Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 04:47 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,750,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
The reality is after 21 or college graduation it is exponentially more difficult to get attention from the opposite sex in Western societies outside of work. And now with over-zealous MeToo hyper-sensitive standards Men no longer can try the workplace. The gym is generally off limits in major cities and most Women don't take Men seriously at the club or bar. Where exactly is he supposed to meet a Woman?

As with many other things in this society which are just plain dysfunctional and broken, dating is just another thing. OP is probably long gone but to those in a similar circumstance my advice is to stack cash, retire early and move abroad. In the meanwhile to get your sexual needs met, there is DR, Tijuana which is only about 4 hours away from most U.S. cities at most.
Don't forget that the option to meet women on craigslist is gone too

Old 10-28-2018, 06:40 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,885,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsix View Post
This post gives off a really weird vibe. Why would you advise people to find a wife in another country?
So what do you suggest that the OP do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Don't forget that the option to meet women on craigslist is gone too
Haha that was never a good option to begin with. You would just get a meth addict on there.

Old 10-28-2018, 06:57 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,750,250 times
Quote:

Haha that was never a good option to begin with. You would just get a meth addict on there.
I met tons of pretty women with professional jobs from CL

Old 10-28-2018, 10:11 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
The reality is after 21 or college graduation it is exponentially more difficult to get attention from the opposite sex in Western societies outside of work.
Not it's not. You can match or meet up with a hideous or obese person looking for love any day of the week.

What's hard is meeting ATTRACTIVE people. Not only are they rarely single, but they have short attention spans and an endless choice of dating partners so they can be as picky/patient as they want.

So it takes thousands of matches and several years to just find a person you believe is attractive enough to want to be with for the rest of your life, and that's not even going over their personality which could also be a deal breaker.

When I scroll through tinder and bumble, hell, anyone can swipe right on all the attractive people. But there's a low chance they'll swipe right on you, even lower chance they'll message you, even lower chance you'll get a first date, even lower chance you get a 2nd date.

If a man wants attention from attractive members of the opposite sex in western society, he better be 6'4" with some money. Because it takes an insane amount of effort for the average man to find a date with a decent person.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:32 PM

399 posts, read 221,076 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Not it's not. You can match or meet up with a hideous or obese person looking for love any day of the week.

What's hard is meeting ATTRACTIVE people. Not only are they rarely single, but they have short attention spans and an endless choice of dating partners so they can be as picky/patient as they want.

So it takes thousands of matches and several years to just find a person you believe is attractive enough to want to be with for the rest of your life, and that's not even going over their personality which could also be a deal breaker.

When I scroll through tinder and bumble, hell, anyone can swipe right on all the attractive people. But there's a low chance they'll swipe right on you, even lower chance they'll message you, even lower chance you'll get a first date, even lower chance you get a 2nd date.

If a man wants attention from attractive members of the opposite sex in western society, he better be 6'4" with some money. Because it takes an insane amount of effort for the average man to find a date with a decent person.
I don't really agree with either of you...

I'm 26 and went out with three attractive girls/women in the last several months (and a couple others who were so-so). Met none of them on dating sites. Four I met at Meetups, one I met randomly online.

If you have any game at all, it's really easy to get dates by going to Meetups.

I'm 6', don't work out at all, and have almost no money.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:39 PM

1,593 posts, read 776,593 times
Quote:

I'm 26 and went out with three attractive girls/women in the last several months (and a couple others who were so-so). Met none of them on dating sites. Four I met at Meetups, one I met randomly online.

There's your key.

Old 10-28-2018, 11:46 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,407,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post

I'm currently in a relationship, but for me, I always got a lot of 1st dates from dating apps. Rarely a 2nd date or beyond, though.

Old 10-29-2018, 06:23 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,885,749 times
Quote:

Define 'Game' as to me it's a highly subjective concept.

And if you are skinny fat with no money and getting at least one date per month on meetup you either have an above average face, live in an area where the average guy doesn't clean up well (or can't be bothered at all with it) or the Women you perceive as attractive are actually not so much.

No average Joe gets by with minimal effort these days. Not with reality TV and social media warping expectations.

Old 10-29-2018, 07:40 AM

399 posts, read 221,076 times
Quote:
Define 'Game' as to me it's a highly subjective concept.

And if you are skinny fat with no money and getting at least one date per month on meetup you either have an above average face, live in an area where the average guy doesn't clean up well (or can't be bothered at all with it) or the Women you perceive as attractive are actually not so much.

No average Joe gets by with minimal effort these days. Not with reality TV and social media warping expectations.
I weigh 140 lbs and live in the bay area where single guys outnumber single girls 2:1.

By game I just mean knowing how to hold a conversation.

My point is just that your perception of the dating world doesn't line up at all with my experience. If you put yourself out there and can hold a conversation it's not hard to get dates.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:27 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,035,856 times
Quote:
I weigh 140 lbs and live in the bay area where single guys outnumber single girls 2:1.

By game I just mean knowing how to hold a conversation.

My point is just that your perception of the dating world doesn't line up at all with my experience. If you put yourself out there and can hold a conversation it's not hard to get dates.
Well, when you run into women that say, "I'm seeing someone right now" or "I'm not looking to date at the moment". Well, the buck stops there until you get a "Yes"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships