Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 07:17 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plmokn View Post
Is anyone 0% insecure?

If you don't have the absolute need to be in a relationship then there are fewer issues when finding a relationship.
I have been single more years than I have been married throughout my lifetime and it does not bother me in the least however, I have never had to have a relationship.

In essence I am secure with my life and myself whether I have a steady relationship or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 07:19 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
What do you mean by back off? There have been guys who I thought were too attractive for me and I wouldn't really go after them but if they were the ones pursuing me, yes I'd probably still feel a bit insecure, but I'd go along with it.
I have in the past tried my luck and approached a guy or two who were way out of my league thinking they would NEVER bite, and when they did, I was like "Oh crap, what did I just do? This is not right!". If they approached and pursued me, that would be another matter, even though I'd still feel insecure.

Last edited by srjth; 08-18-2013 at 07:29 PM..

Old 08-18-2013, 07:26 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plmokn View Post
Is anyone 0% insecure?
I'm pretty secure in knowing what I look like and how other women have treated me in the past have "helped" me get to that knowledge, but I still don't care how attractive you are, if I feel the need to talk to you, I'm gonna talk to you.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:39 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
While there are people that develop the prince/princess personality, looks don't change the things needed to make someone happy unless they are insecure.
I'm not understanding what you mean here.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:44 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
I think if they are too "hot" I totally misread their signals! My brain says "oh, they are just chatty like I am!"

Old 08-18-2013, 08:42 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
I have backed off when I thought a guy thought he was very hot. I don't want to deal with that. But a guy who is equally handsome and not placing so much importance on it, no.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:46 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I have in the past tried my luck and approached a guy or two who were way out of my league thinking they would NEVER bite, and when they did, I was like "Oh crap, what did I just do? This is not right!". If they approached and pursued me, that would be another matter, even though I'd still feel insecure.

The only way for someone to be "out of your league" is if they are not human.
All humans are in the same league and this type of thinking is what stops many from finding someone to share their lives with.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:54 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Quote:
who was too hot for you, and so you backed off because of that?

I have.

Pathetic, I know. I just can't handle it.

(when I say hot I mean they look sooooo good it makes you uncomfortable)
No. I actually don't get much from "hot" guys. I prefer handsome men.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:32 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
who was too hot for you, and so you backed off because of that?

I have.

Pathetic, I know. I just can't handle it.

(when I say hot I mean they look sooooo good it makes you uncomfortable)
Usually, I don't even bother with women who "look so good that it makes me uncomfortable".

Also, after my recent experience, I'm less likely to.

I have met a woman who's actually way more attractive than the women that are "too hot" Yet, at the same time, I felt I could talk to her. We got along so well. There was not a hint of nervousness. (We're just friends, though and that is how it is going to be)

I've come to realize that it is not the look of those women, it is their personality. There is some kind of air that we just wouldn't get along. I get that judgmental vibe from them.

Don't get me wrong, those "hot women" are still nice to look at, but I've learned to go more towards the ones that I feel a friendly vibe with.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:33 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foclampt View Post
That surprises me a little coming from you, all of your posts sound like you are a very confident person!
Wouldn't those jitters be like, A REAL attraction to the other person?
Does it make you nervous because, maybe you don't have the same level of control over yourself? I mean that in a good way.
I wonder ...is that what most guys feel like on dates? When they have so many things to be nervous about and they know they're entering the battleground of 'hoping to get lucky not rejected'?
If you know the answer to this let me know...
I have been pretending that I don't notice for a while, since I'm on a self imposed 'single' mission, I KNOW I'm going to do the same kind of thing when I start dating again.
Those jitters are actually warnings that the other person is not right for you (from my experience).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships