Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 04:15 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGuy View Post
Not really.

Scenario 1: you meet a guy you don't know and get into a relationship. He ends up being a "D-bag". You break up. Conclusion: you wasted your time on someone who isn't your soul mate.

Scenario 2: you wait to get to know a guy before getting into a relationship. He ends up being incompatible for some other reason than being a "D-bag". You break up. Conclusion: you wasted your time on someone who isn't your soul mate.

The end result in both scenarios is the same.

So she spent all that time being picky and choosy and waiting to get to know a guy before dating, but she was just as wrong about her choice for a compatible mate as you were with the "D-bags" you met.
You really don't think there's a difference?

That's actually kinda sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 04:16 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
You really don't think there's a difference?

That's actually kinda sad.
I know. Quality matters. A lot.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I know. Quality matters. A lot.
Absolutely agree. And I also believe there's a big difference in giving someone a chance and finding out they were a D-bag and dating someone and realizing they're a good person, but you're just not compatible partners.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:22 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Absolutely agree. And I also believe there's a big difference in giving someone a chance and finding out they were a D-bag and dating someone and realizing they're a good person, but you're just not compatible partners.
And even if the relationship doesn't work out, it's not a waste of time to find out what's important to you and what you need and don't need in an SO and a relationship. And it doesn't mean that everything about the relationship was terrible. It's life experience that makes you who you are.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:26 PM

415 posts, read 599,944 times
Quote:
The chick only dated 3 men. If you want to take dating advice from someone without dating experience then be my guest. And if you wanna take financial advice from a homeless dude, you can be my guest on that one too.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:
The chick only dated 3 men. If you want to take dating advice from someone without dating experience then be my guest. And if you wanna take financial advice from a homeless dude, you can be my guest on that one too.
I take advice from people who seem to have a good head on their shoulder. Should I take dating advice from my guy friend who sleeps around and dates a new woman every month simply because he has experience? Or should I take dating experience from my parents who have been happily married 30 years?

I'd much more readily take advice from a person who has had 3 relationships over one who hops from person to person...unless hopping around is my goal, which it's not.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:43 PM

Quote:
No. I dated more than 3 men. Did you not notice the part where I said my boyfriend and I dated other people? I had 3 long term relationships. In the years that my boyfriend and I had an open relationship - I dated a bunch of men. And they were all good people.

And how would having 3 great relationships, including a wonderful marriage be at all comparable to a homeless dude?

Look - I've had wonderful experiences in dating and love. You sound like you haven't. And instead of listening to anything any of us are saying - you are willfully ignoring things and calling us liars. I just don't get it.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:
I take advice from people who seem to have a good head on their shoulder. Should I take dating advice from my guy friend who sleeps around and dates a new woman every month simply because he has experience? Or should I take dating experience from my parents who have been happily married 30 years?

I'd much more readily take advice from a person who has had 3 relationships over one who hops from person to person...unless hopping around is my goal, which it's not.
JetJockey, read what she posted on the previous page:

Quote:
I'm not talking about dating in high school. I was with my first boyfriend from 17-22, and we dated other people for the last couple years. Then I met my ex-fiance, broke up with my boyfriend, and was with him until I was 25. Then I met my husband and I've been with him since then.

My point was that I wasn't sitting around waiting for Prince Charming and rejecting every guy that came my way because I was ultra picky.
She says her first bf wasn't a d-bag. But they're cheating on each other for the last couple years they are together, their relationship must have been really bad. Her second relationship she was with the guy for 3 years. Got engaged. Then found out there was something so bad about their relationship they had to call off the marriage.

Now she's married to the 3rd guy she ever dated. In another thread, she stated she's still friends with one of her ex-bfs.

When a girl calls a guy friend her "bro", it means she's slept with him

Which ex-bf is her friend? Is it the guy she cheated on/got cheated on with? Or is it the ex-fiancé she found so incompatible with they broke off the marriage? If you were married, would you want your husband friends with a chick he cheated on/got cheated on? Would you be comfortable if your husband was be comfortable if he was friends with his ex-fiancé?

All I'm saying is her dating life is not as hunky-dorey as she is saying. If her first ex wasn't a d-bag, why were they cheating on each other? If her second ex wasn't a d-bag, why did they call off the engagement? If her husband is such a great guy, why is she still friends with one of those ex-bfs?

Something is not right with her marriage if her husband can't provide the companionship she desires and has to get it from one of those ex-bfs.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
JetJockey, read what she posted on the previous page:

She says her first bf wasn't a d-bag. But they're cheating on each other for the last couple years they are together, their relationship must have been really bad. Her second relationship she was with the guy for 3 years. Got engaged. Then found out there was something so bad about their relationship they had to call off the marriage.

Now she's married to the 3rd guy she ever dated. In another thread, she stated she's still friends with one of her ex-bfs.

When a girl calls a guy friend her "bro", it means she's slept with him

Which ex-bf is her friend? Is it the guy she cheated on/got cheated on with? Or is it the ex-fiancé she found so incompatible with they broke off the marriage? If you were married, would you want your husband friends with a chick he cheated on/got cheated on? Would you be comfortable if your husband was be comfortable if he was friends with his ex-fiancé?

All I'm saying is her dating life is not as hunky-dorey as she is saying. If her first ex wasn't a d-bag, why were they cheating on each other? If her second ex wasn't a d-bag, why did they call off the engagement? If her husband is such a great guy, why is she still friends with one of those ex-bfs?

Something is not right with her marriage if her husband can't provide the companionship she desires and has to get it from one of those ex-bfs.
Wow - where did you come up with that stuff? I've talked about my relationships a lot on here - and you are so far off base - you aren't even in the same ball field. I'd correct your bizarre assumptions but I just don't think trying to talk to you is worth it! I mean, seriously... I have no idea how you made all this stuff up.

Old 08-22-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
No. I dated more than 3 men. Did you not notice the part where I said my boyfriend and I dated other people? I had 3 long term relationships. In the years that my boyfriend and I had an open relationship - I dated a bunch of men. And they were all good people.

And how would having 3 great relationships, including a wonderful marriage be at all comparable to a homeless dude?

Look - I've had wonderful experiences in dating and love. You sound like you haven't. And instead of listening to anything any of us are saying - you are willfully ignoring things and calling us liars. I just don't get it.
You had a 5-yr. relationship with your high school sweetheart. He was a great guy? So why did you two feel the need to have an "open relationship" for the last 2 yrs. of your relationship? Your relationship was good for the first 3, but obviously it turned so sour you two needed to screw other people for the last 2. And you said you met a bunch of great men, huh? But obviously they weren't good enough to get you to stop dating your high school sweetheart. Except for one. And he was a good guy too, right? But there must have been something so wrong between the two of you that you had break off your engagement.

You and JetJockey are touted your way of dating as being the best because it always led to good experiences. But what I'm saying is it didn't always lead to good experiences. With your high school sweetheart, there was something so wrong with him, you had to have an open relationship with a bunch of "good men". There was something so wrong with these "good men" they weren't worth breaking up with your bf for. There was something so wrong with your ex-fiancé, you had to break off your engagement. Your husband, there's something so wrong with him, you still need to be friends with one of those ex-bfs.

Doesn't sound like your way of relationships is successful at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships