Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 09:29 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Yeah, you back off when you don't get a response, you're a quitter and you give up too soon. You keep pursuing (chasing), you're a stalker.

I'd rather be a quitter than a stalker with all the fish in the sea.
I don't understand this thought process.

If a woman didn't respond to a text or call from me in the past, I delete her number and stop talking to her.

A text or call takes 20 seconds, she just isn't interested and I was not the type to chase a woman. Oh well.

Times are different now, you can be accused of being a stalker if you text or call too much. I wouldn't take that chance.

Old 10-26-2018, 10:29 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,750,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I don't understand this thought process.

If a woman didn't respond to a text or call from me in the past, I delete her number and stop talking to her.

A text or call takes 20 seconds, she just isn't interested and I was not the type to chase a woman. Oh well.

Times are different now, you can be accused of being a stalker if you text or call too much. I wouldn't take that chance.
Texting is not instant messenger so I think it takes longer than 20 seconds to get a reply.

Old 10-26-2018, 11:50 AM

1,593 posts, read 776,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Texting is not instant messenger so I think it takes longer than 20 seconds to get a reply.
But not to type the reply

Old 10-26-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by At Arms Length View Post
But not to type the reply
You do know that a person maybe not be able to respond if they are out shopping or driving?

Old 10-26-2018, 02:46 PM

1,593 posts, read 776,593 times
Quote:
You do know that a person maybe not be able to respond if they are out shopping or driving?
Of course. We’re talking about two different things. You’re talking about instantaneous response. I’m talking about taking 20 seconds out of your day to respond to a text that’s beeen on your phone for a while. Someone who is “too busy” to respond to a text or a call for a day or two simply doesn’t want to.

Old 10-26-2018, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by At Arms Length View Post
Of course. We’re talking about two different things. You’re talking about instantaneous response. I’m talking about taking 20 seconds out of your day to respond to a text that’s beeen on your phone for a while. Someone who is “too busy” to respond to a text or a call for a day or two simply doesn’t want to.
Oh ok I thought you were talking about response time but you are talking about the entire day.

Old 10-28-2018, 05:01 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,035,856 times
Quote:
Oh ok I thought you were talking about response time but you are talking about the entire day.
Yeah, every time you participate in a message board discussion about texting time or follow-up, you have to qualify it with the amount of time the person has taken to respond (or not respond). Otherwise, you'll get people saying, "I don't my phone on me 24/7". Well, then you should say, "Well, at least I should get a reply in at least those 24 hours."

Old 10-28-2018, 05:13 AM

669 posts, read 582,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
I'm 23 years old, been single for 5 years and from the looks of things, It's gonna be that way until I die. Don't get me wrong I don't hate women even though my experiences with them haven't been good. I always hear this saying "Man wasn't meant to be alone." I feel that I'm meant to be alone in this life. I don't believe there is a woman out there for me at all, it doesn't make me sad I just accept it. I've never even approached a woman or asked one out, It's scary so I don't try. I will not have a girlfriend, will never have sex, will not get married, and will never had kids (I had a vascetomy already). Are some men just meant to be alone?
You are only 23. You are too young and too immature ( not an insult) to be making these assumptions at this time. Relax. Enjoy your life. The best IS yet come. As you mature, finding a relationship that is meaningful will come your way as long as you are open to one. Choose wisely.

Old 10-28-2018, 09:29 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,885,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLgaltoo View Post
You are only 23. You are too young and too immature ( not an insult) to be making these assumptions at this time. Relax. Enjoy your life. The best IS yet come. As you mature, finding a relationship that is meaningful will come your way as long as you are open to one. Choose wisely.
The reality is after 21 or college graduation it is exponentially more difficult to get attention from the opposite sex in Western societies outside of work. And now with over-zealous MeToo hyper-sensitive standards Men no longer can try the workplace. The gym is generally off limits in major cities and most Women don't take Men seriously at the club or bar. Where exactly is he supposed to meet a Woman?

As with many other things in this society which are just plain dysfunctional and broken, dating is just another thing. OP is probably long gone but to those in a similar circumstance my advice is to stack cash, retire early and move abroad. In the meanwhile to get your sexual needs met, there is DR, Tijuana which is only about 4 hours away from most U.S. cities at most.

Old 10-28-2018, 11:41 AM

399 posts, read 221,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
The reality is after 21 or college graduation it is exponentially more difficult to get attention from the opposite sex in Western societies outside of work. And now with over-zealous MeToo hyper-sensitive standards Men no longer can try the workplace. The gym is generally off limits in major cities and most Women don't take Men seriously at the club or bar. Where exactly is he supposed to meet a Woman?

As with many other things in this society which are just plain dysfunctional and broken, dating is just another thing. OP is probably long gone but to those in a similar circumstance my advice is to stack cash, retire early and move abroad. In the meanwhile to get your sexual needs met, there is DR, Tijuana which is only about 4 hours away from most U.S. cities at most.
This post gives off a really weird vibe. Why would you advise people to find a wife in another country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships