend to stray.

Every man's dream wife. LOL!!!!

Old 08-01-2013, 04:31 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrueRulz View Post
Me too!

Butter pecan, please. With Magic Shell chocolate sauce.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Be careful what you wish for. You know us men tend to stray.

Every man's dream wife. LOL!!!!
Well, sorry to disappoint everyone but I had to pick up the sex myself! Raspberry sorbet for me and Caramel Cookie Crunch for him!

Old 08-01-2013, 04:38 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,241,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
But...but...then the C-D Relationships forum would shrivel up and die!
now there's a word men love-when speaking of sex- "shrivel"

right up there with..... shrinkage

Old 08-01-2013, 06:20 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
now there's a word men love-when speaking of sex- "shrivel"

right up there with..... shrinkage
"It was the pool! It was cold!"

Right George Constansa.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:37 AM

3,763 posts, read 6,714,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
For you, maybe. Not for everyone.
I didn't say for everyone but for some it is so they can get money, bills paid off, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships