Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 05:18 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,944,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
Obviously the last guy you chased has mental or emotional issues.If he hasnt had interest from a woman for 5 years, and you ask him out, and he declines, he has problems. No healthy male would turn down a date if he hadnt had interest for 5 years. He did you a favor by declining, as he wouldnt be someone worth dating anyway.

So I will rephrase, most of the time the hot guys get chased.
But in that scenario, you win. You tried, and he failed. On to the next. And he is a total idiot, and deserves his misery.

And FWIW, I have been chased a couple times, and I am far from hot. But each time was by a friend.
But, I would be willing to bet you knew the guy somewhat as a friend or co-worker before asking him out. I doubt it was a cold approach and you asked him out during the first convo. If I am wrong, I applaud you.
How do you know he's miserable ?

I haven't had a date in 9 years, and I'm not miserable. And I'm not a total idiot, either. And I don't deserve to suffer either. I just don't really want a girlfriend. I mean, sometimes I wish I had one, but I don't want a girlfriend enough to do whatever it takes to go find one. I like my independence and easy life. You have no idea that the guy has any sort of mental issues. You have no idea that he's not worth dating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Why? He wasn't attracted to me and no amount of 'dry spell' was going to change that. He told me he was into petite women (i.e., short and thin) and I'm decidedly not petite so why would he waste his time with me?

Like I said, even most guys in a dry spell who complain about women not being into them will decline a woman they don't find physically attractive. Hell, even I could be in a relationship right now if I wanted to date the homeless guy who hit on me a few weeks ago, or the 70 year old businessman who said he could 'show me a good time'.

This was the second time I'd met the guy, he's a friend of my roommates.

Well, you see, certainly a majority of people, including me, are not interested in dating someone that they are not attracted to at all. Why do you make it sound like it's a bad thing ?

We have a right to discriminate when choosing a date. Discrimination is not a bad word in the dating world, nor is it a bad word in statistics.

Old 08-22-2013, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I dunno. Never rejected anyone. But I do think that while it's not nice to reject someone because of height, I know it happens, and it's your right to do it.

You're sounding absolutely ridiculous in this thread.

Old 08-22-2013, 05:26 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,656,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Well, you see, certainly a majority of people, including me, are not interested in dating someone that they are not attracted to at all. Why do you make it sound like it's a bad thing ?

We have a right to discriminate when choosing a date. Discrimination is not a bad word in the dating world, nor is it a bad word in statistics.
I completely agree... I was just saying that men seem to think it's wrong for a woman to 'discriminate' against shorter men but it's perfectly okay for them to 'discriminate' against uglier women. I agree that one should only be with people they are attracted to and if that means taller guys then that's fine.

Old 08-22-2013, 05:37 PM

863 posts, read 1,130,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I don't have a significant other, but I am sort of hitting it off with a man right now. I am 5'7" and he's about 5'9" (I judge this on if I wear 2 inch heels we see eye to eye... so I don't wear the heels around him anymore).
I really don't understand why this is a problem for many people. What's wrong with seeing him eye to eye?

Old 08-22-2013, 05:44 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,820,887 times
I was dating a man who is 5'8" but I dumped him and now I'm "talking to" a man who is over 6' tall. Well a couple of men and both that tall. Of course there may have been other reasons I dumped the man.

Old 08-22-2013, 06:03 PM

Quote:
I completely agree... I was just saying that men seem to think it's wrong for a woman to 'discriminate' against shorter men but it's perfectly okay for them to 'discriminate' against uglier women. I agree that one should only be with people they are attracted to and if that means taller guys then that's fine.
I agree. There shouldn't be this double standard. It should be perfectly okay for both men and women to "discriminate" as they please in dating.

That's why Lucario's comments make no sense to me.

Old 08-22-2013, 06:17 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,019,314 times
About the only thing you can say when it comes to this, is that the majority of women are going to prefer men who are taller than they are for whatever reason. Some are just way more superficial than others.

i tend to laugh at those women because, well, those women who prefer the taller men do not have a lot of options, since there isn't that many men who are taller than 6'.

I've been rejected for every reason under the sun, and probably more. Hell I've had women tell me I should kill myself for being so ugly looking. If I were to ever be rejected based solely on my height, I think I'd walk away laughing at them.

Old 08-22-2013, 06:23 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,656,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
About the only thing you can say when it comes to this, is that the majority of women are going to prefer men who are taller than they are for whatever reason. Some are just way more superficial than others.

i tend to laugh at those women because, well, those women who prefer the taller men do not have a lot of options, since there isn't that many men who are taller than 6'.

I've been rejected for every reason under the sun, and probably more. Hell I've had women tell me I should kill myself for being so ugly looking. If I were to ever be rejected based solely on my height, I think I'd walk away laughing at them.
Yep. The majority of women prefer taller men and the majority of men prefer shorter/petite women.

That's just the way it is and the way it will probably always be.

Old 08-22-2013, 06:32 PM

213 posts, read 504,748 times
Quote:
Yep. The majority of women prefer taller men and the majority of men prefer shorter/petite women.

That's just the way it is and the way it will probably always be.
I'm sick of you spewing this nonsense about how men have an overwhelming preference for petite women. You should see the thread I just made on Reddit: Would you rather have a woman who was super petite (4'9"-4'11") or Amazonian (6'0"-6'2")???? : AskMen. It's split about 50-50 for whether men would want a 6'0" woman or 4'11" woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships